Windows 10: How manage maybe even unistall Norton backup

Discus and support How manage maybe even unistall Norton backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I serviced my friend’s 6-month-old Win10 (x64) TOSHIBA Satellite S55-C laptop last month. The computer has a 1TB HDD & they use a 1TB external HDD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MeAndMyComputer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. How manage maybe even unistall Norton backup

I serviced my friend’s 6-month-old Win10 (x64) TOSHIBA Satellite S55-C laptop last month.
    The computer has a 1TB HDD & they use a 1TB external HDD to save their data and what they thought was a computer backup by literally copying everything on Drive C, which amounted to each unit to be as full as could be.
    To make a long story short, it was a mess but easy to clean up except for how to handle their Norton Security with Backup. Personally I’d rather get rid of the backup section but it’s their computer. How do I know where their data is being saved and how to manage it? If I can convince them to get rid of the Norton backup section though how can I do that?

I’d like to add their previous Win7 computer had crashed on them and they lost a ton of pictures as well as their data that even a local professional computer shop couldn’t recover anything. But now they are asking me for my help because they don’t know what they are doing and admit it. I know I can help them but I’m a simple computer user who likes to keep things in order & simple and I’m willing to help them do the same.

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 23, 2016

2. remove backed up registry

how do i remove registry backups on windows 10? i kinda have like more than 100 backups cause of revo unistaller...it creates a backup every single unistallation.

nastybloodlust, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Symbian Anna missing split screen keyboard / no split screen keyboard in some variants

I even couldn't find conversation app and conversation server in my application manager. how could I unistalled them?

dodo68---01, Aug 23, 2016
  4. altae Win User

How manage maybe even unistall Norton backup

They should get an external HDD to backup their most important data like pictures etc. This can be done using Northon Backup (properly configured) but my recommendation would be PureSync (free or professional version). And maybe they should also create system images. But I would do them manually every now and then. I don't know Northon Backup and whether it offers this backup type but a free alternative would be Macrium Reflect (free or paid edition). Or of course any other paid solution like Paragon Hard Disk Manager (which I use), Acronis True Image...

altae, Aug 23, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    I run Nortons, sounds like the same version as your friend has. I have Nortons Backup turned OFF, as I never use it. Just go into Nortons setup, and UN-Click Nortons Backup, that will turn it off. Then I would suggest that you download and setup Macrium Reflect for your friend. Its Free and does a much better job.
    Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Aug 23, 2016
  6. MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How manage maybe even unistall Norton backup

1. How manage maybe even unistall Norton backup - Similar Threads - manage maybe unistall

2. How to unistall shield

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unistall shield: How to unistall shield? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unistall-shield/35f10162-f9d9-4aab-9b36-33d8151dfd3b
  3. How to unistall shield

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unistall shield: How to unistall shield? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unistall-shield/35f10162-f9d9-4aab-9b36-33d8151dfd3b
  4. unistall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unistall: HiI uninstalled this program why do i keep getting this notification?thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall/c6295b75-abf1-4e51-baa4-3a5de49b3164
  5. Deleting Norton Backup Folder N360_Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Norton Backup Folder N360_Backup: I used to have Norton 360 but no longer have it. When I had it, it apparently created a backup folder N360_Backup on an external hard drive. Since I no longer have the app, I want to delete the folder. I have tried changing permissions and changing it from read only but the...
  6. Deleting Norton Backup Folder N360_Backup

Deleting Norton Backup Folder N360_Backup: I used to have Norton 360 but no longer have it. When I had it, it apparently created a backup folder N360_Backup on an external hard drive. Since I no longer have the app, I want to delete the folder. I have tried changing permissions and changing it from read only but the...
  7. How to Unistall Camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Unistall Camera?: https://aka.ms/AAehwr8 link to my FBH post...Windows 11 21H2 22000.282Gigabyte X570 Aorus MasterAMD Ryzen 9 3900 X32Gb RamWhen trying to uninstall Camera it takes you to Programs and Features for the uninstall....however Camera is not there.This is a Tower PC with no camera...
  8. How to Unistall Camera?

How to Unistall Camera?: https://aka.ms/AAehwr8 link to my FBH post...Windows 11 21H2 22000.282Gigabyte X570 Aorus MasterAMD Ryzen 9 3900 X32Gb RamWhen trying to uninstall Camera it takes you to Programs and Features for the uninstall....however Camera is not there.This is a Tower PC with no camera...
  9. How to completely unistall a program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to completely unistall a program?: Please tell me ways to completely uninstall an application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-unistall-a-program/ac1bbd7f-ce9c-443b-8cd4-0172a428d018
  10. any unistall from device manager hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any unistall from device manager hangs: I'm using windows 10 home, trying to uninstall some devices from the device manager, however, every time I initiate an uninstall it prompts the warning you are about to uninstall. Click uninstall and it says uninstalling devices and has the screen bar scrolling. At this point...