Windows 10: how many mAh s does it tak to power my Surface3

Discus and support how many mAh s does it tak to power my Surface3 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface 3 & I think the battery has failed! It will operate with the charger plugged in! But I need it to use it away from a power source!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tully, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Tully Win User

how many mAh s does it tak to power my Surface3

I have a Surface 3 & I think the battery has failed!
    It will operate with the charger plugged in! But I need it to use it away from a power source!

I can't find the number of mHh it takes per hour to power it!

Is their a portable power supply I can purchase, that I can run it on until I get a new one?

:)

Tully, Dec 8, 2016

2. Decent N95 Review

Hi ROB?

Could y please extend bout the RAM issue [recent] with N95?

Actually how many amount of RAM it currently has?

2.I heard its battery is not that generic 950 mAh, it s powerful.

Agree with y.Need additional yet more powerful battery.

I am really scared with the purple issue.

My dad wants to give this phone to me after a yaer round of N91.

tHANKS.

keane---01, Dec 8, 2016
  3. X3-02 Charger

I've lost my nokia x3-02 charger which is 860 mAh and now i am using nokia 5310's charger which is just 350 mAh. Does this effect my phone or damage by battery ?

Sukru---01, Dec 8, 2016
  4. how many mAh s does it tak to power my Surface3

You should be able to buy a Surface charger online. You can check some of your local places tech places as well. In the US, our Best Buys carry them.

DeaconFrost, Dec 8, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    His problem is the battery....if it works with the charger plugged in.

Wrote the above whilst using my MSI Gaming laptop, where of course you can just change the battery.

Now working on my Surface Pro 4 realise you cannot change the battery....stupid me...

dencal, Dec 8, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Dec 8, 2016
  7. Tully Win User
    Sorry:

My mistake!

I should have said "Is there a portable device that I can charge off-line & use as battery backup?"

Tully, Dec 8, 2016
  8. Tully Win User

Sorry:

My mistake!

I should have said "Is there a portable device that I can charge off-line & use as battery backup?"

Tully, Dec 8, 2016
  9. bobkn Win User
    You need a 5V battery pack. There are many on the market, with a broad range of prices and capacities. They are mainly intended for smartphones, but if the Surface 3 original battery was only 5600 mAh (post #4), there are many with more capacity than that.

I wonder what it would cost to have the battery replaced? It'd be more in the line of a repair than a simple replacement.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Microso...lacement/52684

Doesn't look like something I'd try myself, unless I was prepared to write off the Surface 3.

bobkn, Dec 8, 2016
  10. The 5V battery pack will only work if the surface is looking for 5V at the charge port. My guess is the Surface is like laptops etc and a lot higher voltage than 5V. And not a USB charging/power port like on a smart phone. If this is what your talking about? USB Battery Pack for Raspberry Pi - 10000mAh - 2 x 5V outputs

The reports I have seen, indicate the surface is glued together and not meant to serviced. Not by mere mortals anyway. lol.

alphanumeric, Dec 9, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    I found this article at "Love my Surface" External Battery for Surface. If the battery isn't working, though, this approach may not help because it uses the battery as a "power buffer" of sorts. You may need to send it in to get it replaced, which I understand costs $400-450 for out-of-warranty Surface Pros. Cheaper to jump on the current Xmas specials and buy a new one for $500. Then you can give the busted one to charity and take a $200 tax write-off for "gifts in kind."
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 9, 2016
  12. bobkn Win User
    No, I checked. The Surface 3 charger is 5V.

bobkn, Dec 9, 2016
  13. how many mAh s does it tak to power my Surface3

*Thumbs

alphanumeric, Dec 9, 2016
  14. Berton Win User
    My tablets and phone use 5V DC 2.0A input from the AC adapter [except one that needs 2.5A to charge] so a portable power pack as mentioned would need that much output along with the MicroUSB plug to fit. Look at the AC adapter, should have that DC figure printed on it, probably required by law.

Berton, Dec 10, 2016
  15. My Raspberry Pi's all use a micro USB for power like smart phones. The Intent was so you could use your phones power pack as a power supply. Most of mine are 2 or 2.5 Amps. I should have taken the time to look it up but I was thinking something like a Surface tablet would likely have a barrel jack for power. My bad. I looked at a couple of USB Battery Packs and the stated output is 1A, that may not be enough? It would be iffy on just my Pi 3B. I did see one with a 2A output though. Just be careful which one you buy, if you go that route. The higher the mAh rating the longer it will last run time wise.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how many mAh s does it tak to power my Surface3 - Similar Threads - many mAh does

2. How to taks a Screen shot of Your computer screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to taks a Screen shot of Your computer screen: I found multiple ways to take a screenshot of a computer screen, i prefere that with spinning tools.for more details on how to to take a screenshot follow the tips descripbed here : 3 ways to take a screenshot of your computer screen.there is 3 methods, have you others ways...
  3. Surface3 unusable following an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface3 unusable following an update: Filling a windows 10 update, my Surface 3 Pro will no longer accept my password and it will not factory reset. Tried all options without success Any ideas would be very welcome...
  4. Surface3 unusable following an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface3 unusable following an update: Filling a windows 10 update, my Surface 3 Pro will no longer accept my password and it will not factory reset. Tried all options without success Any ideas would be very welcome...
  5. Surface3 unusable following an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. problems with Microsoft mah-jong game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with Microsoft mah-jong game: I really think it's about time Microsoft fixed what ever is wrong with their Mah-jong game. It's been nearly a year since this terrific game has had some serious issues. So Microsoft people get your act together, or take down the game, people are fed up with it...
  7. How many options does CPU power options have?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How many options does CPU power options have?: You know like the the Maximum Processor State. Etc How many total are there? 143338
  8. How many options does CPU power options have?

in Windows 10 Support
    How many options does CPU power options have?: You know like the the Maximum Processor State. Etc How many total are there? 143338
  9. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Box - Not in Taks Bar: Followed the two recommended solutions. No avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-not-in-taks-bar/6c86083d-4c87-443c-8cb5-f5495a62c8a4
  10. DrUpdate.dll How many does it take

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DrUpdate.dll How many does it take: I've got six of these in the Windows folder, and one in Windows.old. It's the only file in Windows.old. All have different sizes, sigs, dates, etc. Can't delete it (Trusted Installer). When I did, system would not boot. Clue? My worry is that they are all different, maybe...