Windows 10: How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible

Discus and support How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; “Ask yourself how you really want to interact with virtual objects? The simple answer is that we want to handle them as if they are real, just reach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible

Source: Touching the Virtual: How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible - Microsoft Research

:)

Brink, Mar 8, 2018

2. How to use "Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi" function?

Hello,

I could see the "Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi" feature from the following link and installed it but I do not know what to do next

as there's no any explanation about that.

Download Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi from Official Microsoft Download Center

Is there any one know how to use that?

Thanks and regards,

Hoon

AccountAdminRT, Mar 8, 2018
  3. How to use "Microsoft Research Virtual WiFi" function?

Hi Hoon,

VirtualWiFi (previously known as MultiNet) is a virtualization architecture for wireless LAN (WLAN) cards. It allows a user to simultaneously connect your machine to multiple wireless networks using just one WLAN card.

For more information about VirtualWiFi and the experiencing using it, you can check this
    link.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 8, 2018
  4. How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible

Interesting!

We will have true virtual environments (that feel real) once we figure out how to send impulses to our brain that tricks it to think we are moving or touching something while in reality we are completely still. We are far from that still. *Smile

slicendice, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible

1. How Microsoft Research is Making Virtual Reality Tangible - Similar Threads - Microsoft Research Making

2. Virtual Reality Upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Reality Upgrade: Good morning. I installed the Virtual Reality update for MS2020 yesterday and would like to report the following observations while using an Oculus Rift headset. 1. There is a headset shaped black coloured frame in view in the headset and on the monitor. This is by far my...
  3. Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!: I'm a senior citizen. I've worked with Microsoft through the days of 286, 386, 486 that used boxes of disks that took forever and a day to manually load the programs onto the PC. I've loaded MS-DOS successfully. I've learned how to manually construct pages using HTML 4....
  4. virtual reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual reality: Can I use my PS4 vr headset on my hp pavillion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-reality/b2d206b5-61a6-4584-b295-4928bf584bbd
  5. Microsoft Research Collage maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Research Collage maker: I purchased microsoft research collage maker years ago. I had to reboot my computer and when I did it erased all the apps. How do I get the real app back if I do not have the download information....
  6. Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?: For a good, no BS VR, it can be quite expensive. The one I have in mind is ……..Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset – 64GB And that is the cheapest one, around $300 CDN. MY question is : Is it worth it ? Yes, I have "playing games" in mind. I bet the pure gamers...
  7. Microsoft Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...
  8. The Internet of Things: How to make it a reality

in Windows 10 News
    The Internet of Things: How to make it a reality: The Internet of Things (IoT) may be one of the most hyped technology trends around right now but to make it a reality organisations need to establish best practice in a long-term strategy. How will the IoT affect businesses and how can CIOs help their organisations make...
  9. Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?

in Windows 10 News
    Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?: The SteamVR Performance Test measures your system's rendering power using a 2-minute sequence from Valves Aperture Robot Repair VR demo. After collecting the data it determines whether your system is capable of running VR content at 90fps and whether VR content can tune the...
  10. Microsoft HoloLens in space: Making science fiction (mixed) reality

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft HoloLens in space: Making science fiction (mixed) reality: In December, a shuttle resupply mission successfully reached the International Space Station. Among the cargo were two Microsoft HoloLens devices for use as a part of NASA’s Sidekick project. The goal of Sidekick is to enable station crews with assistance when and where they...