Windows 10: How Much Windows 10 Will Cost?

Discus and support How Much Windows 10 Will Cost? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yes this is the others title that I took to remove my ambiguous, Hope I want to know abjectly how much price do I need for windows 10? 3471 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bijutoha, Jan 7, 2015.

1. bijutoha Win User

How Much Windows 10 Will Cost?

Yes this is the others title that I took to remove my ambiguous, Hope I want to know abjectly how much price do I need for windows 10?

:)

bijutoha, Jan 7, 2015

2. How much ram will windows 10 use?

How will I know if my computer can run Windows 10?

Windows 10 system requirements are similar to Windows Vista and Windows 7 with some caveats:

1 GHz or faster processor

1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Your processor (CPU) must support the following extensions: SSE2, NX, PAE

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2015
  3. How much will Windows 10 really cost? After one year we should pay anything?

Windows 10 will be free for the first year to all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users. This means, as long you upgrade within the first 12 months (July 29th 2015 to July 29th 2016), you will not have to pay for Windows 10 at all.

How Much Windows 10 Will Cost? [​IMG]

Wow, thats cool, but does that mean, I will have to pay for Windows 10 after the first year?

No. Its a promotion to get as many users to upgrade their existing Windows 7 PCs and Windows 8.1 devices to Windows 10.
    Once you upgrade within the first year for free, its yours forever at no additional cost. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    at no additional charge.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

I heard Microsoft representatives mention they are moving to a servicing model for Windows 10, does that mean Windows 10 is going to require a subscription?

No, Windows 10 remains a perpetual license, which means, you can upgrade to Windows 10 and use it forever without it expiring or going into any reduced functional mode.

Are you saying there will be no more versions of Windows after Windows 10?

Microsoft is moving Windows to a servicing model with Windows 10. The days of major revisions or what are called big bang releases are no more. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    – at no additional charge. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time. We’ll deliver new features when they’re ready, not waiting for the next major release. We think of Windows as a Service
    – in fact, one could reasonably think of Windows in the next couple of years as one of the largest Internet services on the planet.

And just like any Internet service, the idea of asking "What version are you on?" will cease to make sense
    – which is great news for our Windows developers.

Source: The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Why is Windows 10 free, is there some catch?

No, its not a catch. We are computing in different times. Windows 10 is free so app developers can standardize on one platform and reduce the fragmented market of different versions and editions of Windows that have been an issue in the past. When everybody
    is on the same platform, it means better quality apps, a healthier ecosystem and more advances in hardware and software innovation.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

Ten Preview is free from here Download Windows Technical Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows. This preview will expire in April.

There is no price announced for Windows Ten as it will not be released until late in the year and at the moment no-one knows how much it will cost or when you can get it. If you want a guess $0, $15 and $40 seem quite popular but they are only guesses.

adamf, Jan 7, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jan 7, 2015
  6. We can just guess.... Can't help. Just wait for some months *Smile

Guess ? ≤ 0$

Fahadking07, Jan 8, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    We will be paid to take it then?

adamf, Jan 8, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

We will be paid to take it then? *Roflmao2

BunnyJ, Jan 8, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    We will be paid to take it then? *Roflmao2

Now that would be a 1st for Microsoft.

groze, Jan 9, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    We should be, at least those of us who tested the living daylights out it and sent in hundreds of lucid feedback suggestions! *Wink

Edwin, Jan 9, 2015
  11. Chuck38 Win User
    *Ditto *Wink

To answer the original question. From what I've heard, Windows 10 will most likely be a free upgrade for Windows 8 users, but it may cost Windows 7 users a little money. *Smile

-Chuck

Chuck38, Jan 9, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    I read something earlier today that said it would be smarter for Microsoft to give it to win7 users free or really cheap ,thought was to increase the numbers of win10 users greatly .

caperjack, Jan 10, 2015
  13. Chuck38 Win User

That's a really good idea! After Windows 8, they really need to do something serious to get Win7 users to buy there product.

Personally.. I like Windows 8! I think it was a good move, however there were still many people who were stuck in Windows XP and wanted to upgrade to something that would be somewhat similar. Which Windows 8 was not.

However, if you want a nice, clean, stable OS, then Windows 8 is a really good option! It really isn't that difficult to learn how to use the Start Screen.

I guess we'll just see how Windows 10 plays out. *Wink

Chuck38, Jan 10, 2015
  14. caperjack Win User
    personally at first I did not like win8 ,but with the update to 8.1 with a few more choices ,as to how to use start and the desktop ,and more ways to tarn the darn thing off ,lol. I really like it now after over 2 years use. will I buy win10 I don't know ,haven't bought a os since win95 it was on a new computer ,last new computer until I bought the one I use now last year

caperjack, Jan 10, 2015
  15. Chuck38 Win User
    Well if it turns out to be a free upgrade for Win8 users, then I suppose you won't have to worry about buying anything. *Wink

Chuck38, Jan 10, 2015
Thema:

1. How Much Windows 10 Will Cost? - Similar Threads - Much Cost

2. Where can i buy a windows 10 license and how much does it usually cost?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can i buy a windows 10 license and how much does it usually cost?: I am from the Philippines and bought my PC at a retail store. when I visited it to ask about the activation they said the clerk said they have no idea how to deal with it. So I don't really know where to buy this license...
  3. Where can i buy a windows 10 license and how much does it usually cost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can i buy a windows 10 license and how much does it usually cost?: I am from the Philippines and bought my PC at a retail store. when I visited it to ask about the activation they said the clerk said they have no idea how to deal with it. So I don't really know where to buy this license...
  4. Where can i buy a windows 10 license and how much does it usually cost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to know how much it will cost to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know how much it will cost to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Need cost information to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, would like to purchase and install on laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-how-much-it-will-cost-to-upgrade/a630763e-097d-4b81-8241-22b269f12a87
  6. I want to know how much it will cost to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

I want to know how much it will cost to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Need cost information to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, would like to purchase and install on laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-how-much-it-will-cost-to-upgrade/a630763e-097d-4b81-8241-22b269f12a87
  7. How much does Windows 11 cost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much does Windows 11 cost?: How much does Windows 11 cost, and will I know if it is compatible with my computer before I pay for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-windows-11-cost/88470a4c-57a4-42da-989f-506cf6776fe3
  8. How much does Windows 11 cost?

How much does Windows 11 cost?: How much does Windows 11 cost, and will I know if it is compatible with my computer before I pay for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-windows-11-cost/88470a4c-57a4-42da-989f-506cf6776fe3
  9. How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?: How much to install Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-microsoft-10-cost-to-install-if-you/1c7b116e-8592-457d-b550-b35caf705c1b
  10. How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?: How much to install Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-microsoft-10-cost-to-install-if-you/1c7b116e-8592-457d-b550-b35caf705c1b