Windows 10: how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?

Discus and support how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How often, and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard and other hardware components? 100575 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsw88, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?

How often, and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard and other hardware components?

:)

Tsw88, Dec 17, 2017
  2. How How Win User

I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Dec 17, 2017
  3. Dust on the screen

Brand new phone 1 week old and somehow dust has gotten behind the plastic and onto the screen. How do i clean it and how to i stop dust from getting behind the screen. The phone spends the day in my pocket and atm if its light out all i can see is dust
    on the screen.

heello---01, Dec 17, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 17, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Dec 17, 2017
  6. Layback Bear, Dec 17, 2017
  7. If that's a blower ... don't! You'll just make a mess. The linked article suggests using a small brush to remove dust where the blower cannot reach. But I say use the brush everywhere.

Use an ordinary household vacuum cleaner (one with a hose) to suck up what the brush pushes aside.

As for frequency ... the article suggest once a year if you don't have pets. I would add a note about often the computer is running. Mine is on 24x7. I find that once-a-year dusting is more than enough. I once went two years ... and found a heavy "pad" of dust on the CPU heat sink.

So I guess two years is too long for a 24x7 computer. But two years might be fine for a more common 8x7 usage pattern.

margrave55, Dec 17, 2017
  8. how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?

Well I don't think any one suggest using a air blower 'only'

I bought static resistance brushes just to use on my computers.
    A small vacuum also is helpful.

To answer your question 'how often'.

Check a new computer every month. It will give you a idea of how much junk your system picks up.
    Then you can adjust your time sequence accordingly.

It's also very helpful to make sure ALL intake fans have filters and that your computer case has positive pressure.
    Doing these two things will help keeping the system cleaner.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 17, 2017
  9. I also have a habit of removing the computers front panel. In my experience it was worth it.
    If I see a lot of dust that needs to be removed from the exhaust fan, I'll remove the exhaust fan and clean out the additional trapped dust.
    Then there's the CPU heat sink: make very sure the dust is removed within those fins.

MeAndMyComputer, Dec 18, 2017
  10. Nemix Win User
    Can blower once every six months.

Keeping the house clean, vacuuming the PC's vents and having proper intake fan filters is far more important for maintaining a clean PC.

Nemix, Dec 22, 2017
  11. adiy Win User
    how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard? [​IMG]
    wash it... and dry it

12. After that wash ... do you apply a conditioner? Or a mousse? *Smile

margrave55, Jan 6, 2018
  13. how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?

Agreed, oh yeah

python134r, Jan 7, 2018
  14. Polo6RGTI Win User
    [youtube]5neUV_NkkYU[/youtube]

Polo6RGTI, Jan 7, 2018
  15. Bat 1 Win User
    [youtube]Iupm6KkA4WQ[/youtube]

This is how I clean mine *Think Just remember to tape the fans to keep from over-revving *Wink

Bat 1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard? - Similar Threads - often clean dust

2. How to fix it flashes often

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix it flashes often: it flashes often pls help me i can't fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-flashes-often/ad35fe52-fb38-4901-9086-7d875897fb33
  3. How to fix it flashes often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix it flashes often: it flashes often pls help me i can't fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-flashes-often/ad35fe52-fb38-4901-9086-7d875897fb33
  4. Cleaning Dust of GPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning Dust of GPU: Hey all! So it's been a while since I last cleaned my GPU. I usually very careful use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out of the fan. I know this isn't the safest option but nothing has happened yet! This time I want to do it with a air compressor to try and clean out all...
  5. How to Clean Out Windows without Resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Clean Out Windows without Resetting: I just transferred my hard drive to my new gaming pc, however. My installation of Windows seems slightly cluttered. I was wondering is there a way for me to clean out Windows 10 of clutter without having to do a "Keep My Files" reset. Any help would be greatly...
  6. How often do you ****?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How often do you ****?: Just curious does every ****ow oftem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-often-do-you/7341a8da-9d89-4a3d-b5ae-ddc1760decc5
  7. Dust Clean out on HP Omen Gaming Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dust Clean out on HP Omen Gaming Laptop: Managed to get the Dust cleaned out of the fans just barely eariler, except couldn't get the cover fully off, as one darn screw refused to come out, Not sure if i had the right size screwdriver or not. For birthday coming on 21st will try to get a Toolkit if i can afford one,...
  8. How to clean out this advertisement virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to clean out this advertisement virus?: Just yesterday my windows 10 was infected with this advertisement virus. Please see attached screen. How to clean it out? It's very disturbing. The Chinese text is about sex dating.... [ATTACH] jenga with dice 131639
  9. Sizzling noise when cleaning PC dust with canned air

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sizzling noise when cleaning PC dust with canned air: I don't know if this post is appropriate for this forum section but hopefully it is. Today I cleaned my PC with canned air. Hadn't cleaned it for over a year. I opened it up, took outside and put it on a table. It wasn't too cold outside but not warm either. Then I started...
  10. How does the dust option work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How does the dust option work ?: Curious to know how the dust option works and how often to do it ? Thanks *Smile 44133