Windows 10: How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup?

Discus and support How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All: Great community of Windows users here. Hoping to tap it for help on a new 8" Windows 10 tablet I've sent to my Dad - who isn't very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stocktiki, Jun 2, 2016.

1. stocktiki Win User

How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup?

Hi All:

Great community of Windows users here. Hoping to tap it for help on a new 8" Windows 10 tablet I've sent to my Dad - who isn't very computer literate.

My fear is that when he fires up the new tablet - the OneDrive will establish a sync with his OneDrive. This could be a huge problem because he has 1TB of photos on his OneDrive - and the device only has 32 GB of storage. At best my fear would be the tablet would perform poorly as it tries to download 1TB of photos. Perhaps worst yet, he might delete the OneDrive folder on the tablet and wipe out his cloud photo storage.

Is there a way to make sure that he doesn't turn on the OneDrive syncing after he opens the tablet. Are there any built-in safeguards in Windows 10 to prevent such bad things from happening?

Thanks!

:)

stocktiki, Jun 2, 2016
  2. wright jr Win User

Photos App

how do I delete my account from this app or prevent it from accessing my OneDrive files ?

wright jr, Jun 2, 2016
  3. How do I prevent "McAfee" opening a window on the screen of my device when I turn it on?

Hi RayDella,

As per your query, since this is a third-party antivirus, we are not familiar with its settings. I would like to clarify if you would want to prevent the McAfee antivirus from appearing to your desktop or you would want to completely uninstall it.

If you want to uninstall it, then you can do it in Control Panel. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Program.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, right-click McAfee and then click
      Uninstall.

The steps to turn off antivirus or malware-prevention software depend on the software you’re using. Some antivirus has settings that need to be toggled to turn it off. You can ask assistance from McAfee support for advanced assistance regarding your query.

Let us know if you have more questions and we'll answer it for you.

Monica Cam, Jun 2, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

On first login, there is usually a notification that asks what you want to sync with OneDrive. Click on that notification, then uncheck every checkbox on the next screen that asks you what you want to sync.

How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

1. How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup? - Similar Threads - prevent OneDrive problem

2. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder: I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even deleted the OneDrive folder. But with Windows update and even when I run SFC /SCANNOW, the OneDrive folder magically...
  3. How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from synchronizing personal OneDrive accounts, this article will […] This article How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location on Windows […] This article How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to prevent ransomware attacks, controlled folder security setup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent ransomware attacks, controlled folder security setup?: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rolled-folders Windows version 2H02 I was curious about how hard it is to do this, and is their a guide? 167478
  6. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive: I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing, so I want it to STOP syncing from my PC to the server. All of the guides I found were only how to stop syncing from OneDrive...
  7. OneDrive setup for backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive setup for backups: On Win10, I just configured OneDrive for the first time. It was set up to backup my Desktop, Document and Pictures and to sync them all. What I understood from the instructions is that this means the files will remain on the local PC and be backed up in the cloud. What...
  8. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forcing setup of OneDrive?: I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon. This led to web searches. This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED. Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that. My...
  9. Strange But Serious Dilemma: How To Prevent This Problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange But Serious Dilemma: How To Prevent This Problem?: Hi all, I know this is a strange question, but I'm really desperate and genuine in my quest for help as this has been a problem I've been dealing with for over 6 months now! This is my problem: I've started taking a new medicine and it gives me so much fatigue to the point...
  10. setup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setup problem: setup application doesn't run or work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-problem/56aae706-8c78-41ed-b43e-dfb9e47a4532