Windows 10: How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

Discus and support How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, If open the start menu and search for 'camera' , a 'photos' section appears in the start menu with, what seems to be, a random smattering of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by foghat, Oct 3, 2016.

1. foghat Win User

How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

Hi,

If open the start menu and search for 'camera' , a 'photos' section appears in the start menu with, what seems to be, a random smattering of photo thumbnails. I do not want these to display.

Is there a way to prevent this? Or at least to point it so it only pulls photos from a certain folder instead of, seemingly, any folder that contains photos?

:)

foghat, Oct 3, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Life at a Glance

Hi WhoisWe, if you mean, how to add and remove tiles to/from the Start Menu

Right click any program or file and choose 'Pin To Start'

To remove any tile from the Start Menu, right click the tile and choose 'Remove from Start

For apps like Photos, in the search beside the Start Menu, type Photos, right click the result and choose 'Pin to Start'

You can then drag the tiles around the start menu, to order them in any specific order

If this is not what you were inquiring about, please provide a bit more detail . . .

DaveM121, Oct 3, 2016
  3. steviegt Win User
    How do you remove tile section of start menu?

Yes I am able to unpin everything and Yes I am referring to the blank space in the image.

steviegt, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

1. How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'? - Similar Threads - remove photos section

2. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  3. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  4. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  6. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Cortana
  7. Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu: This is a new computer with zero photos in the album(s). I took a photo to use for trying on virtual eyeglasses at my computer, deleted the photo, and now the thumbnail still exists within the Windows Start Menu. How can I remove it? Thanks! I ended up downloading a random...
  8. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?: I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg7n11/how_to_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the_search/
  9. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hello, I would like to remove web search results from Start Menu search as it clutters results window and it takes significant amount of time to read through menu to see whether it is displaying what I need. In some other cases I press ENTER without checking and it forcibly...
  10. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...