Windows 10: How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

Discus and support How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, If open the start menu and search for 'camera' , a 'photos' section appears in the start menu with, what seems to be, a random smattering of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by foghat, Oct 3, 2016.

1. foghat Win User

How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

Hi,

If open the start menu and search for 'camera' , a 'photos' section appears in the start menu with, what seems to be, a random smattering of photo thumbnails. I do not want these to display.

Is there a way to prevent this? Or at least to point it so it only pulls photos from a certain folder instead of, seemingly, any folder that contains photos?

:)

foghat, Oct 3, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Life at a Glance

Hi WhoisWe, if you mean, how to add and remove tiles to/from the Start Menu

Right click any program or file and choose 'Pin To Start'

To remove any tile from the Start Menu, right click the tile and choose 'Remove from Start

For apps like Photos, in the search beside the Start Menu, type Photos, right click the result and choose 'Pin to Start'

You can then drag the tiles around the start menu, to order them in any specific order

If this is not what you were inquiring about, please provide a bit more detail . . .

DaveM121, Oct 3, 2016
  3. steviegt Win User
    How do you remove tile section of start menu?

Yes I am able to unpin everything and Yes I am referring to the blank space in the image.

steviegt, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

1. How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'? - Similar Threads - remove photos section

2. How do I prevent Cortana/Search from searching the web (when typing in the Start Menu)...

in Cortana
    How do I prevent Cortana/Search from searching the web (when typing in the Start Menu)...: In a previously locked thread ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/how-do-i-prevent-cortanasearch-from-searching-the/557539cc-5164-4df4-b839-494e623a6067 ), Brian023 asked: " I see from a web search (using my prefered browser and not...
  3. How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?: Hello guys, I must create a Windows client image, where PowerShell and other programs are inaccessible for normal Users. How can i remove the PowerShell entry in the Start Menu search? Thanks for your help! [ATTACH]...
  4. Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list: I want to remove all of the default apps from the Windows 10 Start Menu so Ican fill it up exclusively with programs of my own choosing. I've come so far as having only two icons/shortcuts left on the start menu, but I cannot figure out how to remove those last two. This is...
  5. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.: I got the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and everything seemed to work really well until I tried using the Search Bar. The problem is that although search results are returned (The indexing seems to be correct) the images displayed under the Photos section are mostly...
  6. Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu: Hello. when i search from the start menu, all i want to find is applications (desktop apps, metro apps, shortcus to apps in the all-applications menu) and settings, not files and folders. (i already disabled the web search there). i still want to be able to search files...
  7. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...
  8. How to remove the "peek" section!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove the "peek" section!: Hey everyone! So I upgraded to windows 10, just getting it set up how I like. I can't find a way to get rid of this line, at the right edge of the taskbar. It is a way to show the desktop by clicking on it. But I don't want it. Already disable peek. But the line still...
  9. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970
  10. Can't search from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search from Start menu: Hello! I recently had to reinstall (complete/clean install) W-10, and ever since then I cannot search from Start. I open the Start menu as normal, either by clicking the icon or by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard, but when I press any key as I normally would to...