Windows 10: how safe is homegroup

Discus and support how safe is homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mab5555, Feb 26, 2017.

1. mab5555 Win User

how safe is homegroup

I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one password and no encryption. there are some youtube videos showing how to hack homegroup in Kali Linux.

How safe is homegroup in your opinion? what can be done to make it more safe on my part? thanks

:)

mab5555, Feb 26, 2017
  2. mab5555 Win User

is homegroup safe?

I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one password and no encryption. there are some youtube videos showing how to hack homegroup in Kali Linux.

How safe is homegroup in your opinion? what can be done to make it more safe on my part? thanks

mab5555, Feb 26, 2017
  3. is homegroup safe?

Hi,

You can help protect your homegroup with a password, which you can change at any time. Other people can't change the files that you share unless you give them permission to do so.

For more details, please check and review our article about this topic in this

link

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 26, 2017
  4. how safe is homegroup

It's much safer because it would require a password for someone who wants to connect in a homegroup. The user who created a homegroup can also kick a homegroup member.

RoasterMen, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    With home group you can still connect via workgroup it does add ipv6 which isn't used for anything else at this time

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how safe is homegroup

1. how safe is homegroup - Similar Threads - safe homegroup

2. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  3. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  4. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  5. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  6. Safe mode password

7. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  8. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  9. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...
  10. System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System disk appeared in Safely Remove Hardware: Dear Sir, lately i noticed that my system disk appeared in safely remove hardware and eject media.Laptop is Asus Vivobook ,OS Windows 11.Can you help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance. Lado Grzan Croatia...