Windows 10: how safe is homegroup

Discus and support how safe is homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mab5555, Feb 26, 2017.

1. mab5555 Win User

how safe is homegroup

I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one password and no encryption. there are some youtube videos showing how to hack homegroup in Kali Linux.

How safe is homegroup in your opinion? what can be done to make it more safe on my part? thanks

:)

mab5555, Feb 26, 2017
  2. mab5555 Win User

is homegroup safe?

I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one password and no encryption. there are some youtube videos showing how to hack homegroup in Kali Linux.

How safe is homegroup in your opinion? what can be done to make it more safe on my part? thanks

mab5555, Feb 26, 2017
  3. is homegroup safe?

Hi,

You can help protect your homegroup with a password, which you can change at any time. Other people can't change the files that you share unless you give them permission to do so.

For more details, please check and review our article about this topic in this

link

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 26, 2017
  4. how safe is homegroup

It's much safer because it would require a password for someone who wants to connect in a homegroup. The user who created a homegroup can also kick a homegroup member.

RoasterMen, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    With home group you can still connect via workgroup it does add ipv6 which isn't used for anything else at this time

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how safe is homegroup

1. how safe is homegroup - Similar Threads - safe homegroup

2. how to restart Laptop in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to restart Laptop in Safe Mode: I need to restart into Safe Mode, how do I do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-laptop-in-safe-mode/192ea038-2e2f-4d6f-b2f3-371e7879d810"
  3. safe boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    safe boot: this may be elementary but how do I boot to the safe mode? windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-boot/4ea8ce32-29b1-4abf-b4bc-c327fc161c63
  4. Malware safe to quarantine/disable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Malware safe to quarantine/disable?: Hi, Recently my laptop will have some pop up from s1.snc.com.ru from time to time and I went to google it and download Malwarebytes Adwcleaner 7.4.1 and run a scan and discovered that there are PUPs and Adware. I need some assistance to advice is it alright to quarantine...
  5. Cannot exit safe mode. Password is no longer recognized

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot exit safe mode. Password is no longer recognized: I’m stuck in Safe Mode. I have tried several online suggestions but all sooner or later require my pssword which is now not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-exit-safe-mode-password-is-no-longer/0d13bdf9-8db7-49b9-b3e1-330719c66b45"
  6. Windows 10 Update failed - now trapped in 'startup repair' loop and no access to 'safe mode'...

Windows 10 Update failed - now trapped in 'startup repair' loop and no access to 'safe mode'...: A neighbor's PC was recently upgraded to what I presume to be the version 1903 update, but upon rebooting, it began the 'startup repair' loop I've seen described here as well as in other sources. Unfortunately, whatever corrupted the boot process has also made it impossible...
  7. is it safe to run win 10 with encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it safe to run win 10 with encryption disabled: I purchased a WD 2 TB HD A moderator on this MS sight suggested I use a third-party utility to perform the backup (AOMEI) IT WAS DOING THE BACKUP BUT IT WAS BACKING UP THE ENTIRE DRIVE NOT JUST THE partitions in use. and when I did the follow-up incremental backups after a...
  8. It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:...: Good day everyone, I have this file in folder C: Program data, Microsoft, Windows Defender: IMpService77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24.lock Its size is 0 kB. Is this file safe? I know that this topic has already been solved on the Internet. But I never found anything...
  9. Any Safe way to upgrade to 1903 ?

Any Safe way to upgrade to 1903 ?: To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: Lic #**** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 windows FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of Windows 10, I was running. This also caused me to...
  10. Stuck in windows 10 safe mode loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck in windows 10 safe mode loop: I enabled Windows 10 to boot in Safe Mode by opening msconfig. when my computer booted it ask me for a password. And my sister didn't remember the password. The safe mode is on loop. Is there a way to disabled safe mode? (Sorry for my poor english)...