Windows 10: How secure is the login screen?

Discus and support How secure is the login screen? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I run bitlocker on my system, so everytime I boot the system up, It requires bitlocker. However I often leave my computer with only the Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Soldier, May 8, 2016.

1. Soldier Win User

How secure is the login screen?

Hi. I run bitlocker on my system, so everytime I boot the system up, It requires bitlocker. However I often leave my computer with only the Windows login screen showing, which requires a password. If my laptop was seized by authorities for example, while the system was still on the login screen, what would they be able to do? The "Forgotten password" option on the login screen, could this be hacked? Or is there a way to access my data without even logging in? I know the safest way would be to shut down the computer everytime, so that the bitlocker passworded is needed, but its quite inconvenient.

:)

Soldier, May 8, 2016

2. How to disable the prompt in secure login

Have you tried to check the other user account and see if prompt in secure login is there?

We are looking forward to your response.

Raymond Ave, May 8, 2016
  3. How to disable the prompt in secure login

If you need anymore info, just simply reply me.

Thanks

Best

Michael

Michael·S, May 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I don't think it would matter much:
    FBI hacks into terrorist’s iPhone without Apple

NavyLCDR, May 8, 2016
  5. the FBI spent over 2 million dollars to crack the iPhone and fortunately got absolutely nothing from it since it automatically erased its contense after entering the wrong passcode numerous times. this government and law enforcement have absolutely no right to access personal files on a computer or phone. glad apple put up the fight and all the more reason I will never own any other phone but apple

Computer tech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How secure is the login screen? - Similar Threads - secure login screen

2. login security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login security: I just bought a new desktop, I used it for a few days. This morning after a windows update, it keeps letting me my PIN and password is incorrect. There isn't a change login option, button. it keeps telling me my "challenge phrase is incorrect". how do I get past this and able...
  3. login security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login security: I just bought a new desktop, I used it for a few days. This morning after a windows update, it keeps letting me my PIN and password is incorrect. There isn't a change login option, button. it keeps telling me my "challenge phrase is incorrect". how do I get past this and able...
  4. login security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security and Login

Security and Login: Every so often I get a security alert in Settings about my MicrosoftAccount. When I follow this link I get a demand for a telephone number so they can send me a code over my telephone [it never appears]. So I indicate I haven't any of this and get prompted to a "lost...
  6. Security Feature for Secure Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security Feature for Secure Login: I am looking for a way to log in to a secure account (that has limited access for files and folders on HDD) when a specific password has been entered for the same account. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to do this? submitted by /u/Ehsaaan [link] [comments]...
  7. How to rename login screen login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to rename login screen login prompt: I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting corrected after I run ggpupdate /force. The prompts should say: Other User Password Local or Domain Account Smart Card...
  8. Login Security

Login Security: How can I access who has previously logged into my computer with dates and times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-security/28489b47-9ea0-4c02-868f-a76f461c53fb"
  9. How to Bootup to Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Bootup to Login Screen: Hello, Re: Dell Inspiron 3670, Intel Core, i5. Windows Home 10, 1803 First, my computer takes almost 2 minutes to bootup. During the bootup process first it goes to the Dell logo screen then to the login screen. Is there anything I can do to make my computer bootup to...
  10. login security

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    login security: I just finished a system restore on my Lenovo G850 idea pad running windows 10. I have two security issues. 1. on startup Windows no longer asks for a password but opens immediately. That, of course, is dangerous. How to I force Windows to ask for a password? 2. I...