Windows 10: How should i fix the english language in my window 10 ?

Discus and support How should i fix the english language in my window 10 ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The problem is when i'm in english language and for example i want to make the strudel email icon i click Shift + 2 but it's giving this " And if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chocolade, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Chocolade Win User

How should i fix the english language in my window 10 ?

The problem is when i'm in english language and for example i want to make the strudel email icon i click Shift + 2 but it's giving this "
    And if i click on key of " it will give me the strudel @

It's like the keys are not the same as the icons on them. Key number 2 give me " and key " give me @
    Only if i switch to hebrew language then the keys are fine but why not in english ? When install the window 10 home i selected uk keyboard.

:)

Chocolade, Oct 4, 2017
  2. EdilsonC Win User

change the language in windows 10 home single language or change the windows to windows 10 home

Hello.

I have the same issue as "renzocarioca", my computer shows me "Windows 10 Home Edition Single Language", and I want it changed to be English (currently running on Portuguese).

In the language settings there is an option to download new language packages, but when I try doing so it states my version is single language and won't let me download a new one, the option to downloading it is dimmed out.

Suppose I want it to be English only, how should I proceed with the change then? As it won't allow me to download the English pack, should I firstly remove Portuguese and afterwards it would allow me to download the English pack? How would my Windows 10
    behave if I remove it's installed language package?

Thank you.

Edilson

EdilsonC, Oct 4, 2017
  3. merkur0 Win User
    In my settings it says English is my display language, yet my Windows is in Czech

Hi,

I am no longer able to use English as my Windows display language. When I go to language settings, under "Preferred languages" I have English and Czech. Underneath "English" it says "Windows display language" and underneath "Czech" it says "Installed language
    pack". Yet my Windows is in English. My region is set to Czech Republic and I have English and Czech keyboards installed, however, I was able to use English as my display language before. I see no option to remove Czech from my languages in the language tab.
    I tried setting my display language to Czech and then back to English but it didn't fix the issue. I was to be able to switch between Czech and English keyboards and have my region set to Czech Republic but have my Windows in English.

How do I achieve that? Or was that "feature" removed from Windows?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, more specifically version 1709 build 17093.1000 and it isn't "Single language" version.

merkur0, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Chocolade Win User

Solution removed the uk keys and added us keys.

Chocolade, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

1. How should i fix the english language in my window 10 ? - Similar Threads - should fix english

2. How to change Windows language back to English

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Windows language back to English: [IMG]If you have accidentally changed your Windows PC language to another language that you are not familiar with and want t change it back to English, then this post offers instructions on how to get it done. The language of display you choose in Windows 11 or Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English: I'm aware that many questions have been asked, but sadly, I can't find the answer... Due to Covid and travel restrictions, I've had to buy a laptop in Czech Rep. It came pre-installed with Win 10 Pro, and thus the ability to change display language or so I believe, according...
  4. How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English

How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English: Hi everyone, I have installed the WIN 10 pro chinese version, but I wanted to use the whole system by using the English language, kindly advise how to change the language setting, thank you for your attention....
  5. Windows 10 Language Change to English

Windows 10 Language Change to English: Hello! I bought my desktop here in China, a friend of mine already checked my pc. We already installed the language pack and still, Microsoft Edge, Control Panel, generally most of the Windows interface is still in Chinese. The log in screen and a few is changed to English....
  6. Some of my windows 10 is in arabic language, how do i change it to English?

Some of my windows 10 is in arabic language, how do i change it to English?: Some of my settings/apps windows 10 are in arabic, how do i change it fully to English? refer to the attached picture.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-windows-10-is-in-arabic-language-how-do/a41c832d-c448-4951-9711-186b73879958
  7. Windows 10 How to change Language to English completely

Windows 10 How to change Language to English completely: Hi, currently I am over seas in Taiwan to visit my family. While I'm here right now I purchased a new gaming laptop (Asus ROG Strix Scar II) however, the store setup my laptop before I got there and everything was set to Chinese. In the store he did help me set things to...
  8. change my language to english

change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  9. How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.: I am facing the language problem on my windows 10 .My relative send it to me from German . But I lived in Bangladesh. And I try but with saw many videos on youtube .But I can't solve this problem. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem ?and give me the Actual...
  10. How to change the language to English?

How to change the language to English?: Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system to English. When I open the laptop, it's Chinese, I ask the worker to help me to change to English, they went to setting to...