Windows 10: How Stop Folder Settings From Changing?

Discus and support How Stop Folder Settings From Changing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a registry fix to keep folder settings from changing? This is a really irritating problem. I tried everything, including suggestions. So I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Castleton, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Castleton Win User

How Stop Folder Settings From Changing?

Is there a registry fix to keep folder settings from changing? This is a really irritating problem. I tried everything, including suggestions. So I was wondering if someone came up with a reg fix.

Thanks in advance ~ Sean.

:)

Castleton, Nov 6, 2016
  2. RedGeyser Win User

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder?

I set a couple of folders to be at the top of file explorer's quick access so that, you know, I can access all my key folders quickly and easily.

How Stop Folder Settings From Changing? [​IMG]

However, I noted that whenever I click on any of those folders, the scrollbar will bring me to the original source point of where the folders are. For example, if I click on Downloads in Quick Access, the folder library opens and brings
    me to This PC > Downloads instead of staying at Quick Access.

How can I stay where I am?

RedGeyser, Nov 6, 2016
  3. RedGeyser Win User
    How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder?

That did not work but thanks for letting me know about the File Explorer options.

I fiddled around and found that the option to stay at Quick Access is under the View tab's Navigation pane option. Switching it from Expand to open folder to
    Show libraries worked.

Thanks for the help, Andre!

RedGeyser, Nov 6, 2016
  4. BIT
    Bit Win User

Hello Castleton,

Yes, this does seem to have gone haywire like many other thins in the ADVERSARY Update as I call it.There is a thread on the forums showing "registry settings" to do just that (i.e. for a particular view). Check it out:

' Solved Windows 10 Aniv (or older) Search Details view setting not persistent - Windows 10 Forums '

However, if you don't want to meddle with the Registry there is also another way:

1. Just go to any folder and change the view of all the sub-folders and files inside to how you want them to show - for example "Details View". Arrange also the order of the columns to your liking,
    2. Now, click on the icon "Options" (not the arrow under it) at the top on the right in the ribbon available under VIEW Menu
    3. Click the View tab,
    4. Choose the "Apply to Folders" and finally,
    5. OK the next option to all folders of this type.

Now, all the folders of this type will always open in that view. It will not disturb the order and views of folders higher in the hierarchy.

Perhaps that helps.. and warm regards (it's been snowing here!),

5. I too have been having my folders reset on me and it's annoying. i have to fix it daily. I believe it started after the anniversary update.

chickadee28, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Stop Folder Settings From Changing? - Similar Threads - Stop Folder Settings

2. How to stop folder icon from changing after adding files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop folder icon from changing after adding files?: Hey got a question is there a way to stop folder icon from changing after adding files to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-folder-icon-from-changing-after-adding/2226564d-a757-49d2-96ad-ce7b190b2066
  3. How to stop folder icon from changing after adding files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop folder icon from changing after adding files?: Hey got a question is there a way to stop folder icon from changing after adding files to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-folder-icon-from-changing-after-adding/2226564d-a757-49d2-96ad-ce7b190b2066
  4. How to change the pin not from settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the pin not from settings?: Hello,Recently my laptop died battery and will not turn on. I have no access to it. So I'm currently borrowing a laptop that someone has already logged into and made their window hello account and etc. I'm trying to log into excel and I cannot as it asks me to log in using...
  5. How to change the pin not from settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the pin not from settings?: Hello,Recently my laptop died battery and will not turn on. I have no access to it. So I'm currently borrowing a laptop that someone has already logged into and made their window hello account and etc. I'm trying to log into excel and I cannot as it asks me to log in using...
  6. Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows 10 From Changing Audio Settings: This problem is on Windows 10 and I have no idea why it is not resolved yet. I've seen other posts about it but no sure fix. Why is it every time I plug in a new device to my PC that has audio capabilities. Windows automatically thinks I want my sound setting changed and it...
  7. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  8. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  9. Stop windows from changing my display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stop windows from changing my display settings: I am using Portraits Inc HP My Display to set my brightness, contrast , and color ( warm or cool) as recommended by HP Support . The computer is HP Envy Recline 23-k011. However the settings do not always hold after a shutdown and reboot . It reverts back to 100% brightness...
  10. Folder Setting Changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Setting Changed: I've set my directories to be set to list. Recently I noticed that one of them with sensitive data has had the settings changed. No other directories have been changed. What would cause this? If you set all your objects in directories to appear as specific type and then...