Windows 10: How the hell do I boot into Safe Mode? Argh!

Discus and support How the hell do I boot into Safe Mode? Argh! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer is blue screening with either a DPC Watchdog or a Driver Power State error before I get to a desktop to do anything. This rules our msconfig,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelemvor, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Kelemvor Win User

How the hell do I boot into Safe Mode? Argh!

Computer is blue screening with either a DPC Watchdog or a Driver Power State error before I get to a desktop to do anything. This rules our msconfig, shift+restart, or anything else that has to be done from within Windows.

F8 doesn't seem to work anymore as that does nothing either.

I've rebooted about 10 times and am not getting the "Windows didn't start, do you want to do troubleshooting" menu at boot. How the hell do I get this stupid thing to boot into Safe Mode so I can start figuring out what the problem is?

:)

Kelemvor, Dec 9, 2016
  2. mannee68 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Speed Minimum Time Increased from 10 Seconds to One Minute

You shouldn't have go through a registry hack to find how to modify the slideshow feature. WHERE THE HELL IS IT?? windows....ARGH!

mannee68, Dec 9, 2016
  3. slickd0g Win User
    How do I boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10?

I have just started to do my updates after being away from home for 2 weeks. I have an MSI gaming rig with Nvidia 1080 graphics card. My computer now would boot up into windows, but only show me a cursor on a black screen. Nothing else. I suspect it's the
    graphics card, but I am unable to boot up into the safe mode. Previous windows versions allowed us to press F8 and choose safe mode, but from what I am reading now the only way to get into the safe mode on windows 10 is to actually do it within windows 10?
    Is this for real? What about people who aren't able to go into windows and that's why they need safe mode in the first place?

I have tried downloading USB bootable windows 10, but when I try to use bcdedit command it does not let me do it with an error "the boot configuration could data store could not be opened" and there are no safe mode restart options available when I boot
    from a USB. The USB becomes drive X and the existing windows is on drive C. From the USB command line I am able to see the C and all the windows files in it.

HOW DO I GET INTO SAFE MODE ????

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

slickd0g, Dec 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

1. How the hell do I boot into Safe Mode? Argh! - Similar Threads - hell boot Safe

2. How do I exit safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I exit safe mode: I was trying to get rid of a virus through a YouTube tutorial and part of it requried me to use safe modeOnce I went into safe mode I couldn't turn on my monitor even though my laptop was on it's connected to a monitor. So I was confused on why this was happening and then...
  3. Computer is locked in Safe Mode, and will not boot up. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is locked in Safe Mode, and will not boot up. How do I fix this?: This started initially when Windows alerted me that I was running out of space on my C: drive. It opened a window offering to find files for deletion and automatically selected several choices. I allowed it to do so without changing any of the choices and ran the program. I...
  4. Computer is locked in Safe Mode, and will not boot up. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is locked in Safe Mode, and will not boot up. How do I fix this?: This started initially when Windows alerted me that I was running out of space on my C: drive. It opened a window offering to find files for deletion and automatically selected several choices. I allowed it to do so without changing any of the choices and ran the program. I...
  5. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  6. How do I stop booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop booting in safe mode: Hi, First time posting here, hope I do it right. So I tried booting in safe mode, to make a fresh driver install for my probably faulty GPU, but when I try to login, password isn't recognized! I usually use a pin number that doesn't work either. Looks like the boot...
  7. How do I change Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change Safe Mode.: How do i change Safe Mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-safe-mode/e15d7111-87ae-4342-832e-9e4166ed8a12
  8. How do I get into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get into safe mode?: I already looked it up on the internet where it says that first I need to start up winRE by restarting my computer over and over ,but i still get blue screen. I also tried it to start windows with another gpu and even without an gpu but i wont get out of the loop. What should...
  9. Safe mode boot hell

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe mode boot hell: hi.. i followed one of the suggestions to enable boot mode. that was to use msconfig and set the boot mode option. i just had it on minimal boot settings, what my problem is that when the boot mode comes up, it prompts me for a password for the MS account. i Enter the...
  10. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...