Windows 10: How To Access Documents and Settings on a Different System Disk?

Discus and support How To Access Documents and Settings on a Different System Disk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a second system disk in my machine. Win10. I was running the machine off it until I managed to repair my original system disk via RegBack.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 22, 2017.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Access Documents and Settings on a Different System Disk?

I have a second system disk in my machine.

Win10. I was running the machine off it until I managed to repair my original system disk via RegBack.

Now it is still hooked up but no longer the boot disk. I plan to wipe it clean and use it for mirroring my sys disk image.

But there are a few files on it I'd like to keep so I went to copy them over only to be told 'access denied'.

I am logged in as admin - the same login i used on that system disk when it was boot disk.

What can I do about this?

I suppose I can set it as boot disk again and go there and copy from it to some other disk. But I'm just curious to know if there's another way short of that to deal with it.

Edit: No worries. All done. Advanced Permissions/ Allow Acess to Everyone.

Probably a moderator could delete this whole thing? Sorry.

:)

abrogard, Apr 22, 2017

2. How to set system TEMP and TMP to a different drive in Windows 10.

I cannot mark this helpful because it was not. From my posting you would have seen I want to move the SYSTEM temp folder, not the USER folder which is already moved. You would have also seen I can delete the files manually, or run CCleaner, so Disk Cleanup
    wouldn't make any difference since I can do all of that manually in a few seconds.

KensCamper, Apr 22, 2017
  3. How to set system TEMP and TMP to a different drive in Windows 10.

I noticed my user account is using my settings from Win 8.1 but the SYSTEM account is still using my C: drive. I'd like to change that, I don't reboot often and the SSD C: drive isn't very large. I'm rapidly running out of room because of the temp directory
    being there. I can go in and manually delete the files or run CCleaner but I'd rather just set it to one of the HD partitions.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

KensCamper, Apr 22, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You need to mark it solved.

bro67, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. How To Access Documents and Settings on a Different System Disk? - Similar Threads - Access Documents Settings

2. How to access Documents folder and files of different OS or Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access Documents folder and files of different OS or Account?: Within the last couple of months, I was forced to install a new version of Windows in a different partition/volume. My old windows version does not boot; I have tried several solutions but to no avail.Now, in my new version of Windows in a different SSD and partition or...
  3. How to access Documents folder and files of different OS or Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access Documents folder and files of different OS or Account?: Within the last couple of months, I was forced to install a new version of Windows in a different partition/volume. My old windows version does not boot; I have tried several solutions but to no avail.Now, in my new version of Windows in a different SSD and partition or...
  4. How to access Documents folder and files of different OS or Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System "not responding" when accessing documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System "not responding" when accessing documents: Issue of system "not responding" when accessing documents or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-responding-when-accessing-documents/6d87aece-97a9-45d8-88df-aeef8ad05058
  6. System "not responding" when accessing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System "not responding" when accessing documents: Issue of system "not responding" when accessing documents or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-responding-when-accessing-documents/6d87aece-97a9-45d8-88df-aeef8ad05058
  7. Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!: I purchased a new laptop which has Win10 installed. After struggling to gain access to ALL files and folders, and not succeeding, I deleted the recently installed account with local Administrator privileges. I did gain access through the original account, which was installed...
  8. Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access in Win10 to Programs and Documents and Settings!: I purchased a new laptop which has Win10 installed. After struggling to gain access to ALL files and folders, and not succeeding, I deleted the recently installed account with local Administrator privileges. I did gain access through the original account, which was installed...
  9. Access denied to system disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied to system disk: Hello! I have a trouble. I've denied access to system disk for all users and even administrator in properties. And now i can't see owner, i can't allow access back. I've tried all things, and troubleshooting(Safe mode with Command Prompt). Even if I administrator can't...
  10. How to access the disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to access the disk: I put a disk in and I cannot see where to find the drive to change it so I can access my disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-the-disk/2ac7fecf-41f2-4daa-bb20-5e59c2ec29ea