Windows 10: how to access documents on internal hdd

Discus and support how to access documents on internal hdd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; May I ask a question on behalf of my son Please. He has just updated his desktop from windows 7 to windows 10,All went fine. The only issue that he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Sep 7, 2015.

1. menu Win User

how to access documents on internal hdd

May I ask a question on behalf of my son Please.

He has just updated his desktop from windows 7 to windows 10,All went fine.
    The only issue that he has,He has all the documents photos etc on a second internal hdd and the C drive has only the Windows ten operating system.

How does he access the documents and photos etc from the start and then select documents that are on the left,At the moment he selects documents in the start it shows blank,As they are on another hdd.

Please hoe would he set up the start to access the second hdd.

Many thanks.

:)

menu, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Can't reset default location of Videos folder Windows 10

Luka,

An internal drive. OK, understood.

Do consider relocating to a Videos folder on your HDD instead. That would leave you free to relocate Documents to a Documents subfolder, Music to a Music subfolder, ...

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Access to documents from old laptop hdd

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to take ownership of the complete folder and check.

To take ownership of a folder:

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

3. Click Edit. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.

5. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.

6. Click OK

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 7, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

On the left pane, Right click on Documents->Properties->Location->Find Target and change to point to the folder on the second internal disk. Click Apply

how to access documents on internal hdd [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 7, 2015
  5. menu Win User
    That was brilliant.
    Thank You very much *Thumbs

menu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to access documents on internal hdd - Similar Threads - access documents internal

2. How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?: Hello guys!I have to replace my HDD as is faulty. How do I do this?How do I install Windows to the new HDD using my same laptop? Before I open it and physically replace it??Full picture:I've got a laptop with a faulty HDD that is going out.I'm buying a new HDDWhen I get the...
  3. How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?: Hello guys!I have to replace my HDD as is faulty. How do I do this?How do I install Windows to the new HDD using my same laptop? Before I open it and physically replace it??Full picture:I've got a laptop with a faulty HDD that is going out.I'm buying a new HDDWhen I get the...
  4. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  5. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  6. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  8. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  9. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Internal HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...