Windows 10: How to access files from all of my Home Network

Discus and support How to access files from all of my Home Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I want to access my pc from all of my home network. My OS is - Windows 10 Home edition. So I have internet connection through lan cable (cat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kapz, Jul 27, 2017.

1. kapz Win User

How to access files from all of my Home Network

Hi,

I want to access my pc from all of my home network. My OS is - Windows 10 Home edition.

So I have internet connection through lan cable (cat 6) which connects to my D-Link LAN and WiFi router (call it Main router). I select PPPoE in the Main router, enter my credentials and then connet to internet.

Now from that Main router I have joined three other routers through cat 6 cable so that I have wifi access on all floor levels.

Now, the pc on which all my multimedia data resides is connected to Main router via WiFi. I have turned on network discovery, file and printer sharing on that PC (Win 10 home edition). I have tested and I can access data if I connect any of my device to Main Router via WiFi.

My question: How can I connect to that PC with another device like android or windows laptop/tablet which is connected to Router 2 and Router 3 over WiFi? Is it possible?

Anybl help is much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

2. Windows shares

I've read this thread with disbelief, do none of you guys understand what he is after?

I'm after the same thing. I'm sat at home, with my phone, and I want to be able to look at ALL my pictures that i have on my home network, you know, on servers, Windows Home Server for example? My NAS Shares in my case. The one called MEDIA !!! How naff that
    it cant connect or see files on my WINDOWS HOME NETWORK! !! I'm totally with the poster of this.

Yes I have SKYDRIVE, which allows you to see files/piccys. The problem is that nothing is ever integrated!

I dont want to use my internet bandwidth to access the photos outside of my home, which of course is wayyyy slower than accessing files from my NAS.

If we all go down the route of accessing ALL our files from the internet, the internet super b road will grind to a complete halt!

Yes there are apps, but apps dont get updated etc etc etc.

Soft Techy, Jul 27, 2017
  3. scoobyman---01, Jul 27, 2017
  4. How to access files from all of my Home Network

Hi kapz.

This is all dependent on how you set up your network. Is there one DHCP boss or is DHCP enabled on all? When you connected Main to Router 2 did you use one of the regular ports or did you connect to the Internet WLAN port?

The goal would be to have one range of IP addresses, example 192.168.1.xxx.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 27, 2017
  5. kapz Win User
    Thanks Caledon Ken. I found the fix reading random posts. The trick was to set other routers ip address as static and in sync with Main routers default ip. like setting router 2's ip as 192.168.0.xx and also the default gateway and dns to 192.168.0.1

6. kapz Win User
    I am facing a different but related issue. I am unable to access the shared folders from android however some folders like 'user' are visible AND accessible. I have set the permissions for my shared folder exactly as 'users' still no luck. Am using latest es file explorer. What am i doing wrong?

7. Not sure. I don't use Android, well my wife has a phone, so I really don't have experience.

I know some other members do as I recall several months ago being on a thread on Android.

Have you marked the folders as Shareable in Windows?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 27, 2017
  8. kapz Win User

Yes they are shared and visible from Android they're just not accessible.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    In addition to setting the sharing permissions, make sure you also adjust the actual file/folder security permissions as well. Security permissions are under the Security tab of Properties.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to access files from all of my Home Network - Similar Threads - access files Home

2. Backup all User Files from another computer in my home network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup all User Files from another computer in my home network?: I can map a drive from computer 1 to computer 2 on my home network. The problem is, I want to backup all the user files wife, kids, etc to computer 1 and I even though my account is an admin on computer 2, I can't seem to get into those folders to do the backup. There has...
  3. Block a folder from all network access

Block a folder from all network access: I work on video projects some of which need to be air gapped. I usually just turn off the wifi and go to work but I want to be able to restrict a specific folder from all network access LAN or WAN. Or some other way of blocking all network access to that specific folder....
  4. Accessing files on my network

Accessing files on my network: I am trying to share files between my laptop (connected via wifi) and my PC (connected via lan) using OneDrive. Each time I try to get to the other computer I get a message that says "Windows cannot access\\……….\OneDrive. You do not have permission to access\\……..\ Contact...
  5. How to find out all my computers on my home network?

How to find out all my computers on my home network?: I have trouble finding out my two computers in my home network. I have a Desktop computer PHONGTRAN1and a laptop computer:31NO0JDU. The desktop is running Windows 10, version 1803, and the laptop is running Windows10 Version 1903. How to put two computers in the same...
  6. How to access Laptop on home network

How to access Laptop on home network: I can see laptop drives from desktop but get this message. What to do? [img] 140181
  7. Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network

Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc? ***Original Title: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc?***...
  8. No permision to access files and folders in home network.

No permision to access files and folders in home network.: I have a Win 10 pro OS on my laptop and Win 10 Home on my desk top with 1809 up date. I have provided permissions set to all, and full editing permissions for all the shared files and folders. I can't access any of the computers or files. Get a message "you do not have...
  9. Home network issue - one pc cannot be accessed from all others

Home network issue - one pc cannot be accessed from all others: There is one pc which can see all other pcs but cannot be seen from others. Info on the problem PC: OS: W10 Pro v.1709 b.16299.192 Network: Password protected sharing. I tried resetting network(network reset), turning off firewall, etc. Ping to the pc from other goes...
  10. How can I gain access to move files in my home network?

How can I gain access to move files in my home network?: I have retired a second computer and have hooked it via Ethernet to a remote location on my home. I can see the files on the remote computer and from the remote computer to the main. When I try drag/drop to get files from the main to remote, I get a permissions denied...