Windows 10: How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder

Discus and support How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Twice in the last month Windows 10 has chosen a file folder and one file image as my background(wallpaper) instead of a image file of my choosing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1ThursdayJC, May 22, 2018.

1. How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder

Twice in the last month Windows 10 has chosen a file folder and one file image as my background(wallpaper) instead of a image file of my choosing. I use landscape images from different countries I visit in Google Earth Pro.

So I have to go to the image reset it as a Wallpaper and the problem is resolved till next time.

I know that if I type in C:\Windows\Web I can access themes and wallpapers. Is there a specific file folder in Windows subfolders that shows (Background)?

I thought I had the perfect solution but I found out that Local Group Policy is not available through Windows 10 Home. Someone from Microsoft Community suggested to Run as Admin and type in "gpedit.msc then go to Administrative Template I Control Panel I Personalization and Double Click "Prevent changing Desktop Background and enable it.

I know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem becauses others on the "Microsoft Community Forums have had the same problems.

Not part of problem from above but a * How to* I asked a question about 10 days ago and it looks like nobody is going to answer my question. How do I delete that post?

:)

1ThursdayJC, May 22, 2018

2. Personalize Screen background color

Hi Rohn,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Have you installed any third party customization software?
    If yes, I suggest you to uninstall the same to if it is restricting you from changing the desktop background.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select
      Control Panel.

• Select Ease of Access Center.

• Click on Optimize Visual display link.

• Locate Make the computer easier to see section.

• Uncheck Remove background images (where available).

• Click on Save, Apply, and Exit.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 22, 2018
  3. How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Create a folder with the required images in it.
    • Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Background.
    • In the right pane, select slide show from the drop down list under Background.
    • Click on browse and select the saved click on Choose this folder.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2018
  4. How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder

Twice in the last month Windows 10 has chosen a file folder and one file image as my background(wallpaper) instead of a image file of my choosing. I use landscape images from different countries I visit in Google Earth Pro.

So I have to go to the image reset it as a Wallpaper and the problem is resolved till next time.

I know that if I type in C:\Windows\Web I can access themes and wallpapers. Is there a specific file folder in Windows subfolders that shows (Background)?

I thought I had the perfect solution but I found out that Local Group Policy is not available through Windows 10 Home. Someone from Microsoft Community suggested to Run as Admin and type in "gpedit.msc then go to Administrative Template I Control Panel I Personalization and Double Click "Prevent changing Desktop Background and enable it.

I know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem becauses others on the "Microsoft Community Forums have had the same problems.

Not part of problem from above but a * How to* I asked a question about 10 days ago and it looks like nobody is going to answer my question. How do I delete that post?

:)

1ThursdayJC, May 24, 2018
Thema:

How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder

1. How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder - Similar Threads - access Personalizations Background

2. Personalize Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize Background: Is there a way to set a fix time in changing background picture? I would like to set it for every HH:00, HH:15, HH:30 and HH:45 OR HH:00 and HH:30 It may look like an interval of 15 minutes or 30 minutes, but not really. Sample: If I open the desktop at HH:20, the...
  3. How to access personal account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access personal account: July 3rd - there was an update. Afterwards when my system rebooted automatically it would not respond when I entered my password. Seemed to only enter last three characters and complained it was wrong. Tried many times. Finally noticed on bottom left that my account...
  4. Desktop Background Personalization

Desktop Background Personalization: On Windows 10 I cannot get my chosen personal photo to display the way I want it to, despite the fact that I've succeeded before using a photo I got online: I want it to fill the monitor screen, running underneath the desktop icons, which I have grouped on the far left of...
  5. Personalize Background

Personalize Background: How do I create a background that displays my Mantra. in text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-background/e8374310-ee28-441c-b118-d336de459510
  6. why and how did windows 10 automatically access a 'background photos' folder from a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why and how did windows 10 automatically access a 'background photos' folder from a...: As title says. I open my new laptop one afternoon, and the desktop background has been automatically set to a slideshow of a folder I have on a different computer which is currently un-powered ... why did this happen, and why wasn't I asked? submitted by...
  7. Denied access to personal folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access to personal folder: I'm at my wits end and really need some help. I turned my computer on yesterday and ws denied access to my personal folder. Under the folder documents, I created a folder for myself to put personal research etc files in. Now there's some kind of a green mark on the bottom...
  8. How to change folder background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change folder background in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are looking for a way to change the folder background in File Explorer of Windows 10, then this shows you the easy way to do it. While Windows 10 allows you to choose the dark theme to add [...] This post How to change folder background in Windows 10...
  9. Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings

Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings: ISSUES Accessing 'Personalization' from Windows settings screen I open Settings and click Personalization from the available options. I can open all the other options, but for this one, nothing happens. Once I click on it, the window 'freezes' and I can't do anything but...
  10. Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings: ISSUES Accessing 'Personalization' from Windows settings screen I open Settings and click Personalization from the available options. I can open all the other options, but for this one, nothing happens. Once I click on it, the window 'freezes' and I can't do anything but...