Windows 10: how to activate password screen on sleep mode

Discus and support how to activate password screen on sleep mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a admin password. so when i put the pc in sleep mode it used to prompt for password in windows 8. But it seems in windows 10, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adolescent, Aug 11, 2015.

1. how to activate password screen on sleep mode

Hi, I have a admin password. so when i put the pc in sleep mode it used to prompt for password in windows 8. But it seems in windows 10, it doesn't prompt for a password and goes directly to the os. How to put the password screen back in sleep mode?

Thanks in advance.

:)

adolescent, Aug 11, 2015

2. Win 10 not intermittently going to sleep

Why does Win 10 NOT go to sleep after no use

Power Setting currently : Go to sleep after 30 minutes of no use, Require password on wakeup

If I click sleep mode, it works. However, computer does not go to sleep if left unused for hours and does not activate lock screen or require password

DaddyOBlue, Aug 11, 2015
  3. TKAWLE Win User
    Windows 10 asks for password after screen turn-off timeout.

Yes, this does the trick. I was concerned about prior Windows' behavior not allowing a shorter timespan for screensaver verses screen sleep modes. It works fine.

I have my Screen set to sleep at 10 minutes and my blank screensaver set to activate at 20 minutes, and requiring Lock Screen (doesn't say password, but it does!!) so the password is required after the screensaver timeout, and not after the sleep timeout!

how to activate password screen on sleep mode :)

TKAWLE, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

how to activate password screen on sleep mode

Settings, Account, Sign in options:

how to activate password screen on sleep mode [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

how to activate password screen on sleep mode

1. how to activate password screen on sleep mode - Similar Threads - activate password screen

2. Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate: Hello community. I need to do some sleep tests on my computer in safe mode, but I can't enable this option anywhere. That option is unavailable and I can't or can't find a way to do it. It does NOT appear under power in the "what to do when you close the lid!" options or in...
  3. Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate: Hello community. I need to do some sleep tests on my computer in safe mode, but I can't enable this option anywhere. That option is unavailable and I can't or can't find a way to do it. It does NOT appear under power in the "what to do when you close the lid!" options or in...
  4. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  5. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  6. Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode: If I set,PC screen will turn off after- 1hourPC will sleep after- 2hourWhen the PC will actually sleep during my inactivity? Is it 2hour? Or 1+2=3 hour?I mean, what does it mean by "sleep after"? Does the count start from the screen went off? Or from the the very beginning of...
  7. Screen does not stay off after sleep mode activates

Screen does not stay off after sleep mode activates: Recently my computer has no longer been shutting off it's screen when it has been inactive for a while. Which is to say, when I leave it running but idle with a few applications open - none of which have prevented the screen from shutting off in the past - the screen no...
  8. Password without going on sleep mode ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password without going on sleep mode ?: Hii i want to know if it is possible to require the password without going on sleep mode because i need to live my laptop downloading a file and keep it safe so no one will use it behind my back...
  9. Screen is getting sleep mode

Screen is getting sleep mode: All of sudden my laptop screen is getting into sleepmode and then I have to unlock the scrren again. This thing is happening when I'm actively using the laptop. Can anybody say what is the issue and how can I resolve it....
  10. turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turn off password request when screen in sleep mode: have difficulty in having my pc start up when in sleep mode, screen for password does not appear so O'm thinking remove the password requirement when in sleep mode and just a keystroke or mouse movement to start, happy to leave password for initial start up …. any ideas/...