Windows 10: How to active my Windows 10 pro 64bit from old motherboard.?

Discus and support How to active my Windows 10 pro 64bit from old motherboard.? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Roomies, I have been trying the last 2 days to get the internet working on my new used motherboard and because I wanted to have it done asap. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ered, Jun 15, 2017.

1. ered Win User

How to active my Windows 10 pro 64bit from old motherboard.?

Hi Roomies,

I have been trying the last 2 days to get the internet working on my new used motherboard and because I wanted to have it done asap. I took it back to the shop that did the work and they couldn't fix the problem, so they installed a cleaned version of win 10 pro, problem solved.

The only version that I have with probably the digital license is on my usb stick that I burned back in May. So please let me know how can I do it best.

Thank you.

How to active my Windows 10 pro 64bit from old motherboard.? [​IMG]

:)

2. abdeenamr Win User

windows 10 pro didn't activate yet!

hello:

I upgraded successfully from windows 8.1 pro 64bit to windows 10 pro 64bit and I checked that windows 10 is activated!

unfortunately when updating drivers it conflicted with old one so I had to reinstall windows 10 pro from iso image I downloaded using Microsoft media creator.

through the installation of windows 10 using iso image I skipped entering key of windows 8.1 until activation!

the activation process say my key is blocked (Error code: 0xC004C003).

it had been several hours and windows 10 is not activated! what to do now?

please help

abdeenamr, Jun 15, 2017
  3. Activation problem after upgrading to Windows 10

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit to Windows 10 Pro 64bit that I downloaded from the link above. The Windows 7 was activated and I reserved my free upgrade. Now when I upgraded to Windows 10 it says that Windows isn't activated. What can I do?
    I have my Windows 7 serial key stored.

Visa Laitinen, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

A new motherboard is a dramatic change, you could try this:
    If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008. If you're running Windows 10, version 1607 or later, and added your Microsoft account and linked it to the digital license on your device, you can use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows. For more info, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20527

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers” then follow the steps in this additional help article. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023300

Bastet, Jun 15, 2017
  5. ered Win User
    @Bastet,

Thank you for a quick response. I was able to consolidate all my MS accounts and log in and still got activation error codes 0x803f7001.

My orginal license Win 8 Pro I bought direct by MS and I still have the code keys if that helps in getting back my Digital license back. Please let me know which other steps I can take without doing again a clean install but this time with my MS usb stick.

Thanks

6. Bastet Win User
    You could try this:
    To use your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 product key to activate Windows 10:
    Select the Start button, then select Settings --> Update & security --> Activation.
    Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character product key.

Bastet, Jun 15, 2017
  7. ered Win User
    @Bastet, Great it worked!! my Win 10 Pro 64bit is activated!!

Thank you.

8. Bastet Win User

Glad to help. *Smile

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to active my Windows 10 pro 64bit from old motherboard.? - Similar Threads - active pro 64bit

2. Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.: I go through the standard troubleshooting steps. Which I have gone through 4 separate times with the support staff. who all hang up after this step does not work great staff Microsoft............... I have purchased windows 10 pro. From the Microsoft store directly. I do not...
  3. Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.: I go through the standard troubleshooting steps. Which I have gone through 4 separate times with the support staff. who all hang up after this step does not work great staff Microsoft............... I have purchased windows 10 pro. From the Microsoft store directly. I do not...
  4. Changed my motherboard, can't use old activation key for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my motherboard, can't use old activation key for windows 10 pro: Hi! I just upgraded my CPU + motherboard, but now my windows is not activated. I was using windows 10 pro and had an OEM key for it, it worked well, but after upgrading, it deactivated. My windows got updated to windows 11 Pro because of some windows update, but it is still...
  5. Changed my motherboard, can't use old activation key for windows 10 pro

Changed my motherboard, can't use old activation key for windows 10 pro: Hi! I just upgraded my CPU + motherboard, but now my windows is not activated. I was using windows 10 pro and had an OEM key for it, it worked well, but after upgrading, it deactivated. My windows got updated to windows 11 Pro because of some windows update, but it is still...
  6. From an old motherboard how to delete windows 11 pro key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From an old motherboard how to delete windows 11 pro key?: Hello,I have a laptop, but it had to be sent for service because it wasn't working properly. I didn't remove the key before sending it for service, I didn't think they would change the motherboard. They replaced the motherboard, which I did not receive. And now I can't...
  7. From an old motherboard how to delete windows 11 pro key?

From an old motherboard how to delete windows 11 pro key?: Hello,I have a laptop, but it had to be sent for service because it wasn't working properly. I didn't remove the key before sending it for service, I didn't think they would change the motherboard. They replaced the motherboard, which I did not receive. And now I can't...
  8. Windows 10 pro 64bit activation issue after hardware change replaced motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro 64bit activation issue after hardware change replaced motherboard and cpu: Unable to activate Windows 10 pro 64bit digital license after hardware change replaced motherboard and cpu. Added device prior to swap to my Microsoft account. Any ideas on why to resolve this issue....
  9. Old Motherboard and Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old Motherboard and Windows Activation: Code 0xC004F211 - Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. I have had some trouble with motherboard over the last couple of months, switching between a gigabyte and msi. Both these mobos decided to die and I got gifted another msi mobo from a friend...
  10. Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit: I had a activated version of Windows 7 pro 64 bit which got automatically approved for upgrade to Windows 10 pro 64 bit some months ago. The upgrade to Windows 10 took place before the free upgrade deadline. I had a boot issue with Windows 10 after I merged some unused...