Windows 10: How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

Discus and support How to add a boot entry for windows 7? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks for posting back with results and marking the thread Solved. This will help other users with the same question. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018.

1. How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

Thanks for posting back with results and marking the thread Solved. This will help other users with the same question. *Smile

Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018
  2. gremar Win User

Hi,
    The title sums it up really, I have managed to install windows 7 along side windows 10 but on a separate hard drive. When I booted the first time I couldn't see windows 7 in the boot menu.
    Could someone please tell me how to add a boot entry for windows 7?

Thank you.

:)

gremar, Apr 21, 2018
  3. I Accidentally Deleted my Windows 10 BCD Entry... Now what?

Hi

As I mentioned, I deleted the wrong BCD entry. Now I can't boot to Windows. I would like to know how I can add the BCD entry again and boot to Windows, if I can't actually get to the OS to use a tool that would add it. Please help as soon as possible.

Jonathan Heitz, Apr 21, 2018
  4. How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

Windows 10 Anniversary Update destroys boot loader in dual-boot config!!!

Or just boot into Windows 10, download EasyBCD then use it to add a boot entry for Linux.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 21, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    In windows 10, note the drive letter of Windows 7 partition e.g. F, open an admin command prompt and type

bcdboot F:\windows (change F as appropriate).

cereberus, Apr 21, 2018
  6. gremar Win User
    That's good thank you but how to get Windows 10 style dual-boot screen

gremar, Apr 21, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Admin Cmd Prompt:

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

f14tomcat, Apr 21, 2018
  8. topgundcp Win User

How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

@f14tomcat . This won't do it. OP does not have problem which one will boot first, his problem is he did not get a GUI boot screen.

@OP,
    Boot up Windows 7 then do the same thing as before:
    bcdboot X:\Windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10.

topgundcp, Apr 22, 2018
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Sorry, guess I misunderstood.

OP said: That's good thank you but how to get Windows 10 style dual-boot screen , I thought he meant the Metro style like this:

How to add a boot entry for windows 7? [​IMG]

#3 > https://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable...-in-windows-8/

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    And, I'm pretty sure you have to do so on both OS's.

Edwin, Apr 22, 2018
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    When booted into Windows 10, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run:

Bcdboot C:\Windows

That will get the Windows 10 graphical boot menu back.

NavyLCDR, Apr 22, 2018
  12. topgundcp Win User
    What's the difference between this and post #5. They both accomplish the same thing depending on what OS is currently running.
    bcdboot will set the system to use Winload.exe (MBR)/Winload.efi(UEFI) version from Windows 10.

topgundcp, Apr 22, 2018
  13. How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

Comp Cmndo, Apr 24, 2018
  14. gremar Win User
    Ok thanks I got sorted now

gremar, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

1. How to add a boot entry for windows 7? - Similar Threads - add boot entry

2. How to add entries to windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add entries to windows boot manager: Hello windows community! I've got a repeating problem with my windows installation that is preventing me from using grub with bitlocker. After researching a solution I found the most simple and secure solution is to use the built in windows boot manager. I have found...
  3. WinRE, add boot menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinRE, add boot menu entry: 1909 Anyone know how to do it? (The internal drive's WinRE.) 160075
  4. How do i add a boot entry for a partition

How do i add a boot entry for a partition: Hello, as the title says, how can i add a boot entry for a specific partition. I have tried EasyBCD, but my system ssd is in UEFI. Is there a workaround to this issue? Thanks in advance,...
  5. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  6. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?: Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images. I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with...
  7. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?: Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images. I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with...
  8. Add entries for Text Suggestions?

Add entries for Text Suggestions?: Is there a way for me to add 'custom' text to the Windows Text Suggestions? For example, if I type in '65', I'd like to get a suggestion for '6530-A'. Thanks for any help or advice!...
  9. Chrome 7 entries

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome 7 entries: Hello Under task manager >startup> Chrome, I noticed there are 7 .exe entries that appear to be the same; same date, same size, same location but differ in degree from low to medium to high. They are between 'chrome metrics' and 'set up visual....' Are these all necessary...
  10. How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive: As you may well know, you can now access multiple partitions on a standard removeable flash drive with version 1703. So I decided to try and create a UEFI based usb flash drive with multiple winpe partitions. I successfully managed to create an EFI partition and a Winpe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add boot entry for windows 7 on windows 10