Windows 10: How to add a driver that does not contain a .INF file in Windows ICD?

Discus and support How to add a driver that does not contain a .INF file in Windows ICD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Creating an Window 10 Pro image to use for company computers. I've downloaded and extracted all the drivers of a computer model. Most of them I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blampert, Oct 26, 2016.

1. blampert Win User

How to add a driver that does not contain a .INF file in Windows ICD?

Creating an Window 10 Pro image to use for company computers. I've downloaded and extracted all the drivers of a computer model. Most of them I was able to add in Windows ICD except for the Intel Chipset Driver. Reason being, it does not contain a .INF file when extracted, just a .EXE to run and install. Is there a way I can had a Chipset Driver to his image?

Thanks.
    Bill.

:)

blampert, Oct 26, 2016

2. How to install a driver (.inf) that does not contain digital signature information in Windows 10

OMG. .INF FILES DO NOT HAVE A COMPATABILITY TAB, ONLY EXE FILES HAVE THAT TAB, AND I NEED TO INSTALL THE DRIVER IN ORDER FOR THE PS3 DUALSHOCK 3 CONTROLLER TO WORK WITH MY GAMES/SOFTWARE, THE CONTROLLER DOES NOT WORK ON LAPTOP WITHOUT THAT DRIVER NOR CAN
    I INSTALL ANY DRIVERS WITH MOTIONJOY CUS IT JUST HANGS WHEN TRYING TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS PRESUMABLY BECAUSE THE DRIVERS THAT MOTIONJOY NEEDS TO INSTALL ARE NOT SIGNED BY WINDOWS AND MOTIONJOY IS THE ONLY PROGRAM THAT IS ABLE TO GET AND INSTALL THOSE SPECIFIC
    DRIVERS

MatthewGood, Oct 26, 2016
  3. How to install a driver (.inf) that does not contain digital signature information in Windows 10

Hi Matthew ,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to temporarily disable User Account Control and then try to install the driver in the computer.

After troubleshooting on the issue, then I recommend you to turn on the User Account Control.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Change User Account Control Settings” without the quotes in search bar and click on it.

3. Then try to lower down the UAC to lowest level.

4. Click on Ok.

5. If it prompts you to enter the Administrator password, then enter the password.

UAC Turn Off Disclaimer:

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect
    other users. We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing Controller in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 26, 2016
  4. How to add a driver that does not contain a .INF file in Windows ICD?

The word "driver" is ambiguous. It can refer to either one of two different things:
    > The "driver package" - This is all the files needed to implement the h/w interface. Every driver package has an INF file
    > The "driver installation app" - an EXE file which, like any other EXE, is an application level software isntall. The vendor might use the app to do extra error checking, present a GUI interface, or install app level software. It always includes the the driver package. Catalyst Control center is an example of appl s/w installed as part of the EXE "driver" file you get from the vendor web site. CCC is not part of the graphic controller driver package.

Run the EXE file on the target system. Use a tool like Double Driver to backup drivers (it actually creates a collection of all driver packages - each in its own folder). Folder names are named after the devices. You'll find the driver package you want there.

ComputerGeek, Oct 27, 2016
  5. Rantuff Win User
    You can unpack the .exe driver setup file using the freeware 7-zip.

Rantuff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to add a driver that does not contain a .INF file in Windows ICD?

1. How to add a driver that does not contain a .INF file in Windows ICD? - Similar Threads - add driver does

2. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  3. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  4. The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information

in Windows 10 News
    The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the error message The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information while trying to install any device driver on your Windows […] This article The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information first appeared on...
  5. driver for icd-p520

driver for icd-p520: Hi, I've a question: it's possible to find a driver for Windows 10 for this device: ICD-P520, a Sony recorder Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-icd-p520/5877b6c4-01d5-4a63-a40d-547d397540a2
  6. How to add containing folders to collection of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add containing folders to collection of files: I have several thousand files that I want put into individual folders of the same name. Does anyone know of a batch method for this? 159776
  7. third party inf does not contain digital signature

third party inf does not contain digital signature: I want to install a driver by clicking on inf file but I get this error : third party inf does not contain digital signature I found many topic say that I can disable that by these commands: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS bcdedit /set testsigning on I...
  8. third party inf does not contain digital signature

in Windows 10 Support
    third party inf does not contain digital signature: I want to install a driver by clicking on inf file but I get this error : third party inf does not contain digital signature I found many topic say that I can disable that by these commands: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS bcdedit /set testsigning on I...
  9. How to add applications in Windows ICD when creating an image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add applications in Windows ICD when creating an image?: I've just started using Windows ICD, wanting to create an image for our company computers. I've configured the user accounts and added drivers and other custom settings but would like to see if I can also add in applications to get installed as well. I'm planning using the...
  10. Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD): Forgive me if I sound totally stupid for asking this but how do I use ICD to add apps such as MS Office 365, Chrome etc using Windows ICD because I can't find anything on search engines and the only option I can see allows .appx files and app bundles only. Please point me...