Windows 10: How to add a program?

Discus and support How to add a program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I go to Control\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs. There is a panel on the left with a list of programs. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by doncole, Feb 14, 2017.

1. doncole Win User

How to add a program?

If I go to Control\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs.

There is a panel on the left with a list of programs.

How can I add a another program to this list?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Feb 14, 2017

2. how to add a microsoft account to a pc

Hi,

Since you bought your computer from a pawn shop, it is possible that the device is still connected to the account of the previous owner. We suggest that you reset your computer to feel the OOBE (Out of the Box Experience). You can
    add your Microsoft account after resetting your computer. You can visit this
    link
    for recovery options in Windows 10 and check the Reset your PC section.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    How to add a Sharepoint online calendar to a Windows phone 8 or 8.1

Hello Todd:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having getting a sharepoint calendar to sync to your Windows Phone. I am not familiar with the process of adding a calendar URL to the phone to bring that calendar to the phone. Please try
    the following and let us know your experience after setting the phone up in this fashion.

The phone is designed to sync with the cloud. When it comes to calendars and contacts this especially the case. The first thing you should try to get access to this calendar on your phone is to add your Office 365 account to the phone. You would add this
    by going to settings > emails + accounts > add account > Exchange. Once the account is added any cloud based contacts and calendars should be brought to the phone. If you do not find the calendar after adding the account, please tap the account listed in
    emails + accounts and make sure that the calendar sync option is selected.

If you have linked this calendar with your local Outlook account you can have this brought to your phone but there is another step. As there is no way to sync local Outlook accounts to the phone you would need to link the Outlook account with your Microsoft
    account. The process of doing this is outlined in this article,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2459660?wa=wsignin1.0

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Feb 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

How to add a program?

You shouldn't need to, installing a program should automatically add it to that list.

Having said that, I find that I have some installed programs that are missing from that list. What they have in common is that they are all old software, already installed long before my upgrade to Windows 10. It's probable that their installers (some pre-date even XP) didn't know about adding the registry settings required by the later versions of Windows in order to list all their defaults. They do however still work properly and appear in the list of installed apps.

I don't know a way to add them to that list for defaults, but I do know another way to make them the default for a particular file type - which is I guess what you are trying to do.

Find a file of the type you want to open in File Explorer. Right-click on it and choose 'Open with...'. Click 'More apps' and scroll down the list to find your program. Select it, tick the 'Always use this app...' box and click OK.

5. doncole Win User
    Thank you Bree,

This worked. Actually I only wanted the icon not the program.

So I just put the icon in where it says change program.

It worked*Wink.

Don Cole

doncole, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to add a program?

1. How to add a program? - Similar Threads - add program

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why Built-in Windows apps appearing in Add or Remove Programs Window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Built-in Windows apps appearing in Add or Remove Programs Window?: I wanted to uninstall some apps that I no longer use or need, and I saw various Build-in apps in the Add or Remove Programs List.What is going on?...
  6. Why Built-in Windows apps appearing in Add or Remove Programs Window?

Why Built-in Windows apps appearing in Add or Remove Programs Window?: I wanted to uninstall some apps that I no longer use or need, and I saw various Build-in apps in the Add or Remove Programs List.What is going on?...
  7. Can't open "Add or remove programs" window. SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open "Add or remove programs" window. SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll crashes: I can't open the "Add or remove programs" window. If I try to open it from the Start menu or Settings, a blank window opens for about 3 seconds and then closes. Event Viewer is indicating an issue with the Immersive Control Panel SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll. This only...
  8. Can't open "Add or remove programs" window. SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll crashes

Can't open "Add or remove programs" window. SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll crashes: I can't open the "Add or remove programs" window. If I try to open it from the Start menu or Settings, a blank window opens for about 3 seconds and then closes. Event Viewer is indicating an issue with the Immersive Control Panel SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll. This only...
  9. Add or remove programs menu crashing with mrmcorer.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add or remove programs menu crashing with mrmcorer.dll error: HelloMy win10 install is giving me a few issues:1. I cannot add or remove programs. When I try to load up the add or remove programs app, it just closes automatically.2. Same as above for Settings -> Apps and Features. The settings menu works, but once I click into Apps and...
  10. Add or remove programs menu crashing with mrmcorer.dll error

Add or remove programs menu crashing with mrmcorer.dll error: HelloMy win10 install is giving me a few issues:1. I cannot add or remove programs. When I try to load up the add or remove programs app, it just closes automatically.2. Same as above for Settings -> Apps and Features. The settings menu works, but once I click into Apps and...