how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

Discus and support how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Jul 4, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created.

:)

otuatail, Jul 4, 2018
  2. LesGrant42 Win User

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Dalumberjack03 Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile. [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile. - Similar Threads - add exe start

2. Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list...: I have an old Photoshop app (v.5.5) I've always used as the default to open .bmp, .jpg, .png and .tiff pics. Of course Win10 insists that I use their own 'Photos' app. Pshop isn't listed in any pic extension I look under. It sort of looks like in Settings/Apps/Apps and...
  3. Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail: Microsoft recently pushed a couple of updates to my machine and I'm now in Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1803 (17134.167) and Mail (ver. 16005.10228.20127.0). All of a sudden, mail no longer shows my two gmail accounts. I tried removing and readding them but nothing comes back....
  4. Add and Remove Android apps in smart phones and laptops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add and Remove Android apps in smart phones and laptops: Hi All I have Android mobile phone and I would like to customize it based on my requirement and comfort. There are some default apps I would like to remove and add another such as instead of Google chrome app i would like to use Mozilla Firefox. How this can be possible....
  5. Add entries for Text Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add entries for Text Suggestions?: Is there a way for me to add 'custom' text to the Windows Text Suggestions? For example, if I type in '65', I'd like to get a suggestion for '6530-A'. Thanks for any help or advice!...
  6. I had to add a second email , now Win 10 made it Administrator , not my original one , and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I had to add a second email , now Win 10 made it Administrator , not my original one , and...: I had to add another hotmail email for a stupid forum i had to sign up for to edit some GoPro footage , so Windows 10 decided on its own to make that email address the main administrator account , and it also removed from the Accounts Screen , my original Hotmail account ,...
  7. how do I get to "add an exclusion" in Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I get to "add an exclusion" in Windows Defender?: I want to exclude the process "Exclude a .exe, .com or scr process https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/how-do-i-get-to-add-an-exclusion-in-windows/1a9ca6de-43a7-488f-ad6e-e872a5754adc
  8. Third-party extension that adds Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party extension that adds Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline is now available: Microsoft’s latest version of the Windows 10 operating system comes with Timeline. Called Windows Timeline, it happens to be one of the hallmark areas of the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Microsoft’s Edge browser integrates with Timeline by default. Unfortunately, app...
  9. How to Add Driver of an .exe file to an Offline Windows Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Add Driver of an .exe file to an Offline Windows Image: How to Add Driver of an .exe file to an Offline Windows Image? I know how to of a driver in a compressed file by using DISM but don't know of an Intel (or any company else) driver in form of .exe file 102024
  10. Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD): Forgive me if I sound totally stupid for asking this but how do I use ICD to add apps such as MS Office 365, Chrome etc using Windows ICD because I can't find anything on search engines and the only option I can see allows .appx files and app bundles only. Please point me...