Windows 10: how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

Discus and support how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Jul 4, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created.

:)

otuatail, Jul 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile. [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile. - Similar Threads - add exe start

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  4. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  6. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...
  7. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326