Windows 10: How To Add Any App You Want To The Menu

Discus and support How To Add Any App You Want To The Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had been stymied by two things. One was to get the hated OneDrive icon off the list of "All Apps", and the other was adding a shortcut to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DalGoda, Sep 16, 2015.

1. DalGoda Win User

How To Add Any App You Want To The Menu

I had been stymied by two things. One was to get the hated OneDrive icon off the list of "All Apps", and the other was adding a shortcut to the functionally better Printers folder (Think XP) to the list. I finally tricked the computer to revealing the solution. How? Well I drug a shortcut from the App List to the desktop then looked to see where it was pointed. After deleting the shortcut to OneDrive, it no longer appeared in the menu (restart may be needed). There's also a reg key to alter that will remove OneDrive from Explorer.

I then took a couple of shortcuts, one to a web console for my NAS the other the beloved Printers folder, and dropped them in the folder. Bingo! Instant satisfaction. A big sigh of relief. Below is the path to where those App shortcuts live.

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

If you want your own good printer folder, here's the path for the shortcut.

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL PrintersFolder

Now to start uninstalling crap apps with PowerShell. *Smile

Hope this helps

:)

DalGoda, Sep 16, 2015

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Sep 16, 2015
  3. windows 10 is a piece of junk! and they take away all your apps including office!!!

You like the interface very much, so much you actually thought it appropriate to remove ( temporarily ) other software, possibly binned the device without sufficient internal storage. You sum up the new computer users, useless gadgets with minimal user
    interface - the dumb phone. No way in **** are Apple and now Microsoft going to replace my computing power with adverts and " entertainment ". I've cut a deal already, give the toys to the kids, I'll stick with 7. When they cast us into the wilderness it's
    no problem, I know many still using XP. They don't get hacked, their bank using the latest systems is actually a target.

Any you want, Sep 16, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Crap! The Shortcut successfully created itself even by copying your shortcut exactly!

I used powershell to eradicate a bunch of poopy tile apps I never used, getoffice, getskype etc. One thing I hatre is Skype, don't use it, don't allow it to be installed on any of my machines. One of the MS downdates force-installed Lync somehow, which is the Office version of Skype for Business.

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
  5. DalGoda Win User
    So many unwanted apps, but once I found those instructions for the Powershell to eradicate them, the world has seemed a little brighter.

I sure do like the classic Printer Folder. Right click and get properties, just see printers and not a bunch of other "devices". See the Comment and Location fields. I add that folder to every workstation I put into service at the office. My users are spoiled. *Wink

By the way, I have been altering the App List by removing folders and just leaving wanted program shortcuts. While some live in the profile's appdata Start Menu list I had in my first post, most live in the old Start Menu folder.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Why click on one or two subfolders to get to that one app you want? Paste it alone and delete the folder(s). Fits the new format better (in my opinion). Some suites require a folder, but one offs that might have an uninstaller, help page, or other nonsense in with them can be separated and the chaff deleted.

I was really thrilled to kill OneDrive. I already had it disabled, but hated seeing it in the menu and in Explorer. I didn't do the complete uninstall, just in case I want it some day. But it is now out of sight and out of mind.

If anyone wants instructions on how to remove the unwanted apps that were added by default, go to the web page below. You can copy and paste the test straight into Powershell from the web page.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option2

DalGoda, Sep 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    I used that very link to figure out how to delete that utter cack.

yah, I like this XP-style Printers folder with XP-Style context menu. When you hit "Properties" the actual printer properties pop out, not the device properties!

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Add Any App You Want To The Menu - Similar Threads - Add App Menu

2. How do you add cmd.exe to the Context menu in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you add cmd.exe to the Context menu in file explorer?: How do you add command to the Context menu in file explorer?Hello. I fogot how to add C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to the Context menu.[Right click open cmd here]. I know how to open cmd from the address bar and from cmd but I do not remember how to add it to that menu. Please...
  3. How do you add cmd.exe to the Context menu in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you add cmd.exe to the Context menu in file explorer?: How do you add command to the Context menu in file explorer?Hello. I fogot how to add C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to the Context menu.[Right click open cmd here]. I know how to open cmd from the address bar and from cmd but I do not remember how to add it to that menu. Please...
  4. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that...
  5. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that...
  6. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to you add apps on the hidden icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to you add apps on the hidden icon: How do you add back an app on the hidden icon when it was mistakenly removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-you-add-apps-on-the-hidden-icon/70a10ec2-7aee-45cd-8364-598e48232e0f
  8. How to you add apps on the hidden icon

How to you add apps on the hidden icon: How do you add back an app on the hidden icon when it was mistakenly removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-you-add-apps-on-the-hidden-icon/70a10ec2-7aee-45cd-8364-598e48232e0f
  9. How to add app to right-click menu

How to add app to right-click menu: I have Photoshop 2020 on my computer. But it does not appear in the Right Click Menu for any kind of app. I did the following: In RegEdit, I went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell. I added a new entry for Shell: Photoshop. Created a new subfolder there called...
  10. add app to share menu

add app to share menu: why in windows 10 pro version i cant add apps my choice to right click share menu? Its one of the most intuitive way of sharing files and its denied by windows OS to users. Are you nuts?????????????????? In Google's Android, its the simplest way. and windows denies it to...