Windows 10: How to add app to Win10 default programs

Discus and support How to add app to Win10 default programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I installed some softwares (for audio and vedio) in my Win10 Laptop, which are not shown in Default program list. I wonder how to add these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Liu, Oct 3, 2016.

1. David Liu Win User

How to add app to Win10 default programs

Hi, I installed some softwares (for audio and vedio) in my Win10 Laptop, which are not shown in Default program list. I wonder how to add these installed programs to the Default program list. Thanks.

:)

David Liu, Oct 3, 2016

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Oct 3, 2016
  3. How do I add new programs to the default programs dropdown list iin Windows 10?

This is dated Aug 18, 2015. Are there any solutions discussed recently?

femuellersj, Oct 3, 2016
  4. bestellen Win User

The Default Apps setting is not exclusively new to Windows 10 but, much like many of the other Control Panel staples of previous versions, Microsoft has worked in an almost total rehaul of the old system in favor of something a little more streamlined and a lot more functional.

bestellen, Oct 4, 2016
  5. David Liu Win User
    I stick to the softwares I installed, which I have been used to. In Win10, I tried every way to link the file types to my softwares, and it worked temporarily. However, every time I installed Win10 updates (every month), the file types were relinked back to the win10 default softwares. It seems it's been hijacked by Microsoft. I think the only way to permanently link the file types to my installed softwares is to add them to the DEFAULT PROGRAM list in control panel and finish the setting over there. However, I haven't figured out a way to do that. I googled and found some codes for adding a special app. I wonder if there is a common way for other apps. Thanks.

David Liu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add app to Win10 default programs - Similar Threads - add app Win10

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Add custom program to Default apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add custom program to Default apps: Hi, I want to select a custom program as my music player, photo viewer and video player in the settings. Its a standalone .exe file. I know I can change it for a single file type using right click -> open with, but it would be easier if I could register the program to appear...
  6. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  7. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  8. Default Programs [Apps]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Programs [Apps]: I am trying to set a Default App for a specific File. Adobe Reader will open the File, but I cannot see the File Extension in the "Choose Default Apps by File Type" in Settings. The File Extension is "jsf"...
  9. Default apps does not allow me to add custom program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default apps does not allow me to add custom program: When I attempt to change the default app for a certain file extension, like .bat, it has no suggestions, and just gives one option that says "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store". What moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the option to browse for a...
  10. How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?

How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?: I'm trying to add my own program (AkelPad) to the list of Default programs. [img] I created and applied the reg-file, but the program still is not in the list. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AkelPad\Capabilities]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add program to file association dropdown list win10

2. add to win10 app