Windows 10: How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

Discus and support How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Noel New Member

How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other users. These users will automatically set as users to the computer. From the Computer Management Console there is no way to add an AzureAD as when you click on Add and Locations, there is no location for the AzureAD. If you look at the current AAD user in the Computer Management and Local Users and Groups you will find the current user as AZUREAD\noel.pulis.

Luckily there is a way to add an additional AzureAD user as a local admin.

– Open CMD (Command Prompt) as Admin
    – Type NET Localgroup Administrators AzureAD\additionaluser

How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin azureaduser1.jpg

Once this is ready, open the Local Users and Groups and you will find the AzureAD user part of the local Administrators Group.

(240)

read more...

2. Error code 0xc0090016

Hello Jason,

the problem is the PIN. Face recognition, fingerprints and others depends on PIN.

This failure happens after hardware has replaced or you recovered your windows 10 from backup/image or s.th. like this. And it seems only happen with AzureAD accounts.

The solution is to disconnect then re-connect
    your AzureAD account. But be aware doing that. You need another local administrator user to ensure to login to your computer. Otherwise, you may loose access to you data after disconnecting your account.

Preparatory Work

Please, always create a local user with administrator rights before disconnecting.

• Settings > Accounts > Other People > Add someone else to this PC
    • select "I don't have this persons's sign-in information"
    • select "Add a user without a Microsoft Account" and create the user (e.g. admin)
    • then click the account > "Change account type" > Account type "Administrator" > OK

There are two options to integrate an AzureAD account. Either as (A) "local user connected to AzureAD" or you login directly using the (B) "AzureAD account".

How to find out which user profile you are using:

open power shell. (win-x > Windows Powershell)

PS:> get-item env:U*

Name Value

---- -----

USERPROFILE C:\Users\***

USERNAME ***

USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE AzureAD

USERDOMAIN AzureAD

If USERDOMAIN is AzureAD, then you login directly with your AzureAD account. Continue with (B).

(A) You have a local user that is connected to AzureAD

• Settings > Accounts > Access work or school
    • Disconnect all accounts
      • Disconnect > confirm "Yes" > Disconnect
      • Enter your local admin user in dialog
    • Restart your computer
    • Login with your local user account
    • Then connect all your work or school accounts again.
      • Connect > klick "Join this device to Azure Active Directory"
      • Enter AzureAD-Mail/Password > Sign in > Join > Done
    • Add your PIN (Sign-in options)
    • Configure additional sign-in options.

(B) You use your AzureAD account to login to your computer

• Prerequisites: be sure if your phone is available to receive verification code by SMS or your preferred media.
    • Login with your AzureAD account
      • Disconnect all accounts (perform step 2 in (A))
      • Restart your computer
    • Note: Be sure you are connected to internet! (use lower-right network connection icon)
    • Login with your local admin user.
      • Assign a AzureAD user to your local admin user: Perform step 5 in (A)

(This process integrates your computer as AD client)
      • Sign-out
    • select "Other user" > enter your AzureAD user (Mail address) and password
    • Now, you should be asked to set up your PIN (you will be asked to enter verification code)
    • Completed! Next, setup your additional sign-in options.

Kind Regards.

Juergens73, Jun 21, 2018
  3. JCStaquet Win User
    unable to login with AzureAD account after creating a local account on Windows 10

I was able to login with my work (AzureAD) account with no problem but after I created a local account and logged in with it, the work account is not visible anymore on login screen. If I try to login with "<user>@<domain>" it says wrong password.

After login with the local account, I can go to Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school and it says that I'm still connected with to AzureAD with <user>@<domain>

JCStaquet, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin - Similar Threads - Add AzureAD user

2. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  3. Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user: Hello!I've been trying to log on to a PC on my network, but I have no idea about what the username can be on the other PC. Looking at the User settings in Control Panel I can see a "AzureAD/*name*". The e-mail address belonging to that user is *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Forgotten Local Admin User password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local Admin User password: I am sole user on laptop, therefore Local Administrator. Help pages only refer to changing Local Account password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-admin-user-password/ca2b0ec2-00a2-4324-9084-dfada9d5347b
  5. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  6. add an admin user account

add an admin user account: how do I add an admin user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-admin-user-account/9bcb122b-8bda-426e-991c-72232b8ea4b2
  7. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  8. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  9. how to cannot show admin folders on local users

how to cannot show admin folders on local users: I create new local user but this account have all admin files. how cannot show this files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-cannot-show-admin-folders-on-local-users/0774a369-2b7d-491c-91c7-4d410171df5d
  10. Unable to add local admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add local admin account: Periodically I acquire computers from ex-employees that only have themselves as local Users. Even though I'm in the Administrators Group as a domain admin, I don't have permission to add anyone to local Users. I need to clean these up for redeployment and often wind up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add azuread user to local users group

2. azuread user to local

3. add azuread account to local admin

4. how to add all azure ad users as computer administrator,
  5. add azuread account to permission for server 2008,
  6. add account azuread on windows ,
  7. how to add azuread account to local administrators,
  8. find azuread username local users,
  9. add azuread account to local admin cmdd,
  10. windows add azuread user to administrators,
  11. add my azuread account as administrator,