Windows 10: How to add color to Active Window?

Discus and support How to add color to Active Window? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just got Win 10 and if I have many windows open there is no distinction between which are active and which aren't. Before the active window would have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arily, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Arily Win User

How to add color to Active Window?

Just got Win 10 and if I have many windows open there is no distinction between which are active and which aren't. Before the active window would have a colored toolbar at the top while the inactive windows would be colorless or white.

I've went into settings, personalization and color...turned the first one off and the other two on then selected yellow but still the active windows aren't getting the yellow across the top to show they are active.

Am I missing something else?

:)

Arily, Aug 6, 2015

2. How to make Active window border color color really stand out from inactive ?

Not possible !!! Using standard Windows 10 options & settings.

Not crazy about special ways of bypassing things...

But thank you...

You know, why not admit that Microsoft 'forgot' this option in Win-10

Thanks again

MARCEL SAUCIER, Aug 6, 2015
  3. n9nu Win User
    How to make Active window border color color really stand out from inactive ?

Hi

I found a small program that will allow you to change the colors of those borders and top-bars...in 'explorer.exe' (any window on the desktop) and Internet Explorer. The program also has several other handy tweaks as well. It does NOT install, but rather
    just runs as needed. You don't have to keep it running or have it auto-load as well.

It's gone through several revisions and the latest (below) has support for Windows 10.

The program is: WinAero Tweaker Version 0.3.0.2 - File size: ~ 1.6MB

Download it at:
    WinAero Tweaker

Tim

n9nu, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. How to add color to Active Window? - Similar Threads - add color Active

2. How to add or change a color printing password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add or change a color printing password: How to add or change a color printing password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-or-change-a-color-printing-password/57fd1a95-8af1-4f6b-90a4-4920588f4588
  3. How to add or change a color printing password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add or change a color printing password: How to add or change a color printing password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-or-change-a-color-printing-password/57fd1a95-8af1-4f6b-90a4-4920588f4588
  4. How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area: That rectangle of hidden icons in the notification area...It is white and hard to see some icons. I would like to make that area a bit darker to see the icons more easily. Anyone know why it's white and how to change it? Any advice will be appreciated. 177447
  5. How to add other colors besides white and black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add other colors besides white and black?: Hello*Smile How to add other colors besides light and black? https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413669426/rewrwerwe.png [ATTACH] 168202
  6. How to add other colors besides white and black?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add other colors besides white and black?: Hello*Smile How to add other colors besides light and black? https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413669426/rewrwerwe.png 168202
  7. How to add custom color theme to Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add custom color theme to Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Start Menu has been our go-to point for accessing most of our computer applications. Over the years with different versions of the Windows […] This article How to add custom color theme to Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. How to add Color and Appearance to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Color and Appearance to Control Panel in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In the initial days of Windows 10, the Color and Appearance panel was handy to change the color of various UI elements. However, now users […] This article How to add Color and Appearance to Control Panel in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How to add text and change color in Microsoft Paint in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add text and change color in Microsoft Paint in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Microsoft Paint is a simple yet powerful application in Windows which allows you to do all basic image editing. One of the reasons I love using it even over the Paint 3D application is because of its simplicity. In this [...] This post How to add text and...
  10. How to add color to the window borders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add color to the window borders: Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that? 13525