Windows 10: How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

Discus and support How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chamlin, Nov 28, 2017.

1. chamlin Win User

How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders?
    Thanks,

:)

chamlin, Nov 28, 2017
  2. Keren Soh Win User

Editing Column Content in File Explorer Win 10

I would like to know how to edit the contents of a column in File Explorer in Windows 10. I know how to add or remove column headers themselves, but I can not seem to edit their content. As an example, after adding a column pre-named "Account Name", File
    Explorer now shows the following headers: Name, Date Modified, Type, Size and Account Name. I would like to add information in the Account Name column for each subfolder in the current folder (i.e., the subfolder named "test" should have something in the account
    name column, the subfolder named "test 2" should have something different in its' account name section). I am unable to access the content of Account Name column at all. Right clicking only allows me to edit the content of the Name column. The area circled
    in blue is what I would like to edit.
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer [​IMG]

Keren Soh, Nov 28, 2017
  3. IE11 Favorites Date Modified Changes

If you browse to your favorites folder using Windows Explorer and right click on the column headers in details view, you can add the column "Date Created", and then sort on that column. Unfortunately if you have multiple subfolders like I do, you'll have
    to do this within each subfolder. But at least you only have to do this once for each folder and it should remember this setting each time after that.

eveready-1010, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 28, 2017
  5. skcusime Win User
    Right click on the heading of any column to see a drop down list of dozens of fields, including type and bitrate.

How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer [​IMG]

skcusime, Nov 28, 2017
  6. chamlin Win User
    Brink, thanks for that. I did that on the main folder, and it applied the change to all of the main folder's subfolders. But not to the subfolders of those subfolders. For example, this tree:
    Main folder: MP3's
    Subfolder: The Who
    Sub-Subfolder: Tommy

I applied the changes to the main MP3's folder per that customization process, and it succeeded in applying the changes to the subfolder view for The Who. BUT, where I really need it is for all the sub-sub-folders, the actual albums, like Tommy, Who's Next, etc.

It would take for freaking ever to do each artist's folder. Must be a way, yes?

chamlin, Nov 28, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 28, 2017
  8. chamlin Win User

Um...don't know about the templates. That must be the issue. I essentially just opened explorer, added a subfolder to my documents, named it MP3's, so that must be the issue. How do I fix this mess?

chamlin, Nov 28, 2017
  9. chamlin Win User
    Brink, thanks. I right clicked on the main MP3 folder, went to properties, customize, selected "music", then, re-customized that folder to reflect the columns I wanted, clicked "apply to folders" and voila! Thank you!!!

chamlin, Nov 28, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted. *Party

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer - Similar Threads - Add Column Subfolders

2. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  3. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  4. File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove: Hi, Windows 10 user (using 20H2 but that's not relevant). Bit of a long shot... but i can't be the only one who sees this issue.. I want to add and remove columns in File Explorer on the fly. I know how to add a column and remove it. However, every time I want to add it I...
  5. File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders: I was renaming some subfolders in File Explorer when all of a sudden, about 10 different folders were instantly renamed identically to one of the folders, though with a different number. There must be a shortcut key I accidentally pressed. How can I avoid this in the future?...
  6. How to add columns to the windows explorer "search" pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add columns to the windows explorer "search" pane?: So i needed to add "dimensions" and "frame width/frame height" to my file explorer windows by default. I accomplished this. It doesnt seem to apply when searching however. I opened the folder options and the option "apply" is greyed out. Is this simply not possible? 141499
  7. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup: I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something...
  8. How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?: How can I associate comments with a file, and get them to appear in the File Explorer Comments column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-comments-to-the-comments-column-on/d09e68a0-ec87-435a-bacc-bdefcab94c70"
  9. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?: So example, I have folder named MP3. Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC. MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns. How to make FLAC folder to display the same things in the same exact arrangements? If I have FLAC 1, FLAC 2, FLAC3 then to...
  10. How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?: I have a lot of pictures of my granddaughter taken by my camera, my daughter’s camera & phone, and my son-in-law’s phone at the same place and time. For example, we were all at Disney World at the same time. I would like to add the “Camera model” to all Details views to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 how add modified to all subfolders

2. add column in file explorer to all subfolders

3. how can I arrange columns in all subfolders windows 10

4. windows 10 explorer how can i see the subfolders in the next column,
  5. windows inherent columns in subfolder,
  6. editing colun content in file explorer,
  7. Add comment column to all sub folders,
  8. file explorer columns for all sub folders