Windows 10: How to add Media Center to Tech Preview

Discus and support How to add Media Center to Tech Preview in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] Warning This no longer works Open the control panel and if you have the consumer version you will see add features to Technical Preview.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Indianatone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. How to add Media Center to Tech Preview

How to add Media Center to Tech Preview [​IMG]
    Warning This no longer works

Open the control panel and if you have the consumer version you will see add features to Technical Preview.
    Click this and it will ask for a key.
    Use this key MBFBV-W3DP2-2MVKN-PJCQD-KKTF7 and accept the licence terms. Some grinding off hard drives a reboot and there you go media center.
    You will know you have the media center as it states 8.1 with media center at the bottom.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THIS IS ALPHA SOFTWARE AND IT MAY HOSE YOUR SYSTEM.

You will find the icon in Windows Accessories. Right click and add to taskbar.

:)

Indianatone, Oct 2, 2014

2. Issue with Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Tech Preview

Issue with Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Tech Preview.

Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Tech Preview or Windows 8.1 Professional cannot play mpeg video files.

How do I play mpeg video files on Windows Media Player?

Thanks.

isi.carlos, Oct 2, 2014
  3. recording and watching tv after loss of media centre

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would like to let you know that if you have Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and you install the Windows 10 Insider preview, Windows Media Center will be removed. As Windows 10 is still under development, it has been structured this way. We
    need to wait till the final release of Windows 10 to check if Media Center is included or not.

I suggest you use the Feedback app to leave your findings, comments and feedback related to this product.

Members of the Windows Insider Program can provide feedback about the Tech Preview directly to our engineers by using the Windows Feedback app.

How to share feedback on Windows 10 Technical Preview?:
    How to share feedback on Windows 10 Technical Preview?

Cheers.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 2, 2014
  4. How to add Media Center to Tech Preview

Thanks for that,
    I always wonder about the process because it states get a key or you already have a key for some of the basic built in windows features in win-7,
    Didn't feel like testing to see if the keys were free or Microsoft wanted actual money for them *Smile
    Cheers if legal *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Indianatone, Oct 2, 2014
  6. derekimo Win User
    I noticed that yesterday, after John pointed out he used his over here,

https://www.tenforums.com/software-an...ia-center.html

It changes it in system properties too,

I had to do a phone activation because it was previously installed in a vm and it thought my key was being used twice.

derekimo, Oct 2, 2014
  7. LittleJay Win User
    I used the Media Center key that I got right after upgrading to W8 Pro and that worked like a charm.

LittleJay, Oct 2, 2014
  8. derekimo Win User

How to add Media Center to Tech Preview

That's the one I used too.

derekimo, Oct 2, 2014
  9. labeeman Win User
    I used the key posted and it worked. Let me know if your mouse pointer disappears in full screen mine does but the mouse still works just cannot see where it is unless you hover on a click point and it highlites.

labeeman, Oct 2, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    Just checked it out mate and the mouse pointer didn't disappear in full screen for me. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I ran the W10 TP upgrade over a copy of W7 using Windows Update, rather than the .ISO download.

LittleJay, Oct 3, 2014
  11. labeeman Win User
    Thanks it looks like it might be a video driver issue this is a Lenovo laptop. I did a bare metal install. It is not an issue on W8.1. It only does it in full screen not in a window.

labeeman, Oct 3, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    If it worked on W8.1, then maybe a future update for W10 TP will solve the issue. Good luck!

LittleJay, Oct 3, 2014
  13. labeeman Win User

Thanks again (can't rep you yet I have to spread it around LOL).

labeeman, Oct 3, 2014
  14. LittleJay Win User
    LOL! I just noticed that. A belated "thanks for the rep" mate!

LittleJay, Oct 3, 2014
  15. I followed the instructions and it is working perfectly. So far so good...

play2mefish, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

1. How to add Media Center to Tech Preview - Similar Threads - add Media Center

2. Media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media center: Hi, upgraded my computer to window 10 pro but no longer able to get media center, used to play a slideshow of my best photo,s whilst listing to my music. can anyone recommend a replacement for this task. thank you regards...
  3. Portative scanner Media- Tech

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portative scanner Media- Tech: Hi, My windows 10 doesn"t recognize a portative scanner Media- Tech. What is a problem? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portative-scanner-media-tech/8d744724-6be2-4ca6-b28c-c2c199d149c4
  4. How to install Windows Media Center?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to install Windows Media Center?: Hi im used Windows 7 for a long time and used Windows Media Center.Now im bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I don't have Media Center.Im followed the instructions on a YouTube but it didn't work.Can I get some help?...
  5. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  6. MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSAHCI in the new tech preview?: I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info) This was a clean install of Win 7, [img] It automatically used msahci during install. This was a clean install of the Tech preview,...
  7. stop tech preview updating

in Windows 10 Support
    stop tech preview updating: hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release 9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable in 9860 9879 is unusable as mediaportal bluescreens as soon as it is opened i go back to 9860 and then in the morning...
  8. Installing 10 tech preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  9. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  10. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]