Windows 10: How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file?

Discus and support How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there everyone. I was wondering if there is someone that could help me out if possible. Here's what I have already found out online and what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by renee1219, Dec 10, 2016.

1. renee1219 Win User

How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file?

Hello there everyone. I was wondering if there is someone that could help me out if possible. Here's what I have already found out online and what I have already done.

I was using the plex to organize and add information to my videos nut now I realized its not really something I actually need. Since all my stuff is just ran through one pc my desktop.

For example if I just want to watch a movie without opening the plex and waiting for it to load the movie and such all I need to do is open my videos folder and a way I go.

But I would like to clean up the way it looks if at all possible.

Here's what I had and here's what I did.

I have a folder saved on my Desktop called Movies. In there I currently only have a few movies but what I did was this I downloaded something called mp3tag and switched the thumbnails to the actual cover art.

Which looks like below.

How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file? [​IMG]

Ok hopefully you can see what I'm talking about I don't know how big this image will get sorry.

Ok so the problem here is this. When I have it set up this way the only information you get is the cover art and the movie title. And I used mp3tag to switch out the cover art. But I don't know if it will work to add extra information also like director, or actors, or even a description of the movie or episodes. Just a few basic things like that.

I have even tried the two right hand side things like the "Preview Pane" and the "Details Pane".

Here's what the preview pane shows me.

The only thing this gives me is a cover art image nothing else. I prefer the "Details Pane". But that shows things I don't even want to see.

If you take a look at the image above you will see information that I don't need to see every time I click on the image.

Things like this can be removed. Size, frame width, frame height, availability, date modified, date created, frame rate, data rate. I don't need this stuff on there. I would prefer to remove it if possible. Keeping the name and length of the video would be fine though. The extra stuff is just a bunch of clutter.

I like the first image option but there's no information. I prefer the second one that way you can see what your clicking on before it actually starts. But I would prefer more information.

Here's the only way I know how to give and change the information.

But this dose not show any thumbnails or cover art just icons. Which sucks.

If I set it to the "Details" option and then keep it with the "Preview" or "Details Pane" it looks a bit better because there are cover art and the pane. But there in a list style with lines separating them. I don't like the lines.

I know it sounds a bit crazy but here is what I'm trying to do.

I like the option with the large icons with the "Preview Pane" or "Details Pane". But I don't like all the gibberish I get with the "Details Pane" and want to be able to edit the information the details pane shows if possible. I know I can add and remove things in the Details area but not the details pane area.

I need some help with the way things look currently.

And the only reason I have not tried adding extra information with the mp3tag program is because I don't know if it would show album information instead of movie information. Example singer rather then actor or producer rather then director. And so forth. Plus if there was a way to add "Movie Description" that would be great as well.

I'm still new to this thing called "Meta Data". I think that's what its called.

:)

renee1219, Dec 10, 2016
  2. El Rey G Win User

How to add more information on a social networking contact

If you want to add more information on a social networking contact, create a new contact on your phone. Then link the 2 cards on your phone.

El Rey G, Dec 10, 2016
  3. How to add more information on a social networking contact

How to add more information on a social networking contact

Gary D. - WP7 Support, Dec 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just considering tagging - the metadata or textual info attached to a file + cover art.. whilst mp3tag will handle mp4's, in general it is an audio tagger so does not support video file formats in general.

There are suggestions here for programs that support tagging for videos:
    Adding In-File or In-Video Metadata to Video Files - How to
    It could be worth looking at Xnview which I used a while back, but not for tagging.

I'd guess that having tagged a file you consider right clicking the column headings in explorer, and adding appropriate columns there. However, you are then restricted to a details view.

I don't know a way of restricting the info shown for a given folder in the Details pane.

dalchina, Dec 10, 2016
  5. strollin Win User
    strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file? - Similar Threads - add more information

2. Convert MOD video files to MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  3. Convert MOD video files to MP4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  4. How to add more ckpt files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add more ckpt files?: I was wanting to add more checkpoints or ckpt file, do I need to run the batch file again afterwards or anything after I add the file to the correct directory? Thanks...
  5. How to add more ckpt files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add more ckpt files?: I was wanting to add more checkpoints or ckpt file, do I need to run the batch file again afterwards or anything after I add the file to the correct directory? Thanks...
  6. Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working: Within the last couple of days, thumbnails for video files particularly mp4 seem to have stopped appearing. New files would not get thumbnails, while thumbnails for older files remained. Even more odd, these new mp4 files would receive thumbnails while being uploaded to...
  7. mp4 files

mp4 files: Why can't I open and play my video files in Windows 10 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/9caf77cb-f036-4ec7-8741-7fff9b008c92"
  8. MP4 FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 FILES: Hi, i cannot run an MP4 file on my windows computer. any advice would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/5d15cbeb-ecf9-41c7-9d34-5dc33afd8bfc
  9. MP4 file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 file.: Hello, I can not find my MP4. I looked in File Explorer,Documents,etc. Please,I need the steps to send a video from YouTube to my Gmail. I don't know a lot about computers. Yes,I knew how to send a video on Windows 7. Thanks, A.W....
  10. Win Video Editor MP4 file

Win Video Editor MP4 file: I have downloaded a film from my camera to my computer and there are no problems. But when I open the film in the video editor software, the voice is distorted and high pitched. But when you play the film just on the computer software, there are no voice problems. What is...