Windows 10: How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option?

Discus and support How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to add more than default Windows 10 boot by creating a boot option on the OS startup ? The OS booting in a partition lettered C as usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by budi, Nov 23, 2017.

1. budi Win User

How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option?

How to add more than default Windows 10 boot by creating a boot option on the OS startup ?
    The OS booting in a partition lettered C as usual

How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option? [​IMG]

Now a partition, lettered E:, is readily prepared to launch the windows 10 installation in typical size around 3.3 GB after the extract of the iso file in installation CD

How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option? [​IMG]

It'd be nice for a user to just restart windows, choose and run the installation if malware has destroyed his current running system.
    Now, how is it to make it work, as Windows multi boot option on startup here is the only method for launching it ?

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Time computer takes to boot up

For me, Windows 10 boots up faster than Windows 7, which is how this computer left the factory. Not by a huge amount, mind you, but it's noticeable.

If your computer boots slowly, the first thing to do is to see what other programs are starting along with Windows, since they often add to the boot time.

BulldogXX, Nov 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Take a different approach which keeps everything away from the infected disk: use disk imaging routinely to secure your OS (and any other partitions or disks as we keep recommending).

E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage for disk image sets.

If your disk fails or is unbootable or attacked by ransomware- restore your disk image. Gives you a second chance when something bad happens without needing technical help.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Take suggestion from @dalchina, use Macrium. However, to answer your question. Here's how it works:
    Copy and paste the code and save it to a file on desktop, ex. mkdual.bat then right click to run as Admin
    NOTE: in the code, assuming you have Windows Installation in the root of E: drive.
    use only one line in red, use winload.efi if your Windows installed with GPT disk
    else use winload.exe for MBR disk.

Code: echo off echo Configuring Dual boot Windows 10 Installation bcdedit.exe /CREATE {ramdiskoptions} /d "Ramdisk Options" bcdedit.exe /SET {ramdiskoptions} ramdisksdidevice partition=E: bcdedit /set {ramdiskoptions} ramdisksdipath \boot\boot.sdi for /f "tokens=2 delims={}" %%g in ('bcdedit.exe /create /d "windows 10 Installation" /application osloader') do (set guid={%%g}) echo GUID = %guid% created !!! bcdedit /set %guid% device ramdisk=[E:]\sources\boot.wim,{ramdiskoptions} bcdedit /set %guid% osdevice ramdisk=[E:]\sources\boot.wim,{ramdiskoptions} bcdedit.exe /SET %guid% systemroot \windows REM ========== Use this line below if your Windows installed using GPT ========== bcdedit /set %guid% path \Windows\system32\winload.efi REM ========== Use this line below if your Windows installed using MBR ========== bcdedit /set %guid% path \Windows\system32\winload.exe bcdedit.exe /SET %guid% winpe yes bcdedit.exe /SET %guid% detecthal yes bcdedit.exe /SET %guid% nx OptIn bcdedit /displayorder %guid% /addlast bcdedit /timeout 5 echo "Done... Reboot your PC" pause[/quote] Reboot. You should have a menu with Windows 10 & Windows 10 Installtion.

topgundcp, Nov 23, 2017
  6. budi Win User
    @topgundcp
    Can you repeat giving the code again, please... your code is not clear, don't have the newline

Also I really don't understand :
    NOTE: in the code, assuming you have Windows Installation in the root of E: drive.
    use only one line in red

I said:
    Now, a partition lettered E:, is readily...

Will it work for "the first start of partition E:" instead of "the root of E: drive. " ?

and I simply didn't get :
    use only one line in red

Please help me do me a favor, I am really grateful for your benevolence..

7. cereberus Win User
    No way!!!

Norton Ghost has not been supported for many years and does not even support UEFI installations which is vast majority of Windows 10 installations these days.

Use Macrium Reflect Free which is far superior (we have tutorials in tutorial section) and as name implies it is FREE!

cereberus, Nov 23, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

I haven`t used it since school, my bad, post removed.

I should have suggested Macrium too, Macrium rocks.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option? - Similar Threads - add more default

2. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  3. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  4. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with Add Boot Option Laptop will not boot.

Help with Add Boot Option Laptop will not boot.: My system will not boot so I am unable to follow the BSOD instructions. This is a Dell Inspiron 3580 laptop, less than a year old. OS is Windows 10, I don't know the version. My laptop crashed after trying to use System Restore to correct a problem. The message was it could...
  6. Slow Boot more than 4 min.

Slow Boot more than 4 min.: Hi, Slowness occurs after loading the BIOS and before the User screen. There is also a Google Drive link with a MEMORY dump file, if necessary. MEMORY.DMP Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.836 thank you 157545
  7. How to prevent Windows10 create ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Windows10 create ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option?: I use Windows To Go,and I always choose the storage device in UEFI to boot Windows directly,so the ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option is redundant.But after I deleted the ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option,Windows will recreate it when the system start.So does anyone know how...
  8. How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Safe Mode is a special environment in Windows 10/8/7 which used for troubleshooting and system diagnostics. It allows you to get rid of malware and troubleshoot issues which cannot otherwise be fixed in the regular desktop mode. This is the reason, [...] This post...
  9. Boot loop and more than 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and more than 1 monitor: hey guys i found my problem. i thought i was having a infinite boot loop. I'll give some background to the scenario. #1 Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10Pro(64) #2 Installed fine, but borked all installed games on steam, couldnt load a single one. A laundry list of...
  10. Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linux boot option no longer there boots to windows