Windows 10: How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10?

Discus and support How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I prefer to use IE 11 as my default browser in Windows 10 but have added Firefox and Chrome to the Open With menus of .url and .html file types for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pjfarr, Feb 12, 2016.

1. pjfarr Win User

How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10?

I prefer to use IE 11 as my default browser in Windows 10 but have added Firefox and Chrome to the Open With menus of .url and .html file types for when I want to open those particular file types in those browsers. I've been trying to figure out how to add MS Edge to the Open With menu as well but am stumped. The usual method (the way I added Firefox and Chrome) doesn't appear to work for Edge. The Microsoft Edge caption and its icon appear in the Open With menu but it doesn't open.

Any ideas?

:)

pjfarr, Feb 12, 2016

2. How to add Diigolet in favourite in MS Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add a Website to Favorites in Microsoft Edge:

• Open the Microsoft Edge app, and go to the website you want to add to favorites.
    • Press the Ctrl + D keys or click on the
      start
      icon (Add to Favorites) in the address bar.
    • Type a name you want for the favorite.
    • Do step 5 or step 6 below for what folder to add the website as a favorite to.
    • To Add Website as a Favorite to an Existing Folder in Favorites

• Under Create in, select an existing folder, click/tap on
      Add
      , and go to step 7.

• To Add Website as a Favorite to a New Folder in Favorites.

• Under Create in, select an existing folder that you want to create the new folder in.

• Click/tap on the Create new folder link.
      • Type in a name you want for the new folder, click/tap on
        Add
        , and go to step 7.
    • You will now see the start icon (Add to Favorites) turn yellow to indicate that the current website has been added to your Favorites.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 12, 2016
  3. How to add Diigolet in favourite in MS Edge

Original Title: Diigolet

I want to have the diigolet, not just diigo in my favorites bar. Can that be done on Microsoft Edge?

Anounymus1886992442, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10?

1. How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10? - Similar Threads - add Edge Open

2. Windows 10. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with?: Windows 10. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with? When hover mouse over a text file, right-click - Open with - then I need to choose Microsoft Edge, but I don't have it. How to add Microsoft Edge to Open with?
  3. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: Hi,I try to change the app for opening an excel file but I see the below window:How can I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/405b6f6d-2611-4d36-8b8e-ff075b52b85e
  4. New Ms edge and Old Ms edge lies in same in start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Ms edge and Old Ms edge lies in same in start menu.: Hello, Iam a windows user after installing microsoft edge on my PC. the old ms edge cant hidden. You can see in the screenshot. I want to remove the old ms edge. Plz help[ATTACH]...
  5. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: I don't have office 365, but I can use office.com to access my word document. However, I also like to open my Word doc on my local disk with wordpad in case I need to do a quick update without going to the web. How can I add the wordpad app to "Open With" menu so I don't need...
  6. how to add Edge browser to startup menu

in Browsers and Email
    how to add Edge browser to startup menu: I want windows to start Edge browser when i login i have been able to add chrome and windows explorer to startup menu but couldnt find edge browser shortcut to add to startup menu 149680
  7. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu: Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users. Of course, most of them can't be used without the admin password, but it's easier than separating out only the ones that another...
  8. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  9. How to add remove right click menu in Win10

How to add remove right click menu in Win10: Hi When I right click a file I don't see run script, compile script and edit script options in window 10. I want to these in right click menu but not able to include them in right click menu. Someone please guide me how to customize right click menu for these items. Thanks....
  10. How to remove 'Open MS-DOS prompt' from folder Context Menu in Win10 ?

How to remove 'Open MS-DOS prompt' from folder Context Menu in Win10 ?: You'll see "Mark Unsolved" instead when the thread is currently marked as solved. You'll also see a green check mark to the right of thread title to indicate it is marked solved.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge does not show up in open with... menu

2. Internet Explore and Open with Microsoft Edge and context menu and 1809

3. diigolet on edge

4. how to add ms edge to open with menu in win10