Windows 10: How to add password on a specific folder?

Discus and support How to add password on a specific folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is pretty simple. i just want to know how to add a password to a specific folder. So whenever the file is opened, the user is asked for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Donatello, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Donatello Win User

How to add password on a specific folder?

This is pretty simple. i just want to know how to add a password to a specific folder. So whenever the file is opened, the user is asked for a password.

Thanks.

:)

Donatello, Oct 26, 2015
  2. 2005up Win User

Add a specific ringtone to specific contact

You are my Master. Thank you so much. Correct now i can add a ringtone for my friend group and one for my business group and depend who are I can pick up the phone or call later Thank again gio

2005up, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Add a specific ringtone to specific contact

The only way I can think of is to create a group for the contact you want and then assign a ringtone to that group. Not ideal but will work for a couple of contacts. If you want all of your contacts diffrent it will get time consuming.

taffytafftaf, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

1. How to add password on a specific folder? - Similar Threads - add password specific

2. how do I add a password to a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I add a password to a folder: i have folders with pics that I would like to lock. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-password-to-a-folder/2970822f-a337-4a56-b77f-d75e118f3482
  3. how do I add a password to a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add a password to a folder: i have folders with pics that I would like to lock. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-password-to-a-folder/2970822f-a337-4a56-b77f-d75e118f3482
  4. Add password to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  5. Add password to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  6. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add specific folders to Navigation Pane: Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836 Hello! With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the most part) the way I like it. A few things I have not been able to find tutorials on (I'm sure they exist, I just haven't...
  7. How to add password to a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add password to a folder?: I'm trying to add a password, not to encrypt it, to a Microsoft folder I created, with many files in it. I know I can easily add a password to an actual file. Any help as I can't seem to be able to accomplish this very simple task. thanks so much. ***Modified title...
  8. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  9. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  10. How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add specific folders to "Backup - File History"?: I can't backup any specific folders in my Documents folder unless the Documents folder itself is backed up. Otherwise trying to add them does nothing. Adding the Documents folder to the backup list causes my other folders to appear on the list. Why is this? Am I expected to...