Windows 10: How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]A Recovery Partition is a crucial partition for Windows 11/10. Windows creates this partition automatically when you perform a Clean Installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 9, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10

How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    A Recovery Partition is a crucial partition for Windows 11/10. Windows creates this partition automatically when you perform a Clean Installation of Windows OS or Upgrade Windows OS. It contains the system image and other crucial operating system files that are required to restore the Windows OS to a working state when a problem occurs. […]

This article How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 9, 2024
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10 partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jul 9, 2024
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 9, 2024
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10 :)

RyoTakagi, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

1. How to add Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - add Recovery Partition

2. UnHide Windows 11 Recovery Partition and add application to WinRE.wim file and register...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UnHide Windows 11 Recovery Partition and add application to WinRE.wim file and register...: Technical Level:; AdvancedObjectives :1. Adding compatible portable applications like Hwinfo64.exe or Diskinfo64.exe any one application only these two applications are fully compatible with the WinRE.wim file and WinPE.wim file boot.wim2. Creating...
  3. UnHide Windows 11 Recovery Partition and add application to WinRE.wim file and register...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UnHide Windows 11 Recovery Partition and add application to WinRE.wim file and register...: Technical Level:; AdvancedObjectives :1. Adding compatible portable applications like Hwinfo64.exe or Diskinfo64.exe any one application only these two applications are fully compatible with the WinRE.wim file and WinPE.wim file boot.wim2. Creating...
  4. How to delete Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete Recovery Partition in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]A Recovery Partition on Windows computers is a special partition that is used for System Recovery purposes. You can view the Recovery Partition in the Disk Management tool on your Windows computer. Windows lets you create new and delete existing partitions on a...
  5. How to create Windows 10 recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create Windows 10 recovery partition: Hi all, I have a question in regards to windows recovery. My lenovo y50-70 laptop (currently using) came with their recover software Onekey (which has since been bought out and not supported). Because I also have Ubuntu and MacOS installed on this same machine (and so had to...
  6. Windows 10 Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery Partition: When I try to reset my Asus VivoBook 2018 model I get the message Insert your installation or recovery media and restart your pc before it used to just restart and recover the system...
  7. Have a recovery partition, How to install 10 on another partition?

Have a recovery partition, How to install 10 on another partition?: I have a windows 10 working just fine on a new gaming PC. I want to use the same recovery partition, Only to create a new instance of the OS on another partition on the same hard drive. I know how to format/repartition the drive. I want to do this so I can use a copy of...
  8. 1703 Update Adds a Recovery Partition

1703 Update Adds a Recovery Partition: I have two computers, an HP desktop and a Dell laptop with the Broadcom 440x adapter. Both systems were built from the ground up 1607 iso. Both had a 500MB System Reserved partition with the balance of space assigned to the C: disk. Following the 1703 upgrade to my HP there...
  9. Add recovery partition into C drive

Add recovery partition into C drive: I just deleted the content (through the recovery software) of the recovery partition (D drive) in my laptop which had an older OS in it. I would like to add the space in this partition into the C drive, basically eliminating this recovery partition and expanding C the amount...
  10. Add Recovery Partition to Windows 10 Boot Menu?

Add Recovery Partition to Windows 10 Boot Menu?: If I assign a drive letter to my recovery partition, can I then also create a boot menu entry for that partition? Macrium is perfectly happy to create and assign space for its recovery partition, and create a BCD entry for same so it shows up on the boot menu. That's got me...