Windows 10: How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

Discus and support How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums Is this still applicable for windows 10? I have not yet attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kaboki, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Kaboki Win User

How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums

Is this still applicable for windows 10?
    I have not yet attempted to do this.

In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation file.
    I upgraded from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10 on my Lenovo G560 laptop.

I have looked at the Local Services setting for Windows Installer.
    The Manual option was off and I have started the service. There is no option (or I am unable) to switch to Automatic.

I have previously tried run the following commands from the cmd prompt as administrator.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    - no errors were found. *Smile

I then followed the instructions to unregister and re-register Windows installer :
    • On the "Start" menu, Type Run in the search bar and hit enter.
    • In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER.
    • On the "Start" menu, Type” Run” in the search bar and hit enter.
    • In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.

The other command I tried from the cmd prompt as administrator for the file filename.msi
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>msiexec.exe /i C:\myfoldername\filename

I got the following message.
    "The installation package could not be opened. Verify that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I have downloaded the .msi file twice, and have downloaded from this site on many occasions without problems.

:)

Kaboki, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Zelso Win User
    Zelso, Aug 26, 2015
  3. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Kaboki. and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yes, that tutorial to add "Run as administrator" to the context menu of .msi files will still work in Windows 10.

Brink, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Kaboki Win User
    Cheers. Worked a treat.

Kaboki, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad to hear it. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10 - Similar Threads - Add Run administrator

2. How to add Open Windows Terminal as administrator in the Context Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Open Windows Terminal as administrator in the Context Menu: Windows Terminal lets you open Command Prompt, Windows PowerShell, etc., in one window. If you want to add Open Windows Terminal as administrator option in the context menu, here is how you can do that. Although you can find the Open in Windows Terminal option in the context...
  3. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  4. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add tasks with run as admin to context menu: One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin. But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in...
  5. Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The main security measure on any operating system is the privileges. This means that the execution of any process or simply a program can be done at various stages. Mostly, this decision is taken care of by the operating system [...] This post Add or remove Run as...
  6. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  7. Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  8. MSI files - Add Extract All to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    MSI files - Add Extract All to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: MSI files - Add Extract All to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Extract All to Context Menu of MSI files in Windows 10 [img] Information A Microsoft Windows installer package (.msi) file is a storage file containing the instructions and data required to...
  9. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to MSI File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...
  10. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...