Windows 10: How to add Run to Start Menu

Discus and support How to add Run to Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally Winkey+R will open the run box but not when you are running in a VM under Oracle, so ... how do I add Run to the Win 10 Start Menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ztruker Win User

How to add Run to Start Menu

Normally Winkey+R will open the run box but not when you are running in a VM under Oracle, so ...

how do I add Run to the Win 10 Start Menu?

Edit: Found that right click on Start Menu brings up dialog that Run is in.

:)

Ztruker, Oct 6, 2014
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 6, 2014
  3. JoanL. Win User
    How to add Paint to Start Menu

I was able to put a tile on my start screen. It is not listed in start menu. On Windows 10 it is in c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe

JoanL., Oct 6, 2014
  4. MrNeeds Win User

I don't think i've used run in a long time, mainly because whenever I use command prompt, it's usually an elevated one and it's just easier to type command into search and right click run as admin, search has overtaken run for me.

MrNeeds, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I normally have UAC completely turned off so the Run box is equivalent to the Elevated Command Prompt. Not doing that with Win 19 10 yet.

The window that right click on Start Menu brings up has lots of useful stuff in it, including Run as Administrator.

How to add Run to Start Menu [​IMG]

Ztruker, Oct 6, 2014
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Shortest way is type it in the search box then hit <ENTER>

topgundcp, Oct 6, 2014
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Doesn't work, takes me to Bing with run as the search term.

If you mean cmd that's not what I'm interested in now.

Ztruker, Oct 6, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    I don't know if it's a glitch or an oversight but you can literally Shift/Right Click just about anything in WTP and pin it to the Start Menu, Start List or Taskbar; even from in the System32 folder.
    Couldn't do that in Windows 8.1!

This is the Bubbles.scr file:

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Oct 6, 2014
  11. To find it from the search bar you need to type Run Windows then it will show up in a shorter list.

MikeHawthorne, Oct 6, 2014
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Good find Mike but just type Run. In addition, Right click on it then pin to start. Click and hold then drag it to the left.

EDIT: I missed Edwin's post. His is the best solution

topgundcp, Oct 6, 2014
  13. AddRAM Win User

I`ll just keep clicking the start menu and it`s right there *Biggrin

AddRAM, Oct 6, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    I think you can finally pin the Recycle Bin to the Taskbar but you have to Shift/Right click on it in the default Desktop folder, then choose Pin to Start, then Shift/Right click on that and choose Pin to Taskbar.
    Moreover, you can Shift/Left click on files, (only, I think), and drag them to the pinned Trash Bin and drop them releasing Shift and Left mouse simultaneously for a permanent delete. (You may see a yellow caution triangle)

It's almost like the whole taskbar has become a quick launch!

I think it works properly!?

Here's a snippet you can check out:

Recycle - 000's library

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  15. davehc Win User
    I have "Run" in the Start Menu - All Apps - Windows System?. Easy to pin it from there to the taskbar or the right hand window.

davehc, Oct 6, 2014
Thema:

1. How to add Run to Start Menu - Similar Threads - add Run Start

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. Add Calendar to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Calendar to Start Menu: Using Office 2019 on Windows 10, how do I add a calendar to the start menu that when pinned to start displays only the number for today's date? i.e. 17 Moved from: Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Office 2019 ***Modified title from: Start Menu Calendar***...
  5. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu: Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users. Of course, most of them can't be used without the admin password, but it's easier than separating out only the ones that another...
  6. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  7. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  8. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.: I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409
  9. add "This Computer" on start menu

add "This Computer" on start menu: can I add "This Computer" on start menu, above the option "setting" 19725
  10. How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add icons to the left of Start Menu?: Just got Windows 10 a few hours ago. I don't see how you pin icons for programs to the LEFT side of the start menu. I can pin things to the right side, but I don't want those tiles. 34220