Windows 10: How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10

Discus and support How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Safe Mode is a special environment in Windows 10/8/7 which used for troubleshooting and system diagnostics. It allows you to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 8, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 BSOD with mouse; no option to boot to SAFE MODE in Advanced Options

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Also adding to ZigZag3143 (Windows IT Pro MS –MVP) point, you can also check other options from the link below to enter into the Safe Mode.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to upgrade Windows 10 by downloading the
    ISO file from the
    Media Creation Tool
    and check if you are able to get the lost
    Windows Recovery Environment options on your PC.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 BSOD with mouse; no option to boot to SAFE MODE in Advanced Options

I clicked the link to read the suggestions for getting into Safe Mode. I can do none of those. I have no installation media and I cannot log into Windows to perform the other two suggestions.

When I go into recovery mode, there is NO Startup Settings listed in Advanced Options. INstead, it is an option to get into the bios (which I have done, I did change the screen (??) settings to boot only to the LCD, not automatic or external. I did not
    change the boot order as I have no boot disk or usb for Windows 10). (I read in another post that sometimes a dual video boot occurs and confuses the computer, however, changing this from automatic did not solve the problem)

Neither can I get into msconfig from the command prompt. I can get into Regedit, but can't find the video drivers to rollback, no . (assuming it IS the video drivers that are causing this problem.)

This is very frustrating. I will try to upgrade by buring the ISO file through another computer and reinstalling on the affected computer.

mysticgraystar, Aug 8, 2018
  4. How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10

1. How to add Safe Mode to Boot Menu options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add Safe Mode

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. How to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option: Hi,I want to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option. Could you please help me?Regards,Shridhar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-optionmenubutton-in-windows-10-recovery/fb0731db-7e75-45f6-933f-3fd294c74625
  4. How to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option: Hi,I want to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option. Could you please help me?Regards,Shridhar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-optionmenubutton-in-windows-10-recovery/fb0731db-7e75-45f6-933f-3fd294c74625
  5. How to add Option/Menu/Button in Windows 10 Recovery Mode – Advanced Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to add or remove Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Safe Mode in Windows 11 or Windows 10 essentially starts the operating system in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If while in Safe Mode, you do not experience any issues, then it means that default settings and basic device drivers aren’t...
  7. How to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If someone wants to boot to Advanced Startup Options, it becomes really tricky. This is so because it is hidden deep inside the Windows 10 Settings App. This makes it really tedious for someone to use the feature and hence makes [...] This post How to add...
  8. How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode: I am using Acer Laptop and have installed Windows 10. Looks like there are viruses in the system and startup has got slowed down. The only way I see is to boot it into Safe Mode, and toggle the services. I need help on 2 things : How shall I make windows faster? How...
  9. Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and...
  10. Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 How to Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10 If you have a problem with your PC, you can troubleshoot by starting it in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem...