Windows 10: How to add search bar into taskbar?

Discus and support How to add search bar into taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I want to add searchbar into taskbar.Here is an example. [img] 46837 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gelashvili, Apr 9, 2016.

1. How to add search bar into taskbar?

Hi everyone,I want to add searchbar into taskbar.Here is an example.
    How to add search bar into taskbar? [​IMG]

:)

Gelashvili, Apr 9, 2016

2. Search bar or Search icon, how to add to task bar

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to click on “My stuff” below the search box after typing the keyword, so that the Cortana would search for the particular term locally, on the system.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-search-for-anything-cortana

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Search bar or Search icon, how to add to task bar

I have Seagate external hard drive. When they gave me instructions to get my drive to work with Windows 10, I was instructed to search for Windows File History. Thet referenced, "enter File History setting in the Search box and then tap or click on File
    History settings".

Every time I try to search it takes me to browser and not to drop down menu of Windows 10 on my laptop? How to get search box or search box icon on my task bar that takes me to Windows 10 and drop down menu on my laptop?

JosephKeller_799, Apr 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to add search bar into taskbar?

Hi, here's how I'd do it from my shortcut in Classic Shell.

All you need to do is find a similar shortcut..

How to add search bar into taskbar? [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 9, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi Cliff S - that gives the circular icon for Cortana. I guess it depends which search Gelashvili actually wants....

The one I illustrated is %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe -sta {C90FB8CA-3295-4462-A721-2935E83694BA}
    which opens the search flyout.

dalchina, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I was thinking they just wanted the box, which can be Cortana, if she's turned on, or just plain old Windows Search.

Cliff S, Apr 9, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

The Search "Everywhere" one doesn't work in the 14xxx Builds anymore.

Edwin, Apr 9, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hmm...

Must admit I'd thought that icon represented original Windows search until I tried it!

So.. here's how to get the explorer search shortcut (also icon as requested)... but I'd guess what was wanted was Cortana's circular icon as given by Cliff S.
    Search Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

dalchina, Apr 9, 2016
  10. Gelashvili, Apr 9, 2016
  11. Thanks to all for tips!!!

Gelashvili, Apr 9, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Thumbs

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add search bar into taskbar? - Similar Threads - add search bar

2. Search bar on small taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on small taskbar: [ATTACH] Is this new? I don't remember Windows 10 supports showing the search box if small taskbar icons is enabled. https://preview.redd.it/st95bo4ulu4a1.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=8ec4815f928e201b60ae0cc036b55274bbf916c2 OS Build: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC...
  3. How to change Search bar back in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Search bar back in taskbar?: So, I'm not sure if it's because of a new update, but my search icon is now much bigger. Instead of just a magnifying glass, it's a magnifying glass along with the word "Search" next to it. It takes up a lot more space and feels really redundant. How can I change it back?...
  4. How to change Search bar back in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Search bar back in taskbar?: So, I'm not sure if it's because of a new update, but my search icon is now much bigger. Instead of just a magnifying glass, it's a magnifying glass along with the word "Search" next to it. It takes up a lot more space and feels really redundant. How can I change it back?...
  5. Taskbar Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search Bar Not Working: I think after I downloaded Windows 10 2004, my search bar stopped working. Firstly, it's not the full-size search bar anymore. It's just the search icon. I want it to be the full-size search bar, but when I right-click and view the options, there is no option to make it...
  6. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar: I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?...
  7. Search bar on taskbar is missing

in Cortana
    Search bar on taskbar is missing: So, after I logged onto my computer this morning, I noticed that my taskbar had changed. There is no longer the search bar on my taskbar, and I have no idea why. I have already right clicked on the taskbar and confirmed that the option to show the search box no longer...
  8. How do I troubleshoot the search bar on Taskbar?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I troubleshoot the search bar on Taskbar?: I want to uninstall "MYSEARCH" on my computer. How do I troubleshoot it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-troubleshoot-the-search-bar-on-taskbar/fc363dc1-8ee2-4f92-b079-0af76d561ebe
  9. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...
  10. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your address bar combined into a single bar. New installs of Firefox Quantum will see this unified bar. If you prefer separate...