Windows 10: How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme?

Discus and support How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I enabled the dark theme and I really like the way it looks. I'm just trying to tweak it to my own preferences. I found 2 places in the registry where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stevo, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Stevo Win User

How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme?

I enabled the dark theme and I really like the way it looks. I'm just trying to tweak it to my own preferences. I found 2 places in the registry where I thought the adjustments would work, but they have no effect. The second folder is just above the seleced folder at .../colors.

How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme? [​IMG]

:)

Stevo, Jun 10, 2015
  2. wailana Win User

screen brightness on windows 10

the screen on my desktop running win 10 is too dark. how are adjustments made to brightness?

wailana, Jun 10, 2015
  3. Give me back full control of display colors

At the bottom of that menu you can click "Show color mixer" and adjust the HSB values.

Various of the interfaces around Windows may not support certain dark or bright colors, so may reject being set to colors that are going to look weird/bad.

zachd [MSFT], Jun 10, 2015
  4. Stevo Win User

For example, the "active" green border color around my settings window clashes with the rest of my theme. Does anyone know how to set the color on elements like this?

Stevo, Jun 10, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Get a 'snippet' of a color you want, open it in Paint, make a full size png of it and save.
    Open the png with Photo Viewer,
    Open Color and Appearance by pasting rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced into a Run box,
    then put those and some other windows all on the screen, (and keep opening Start)
    then start fiddling with color mixer til you get it right. It's a bit tricky but you'll get it.
    (The taskbar will always be a couple shades darker unless you apply 'Taskbar Color Override' Reg hack)

Edwin, Jun 11, 2015
  6. Stevo Win User
    Wow, thanks, that's way easier than searching around in the registry.

Stevo, Jun 11, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Roger that! No probs.
    Tune in to Saturday Chat, (if you're eligible), I may go into it a little more in depth if given the opportunity.

Edwin, Jun 11, 2015
  8. Stevo Win User

It turns out that it kind of fixed it. The color mixer is awesome for fine tuning the exact color I wanted. To bad the menu didn't include translucency too, but I tweaked the darkness and saturation to get close to the desired effect. The active green border above did change, but only the top border changed and the other 3 borders turned pink, lol. The inactive border color is now white on the same 3 sides, and the top also changed to the color selected in the color chooser. The good news is, the pink matches my background better than the green *chuckle

Stevo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme? - Similar Threads - Adjust Desktop Element's

2. Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?: [ATTACH] Ok so I just don't like Windows10's dark theme because it's just too black and I think it looks bad and I def think Microsoft could improve it. Is there a way to change the very black background to something like Discord's defualt dark grayish bakground? Thanks....
  3. Desktop colors, themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop colors, themes: I'm a novice. Was playing with colors and themes of desktop and must have hit saved. Now I can't get back to the default. This is awful -- black and blue and yellow. Help!...
  4. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  5. Remote Desktop Color Depth - how to adjust

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Color Depth - how to adjust: Hi, I'm attempting to increase the color depth of a remote connection but not getting anywhere. Google offers two suggestions: 1) On the RD Session Host server, open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. To open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration, click Start,...
  6. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  7. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  8. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?: So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray. How do you customize the window color for dark...
  9. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319
  10. Dark theme

Dark theme: I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243