Windows 10: How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

Discus and support How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, so previously I was able to use the WindowMetrics in the Registry to adjust the border thickness for windows (refer to the image), yet that no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pepanee, May 26, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

Hello, so previously I was able to use the WindowMetrics in the Registry to adjust the border thickness for windows (refer to the image), yet that no longer works.

There are two settings at:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

Named: BorderWidth & PaddedBorderWidth

Yet now, those two settings only apply to the title border (the top horizontal border of the window) and not for all the other 3 borders of the window. Check out the borders of the Registry images (the second and the third image) in this link: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change...idth-windows-8

What can I do to make my borders thicker?

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness [​IMG]

:)

pepanee, May 26, 2017

2. My windows have blue borders around them!!! pls fix

My windows have thick border around them, how do get rid of them.

10fc710a-dc6b-4c70-89fc-2645826db4bd, May 26, 2017
  3. On Windows 10 how do I change the Active window border color?

It really shouldn't matter. Your theme matters, but the wallpaper picture you choose does not influence it in any way other than the color, which you can override and choose your own color.

As for the post from Jonathan, he still doesn't have the option (or it's not switched on), or the Notepad title bar would be full colored, not white.

As for the thickness of the border, you can adjust that either manually (any stroke border thickness you want), you can just apply
    the built-in theme to get it automatically.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 26, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

5. Edwin New Member
    Download and install Aerolite theme compiled by @Brink

Install Aerolite Theme in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness [​IMG]

Edwin, May 26, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Yea, I've seen that before and was afraid it will change all my other customizations that I've made. I tried it and it changes everything, and is difficult to adjust that new theme to all my customizations. (Yet the borders did get thicker, yes that is correct).

But is there just some small modification that I can do only for the borders? I've tried apps like Winaero Tweaker to change those settings, but they do the same thing like I posted in that first post above. That settings used to work before, but no longer does. Is there an explanation & solution to why that is the way it is now?

Thanks

pepanee, May 26, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    My guess is that the Explorer frame is not affected by modifying those Windows Metrics using the default Windows theme. That's just my guess though! *Wink

Edwin, May 26, 2017
  8. How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

The registry fix never worked for me.
    Instead I used the winaero theme. That worked right away.

margrave55, May 27, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    It's possible that the new Windows update could've messed with this setting. A few months ago, I was able to do it this way, hence that's why the new update was a possibility that it did this.

So if anyone has some other workaround for this, please post here!

Thanks so much

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness - Similar Threads - Adjust Window Border

2. Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border: I am currently facing an issue that includes a thick white/black depending on the theme border around right click context menu. I have been facing the same issue in windows 10 in the past and it seems to have been unaltered in Windows 11. So far I have tried uninstalling...
  3. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  4. How do I change the thickness for the border of my Windows?

How do I change the thickness for the border of my Windows?: How do I change the thickness for the border of my Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-thickness-for-the-border-of-my/8862aba7-e87a-4a08-9a23-0885eb1bb240
  5. Thick borders for CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thick borders for CMD: When you launch CMD (CMD.exe) you get a window with black background, with a white header, and white scroll-bar on the right side, ... but on the bottom and on the left side, there is no border. Or, there is, but it is one pixel wide, and in dark grey. This is super annoying...
  6. Windows frame border thickness

Windows frame border thickness: For my work purpose , the only reason I use MS windows 10 is because of 1 software only: Kakaotalk a Korean chatting platform. As soon as Kakaotalk is supported in Linux, goodbye Windows. What I cannot stand in Windows 10 is the fact that MS has decided that the almost...
  7. Increase Border thickness

Increase Border thickness: Hi How do I increase the border thickness of windows? And I did try with settings Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\BorderWidth and \PaddedBorderWidth but that only changed the window Title thickness....
  8. Is it possible to change window border thickness?

Is it possible to change window border thickness?: I am not liking the very thin black window borders, when I open a lot of windows it can be hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Is there any way that you can increase the thickness of the window outline? 10206
  9. Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.

Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.: If I choose the Windows theme from Windows Default Themes or Windows Installed Themes, I get a think border on windows, but it's transparent. I got the aerolite and aerolite (white-text) themes from Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. Both of these...
  10. Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps)

in Windows 10 Support
    Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps): Hi, i facing with something so ugly in my beautiful: Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 64 bit and that is thick border of some windows, i not sure it a bug or Incompatibility of some software in new windows 10! here is some examples (see screenshot) : [img] So, there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I adjust window border thickness in windows 10?

2. windows 10 change window border thickness

3. win 10 window border thicker

4. windows 10 border thickness,
  5. adjusting border thickness in windows 10