Windows 10: How to allow Save as through windows defender

Discus and support How to allow Save as through windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When i right click a picture on a website and try to save i get this error... [img] I know how to turn off windows defender protected folder... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sea skimmer, Jan 26, 2018.

1. How to allow Save as through windows defender

When i right click a picture on a website and try to save i get this error...

How to allow Save as through windows defender [​IMG]

I know how to turn off windows defender protected folder but i would like to leave that on but just download pictures now and again. I know you can add programs that WD can allow through but how would i add 'right click save as' ?

:)

sea skimmer, Jan 26, 2018

2. how to allow an ap through windows defender

Open Windows Defender Security Center, and then select Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Add or remove exclusions.

Under Add an exclusion, select the files, folders, file types, or process. The exclusion will apply to subfolders within a folder as well.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 26, 2018
  3. JoeThiesen, Jan 26, 2018
  4. How to allow Save as through windows defender

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2018
  5. Try3 Win User
    [I think you created a local user account neil then changed the username to SeaSkimmer.] If you have a permissions problem with the Desktop then you could get the error message you show. Does your browser let you save anything else on that Desktop? Do other applications let you save anything else on that Desktop?

[Just to eliminate the possibility that it's the website causing the error, I successfully downloaded the picture from Your pictures of Scotland]

Denis

6. Thanks for your reply's I can't see that a name change would course the problem but who knows with this kookie windows 10. I found it easier in the end just to turn off folder protection and use another program that is not quite so inhibiting,cheers!

sea skimmer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to allow Save as through windows defender

1. How to allow Save as through windows defender - Similar Threads - allow Save through

2. Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...: Hi folksI have been struggling with this for a few days now. Worked fine on Windows 10 and previous versions.Had a boot drive crash so I can't access the previous machine because it is corruptedI have a number of external DNS hostnames eg: myhost1.mydomain.org,...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...: Hi folksI have been struggling with this for a few days now. Worked fine on Windows 10 and previous versions.Had a boot drive crash so I can't access the previous machine because it is corruptedI have a number of external DNS hostnames eg: myhost1.mydomain.org,...
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  6. Windows defender won't let me allow an application through.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender won't let me allow an application through.: Hello, whenever I try saving a photo from my photo editor it always says I don't have the access to do that. When I go to the notification center which tells me that the application was blocked I click on it. Once windows defender opens it just says there were no recent...
  7. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  8. No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No check Boxes in allow an ap through firewall in Windows Defender.: When I try to allow an app through the Windows Defender Firewall there are no checkboxes. This is a new PC which came preloaded with Windows 10 pro. Has anyone run into this before? I am running F Secure as a virus scanner....
  9. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...
  10. windows defender allowed threat isn't saved

windows defender allowed threat isn't saved: I allowed a threat through windows defender but It eventually gets removed from allowed threats and reappear waiting for me to take actions. I don't intend to exclude it because it won't get detected even if it got infected with other malware. I only want to allow this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender how to allow avcess through firewall and antivirus

2. allow a file through windows defender

3. why is windows defender antivirus now not letting me save files to my desktop

4. windows defender not allowing to save a copy