Windows 10: How to alter the width of a PDF download

Discus and support How to alter the width of a PDF download in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have downloaded a longish PDF document and it only covers about half the width of the page. I could fill the page by hitting "return every line but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Brian Bureau, Mar 29, 2018.

1. How to alter the width of a PDF download

I have downloaded a longish PDF document and it only covers about half the width of the page. I could fill the page by hitting "return every line but that will take forever. Can anyone please elt me know if there anything I can apply that will fill the page.
    I know that I can read the page as it is but it looks so scruffy.

:)

Brian Bureau, Mar 29, 2018
  2. Dick---01 Win User

N97 Mini manual format

I am old, and my eyesight is not good.

I save the manual to the device, bought adobe pdf reader an zoomed to 500%.

At 500% you cannot get the whole column width on the screen, and 200% is too small.

...so back to the computer, buy quick office and try to save manual in Word format so that I can alter the column width, but I get an insufficient permission error.

This Nokia could sort... please.

Dick---01, Mar 29, 2018
  3. zvicohen Win User
    “not enough memory"

The Adobe PDF Reader is a p.o.s. I couldn't open bigger than 2MB pdfs, too. There's a Pdf+ app (not free) that opens any size pdfs and can rewrap text to screen width, but the font rendering is **bleep** unfortunately. There's no perfect solution...

zvicohen, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

How to alter the width of a PDF download

A lot of how a document displays is in how it was created and the free readers can't do anything about that. Something like Adobe Acrobat [not Adobe Acrobat Reader] can make changes if the Properties of the document allow for that, security settings done by the creator can prevent a lot. It might be possible to Select all the text and Copy then Paste in your word processor.

Berton, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

How to alter the width of a PDF download

1. How to alter the width of a PDF download - Similar Threads - alter width PDF

2. How to alter assembly ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to alter assembly ?: to alter an assembly in sql server , but it always return an error that i dont have permissions or it doest not exist i verified that it exist already and verified all the persmissions needed is there in solution ?...
  3. How to alter assembly ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to alter assembly ?: to alter an assembly in sql server , but it always return an error that i dont have permissions or it doest not exist i verified that it exist already and verified all the persmissions needed is there in solution ?...
  4. Altering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Altering a game: I want to alter my The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword game on my Wii U so I can play as Twilight Princess Link. How do I do that? And What Category does this belong to? I have an EliteBook that originally came with Windows 7, but doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11....
  5. Pdf download :O

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf download :O: Does anyone know of a program or browser extension that will download all the .pdf documents off a website? There’s heaps of software out there but I’ve gone through about 10 so far and they either don’t work or don’t do exactly what I want. It maybe tricky as there’s...
  6. DOWNLOADING PDF EDITOR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DOWNLOADING PDF EDITOR: when I tried to install PDF editor, Microsoft store is showing try again and even the website is showing me : Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. how can this problem be solved? it is not related to the internet connection though I dont want to...
  7. Retrieving a downloaded PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving a downloaded PDF: Using JAWS, what are the steps for retrieving a downloaded PDF file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-a-downloaded-pdf/f0cfc4ad-7585-407f-99d1-fb23438aee6e"
  8. How to download a PDF file.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to download a PDF file.: My default PDF programs is Nitro Pro 12. I need to know how to get statements from my bank onto my PC. I have done this for years on my Windows 7 PC. Normally on Windows 7, I open the file and drag the cursor over the screen and I get a popup that looks as this image:...
  9. Link to download PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Link to download PDF: * Merged * Original title: Link to download PDF Please advise if there is a link to download my PDF file to Procedure for Employers How to Post a Job at the bottom right of the homepage for my site www dot jobsgalore dot careers ? Send it to me asap or state your...
  10. How to change width of toolbars

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change width of toolbars: Hi im using DU Meter for showing internet stats as a toolbar, but at 4k resolution the toolbar gets distorted. It does not have enough width, the numbers get cut off. Does anyone know how to change the size of toolbars? They are called task bands i think but i havent found...