Windows 10: How to always log in with my Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to always log in with my Microsoft account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have only one account setup on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586.36. That is my Microsoft account with administrator rights. When I boot... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Orange71, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Orange71 Win User

How to always log in with my Microsoft account?

I have only one account setup on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586.36. That is my Microsoft account with administrator rights. When I boot my laptop the login screen shows my Microsoft account name and a prompt for my password. If I correctly input my password, Windows proceeds to my desktop as normal. However, if I incorrectly (accidentally) mistype my password, instead of stopping and prompting an alert that the password is incorrect, Windows seems to proceed by creating a new (local?) account in the background (i.e. I see a message "preparing desktop".) It then loads the new deskop, which is exactly what I do not want. How do I stop this behaviour? If I mistype my Microsoft password at the login screen, I simply want a prompt to re-enter my password. Note that there is no local account that I myself created.

:)

Orange71, Dec 23, 2015

2. Sign in to my own desktop pc with Microsoft log-in. IT IS NOT YOURS MICROSOFT.

Microsoft has heard us. There will be more user control over Windows Updates in the next Creator's Version update due possibly in May. Until then here are some ways you can presently Prevent
    Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates

If you had never set up Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account then it should not have been necessary to sign in with one. Did you purchase Office or anything in the Store app that might have set up the account on your PC?

Either way you can always change a Microsoft Account to a Local Account in Account Settings following this link

How to Revert Your Windows 10 Account to a Local One
    which also explains a bit more about how it can get converted to MS account in the first place.

Once you get the Local Account set up, you can choose to remove the password, or add an easier 4 digit PIN to sign in with:

Windows 10 Sign in: Password, PIN, Picture Password

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. If you have any other issues, I'd like to help if you'll just explain them here. I'll be monitoring the thread.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Sign in to my own desktop pc with Microsoft log-in. IT IS NOT YOURS MICROSOFT.

Microsoft just updated Windows 10 on my desktop pc. I had to sign in with my microsoft account number to gain access to my own desktop. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE COMMANDEERING MY COMPUTER??????????

I'm 69 years old, watched Bill Gates rise from a snot nosed brilliant teenager to the world renowned billionaire philanthropist he is today. I have RESPECTED his mind, his accomplishments, his nerdy good humor and general good will. I LOVE THE GUY.

My body is broken, I live on epidurals, small amounts of Lortab, and the love of God and my wife. MY COMPUTER is all I have left for education, entertainment, and to get my mind off this pain-wracked body, off the many tasks that need to be done on the house
    for my wife so she'll have a decent place to live after I'm dead, off the fact I can't even pay to keep her alive if something goes wrong, and I'm so darned messed up I sit wrapped in pillows at this window on the world.

When I was viable I used Microsoft exclusively for my personal and home-based business. I loved all the work everyone put into it through the years. It is the best.

But when you, YOU, take over MY COMPUTER, and won't let me in unless I enter the password to my Microsoft account, you've gone too far.

I want this stopped. If you update my PC I want you to respectfully tell me and provide me complete access to it as soon as it boots.

Your apparent plan for world domination will not, shall not, include commandeering my pc.

If anyone knows how to stop this pirating of my pc, please tell me.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Meticularius, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

How to always log in with my Microsoft account?

1. How to always log in with my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - always log Microsoft

2. my microsoft account not log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account not log in: my windows not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-not-log-in/95fe21ce-8c0a-42e2-bfe5-16deeeeae3c7
  3. my microsoft account not log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft account not log in: my windows not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-not-log-in/95fe21ce-8c0a-42e2-bfe5-16deeeeae3c7
  4. How can I log in to my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log in to my microsoft account?: First, my windows was locked, I need to find my BilLocker recovery key to unlock it. When I was trying to log in to my account, I was asked to verify my ID, so I used this security recovery steps, but unfortunately I didn't copy the code I got. Now I can not use this method...
  5. How can I log in to my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I log in to my microsoft account?: First, my windows was locked, I need to find my BilLocker recovery key to unlock it. When I was trying to log in to my account, I was asked to verify my ID, so I used this security recovery steps, but unfortunately I didn't copy the code I got. Now I can not use this method...
  6. Logging in to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Logging in to my Microsoft Account.: My secondary pc and my phone both accept my AOL login to Microsoft Account, plus two other separate logins.My primary pc, however, refuses to accept the AOL login. Why is this? Please ignore the fact that I'm still living in the nineties with an AOL account but bear in mind,...
  7. Logging into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging into my Microsoft account: I am trying to log in to my second account on windows 10, which is a Microsoft account, but it says "Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." I know my password and I tried logging in on the website but it's not letting me...
  8. log into my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log into my Microsoft account: why when logging into my Microsoft account get message user and or password incorrect. then get code to change. put in 'old' pw get can't use old pw. How do you know 'old' when didn't find it in initial log in ?...
  9. Can't log into my Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into my Microsoft account.: I need to speak to someone as I can't log into my Microsoft Account. I give the correct email and password but when it asks for my Windows Password, it says I'm already logged in. WHY!!!...
  10. Can't log in to my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log in to my Microsoft Account.: [ATTACH] I get this message every time I try to login to my Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-my-microsoft-account/eeebba19-9409-4a2f-8745-609d933b2c77