Windows 10: How to assign mouse functions?

Discus and support How to assign mouse functions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yes, I might be in the wrong category. Yes, I have looked up "how to change mouse button functions windows 10". All of them are just about the basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandomWindows, Dec 28, 2016.

1. How to assign mouse functions?

Yes, I might be in the wrong category. Yes, I have looked up "how to change mouse button functions windows 10". All of them are just about the basic stuff. My question is, how do you change it so that the buttons on the side of the mouse control volume? It's annoying if something's loud, I can't turn it down quickly, especially if it's a fullscreen game. Basically how do you assign the mouse functions? Any help would be appreciated*Sad

:)

RandomWindows, Dec 28, 2016

2. Mouse button changes in windows 10

Hi Seth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

To know how to change mouse button assignments, please refer the below link:

How-to: Reassign Mouse Buttons | Microsoft Accessories

You can also refer the below link to troubleshoot:

How-to: Default Mouse Buttons | Microsoft Accessories

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet1709, Dec 28, 2016
  3. rjhinso Win User
    5 button moust cant use 4th and 5th buttons

How to I assign actions to the 4th and 5th buttons on Microsoft Wireless mouse 5000 in windows 10?

rjhinso, Dec 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to assign mouse functions?

Hi, may I give you a suggestion that takes a different approach?

Volumouse (free) allows you to volume and brightness etc by pressing a user-defined key and using the scroll wheel. This works when things are playing full screen too.

Not only is it convenient, but only requires a scroll wheel, so is largely mouse independent.

Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Dec 28, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Remapping buttons past basic settings would require a driver with those features form mouse's manufacturer.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to assign mouse functions?

1. How to assign mouse functions? - Similar Threads - assign mouse functions

2. Mouse function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse function: I have a Windows 10 pc and a logitech mx master 2s mouse. Two weeks ago a problem arose with the cursor appearing after boot up but not responding to movement of the mouse. This happened intermittently for a couple of days then stopped. Mouse worked perfectly fine for two...
  3. Mouse function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse function: I have a Windows 10 pc and a logitech mx master 2s mouse. Two weeks ago a problem arose with the cursor appearing after boot up but not responding to movement of the mouse. This happened intermittently for a couple of days then stopped. Mouse worked perfectly fine for two...
  4. Mouse function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to assign a key to a different function but also assign it to its own function by...

How to assign a key to a different function but also assign it to its own function by...: I basically want to make the forward-slash key "\", to have the function of the left shift key. So I found an app called "Sharpkeys" which helped me do this.However, I still want the forward-slash key to perform its own normal function only if I hold "Ctrl". The app doesn't...
  6. Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?: Hi! I need to have a push-to-mute ability (not a toggle) for my microphone(s) that I would call from a mouse button. I know about Autohotkey so it could be part of the solution. But I can't find a software capable of muting during a keypress. I've only found programs...
  7. how to assign a text string to a function key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to assign a text string to a function key?: how to assign a text string to a function key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-a-text-string-to-a-function-key/b940af17-2c5f-4cb5-944e-257473da6a27
  8. how to assign the function keys

how to assign the function keys: How do I assign the function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-the-function-keys/be4471e2-dc08-43cf-a6df-67e985e30a7c
  9. Software to assign function keys?

Software to assign function keys?: I would like to make function keys to mute, volume up, and volume down. How can this be done? Are there hot keys or shortcuts to do this? Or is there software that can assign these to function keys? 58791
  10. How can I assign volume controls to function keys?

How can I assign volume controls to function keys?: How can I assign audio volume controls to function keys? I want one to be volume up, another to be volume down, and one to be mute? 98837