Windows 10: How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

Discus and support How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sharper4, Aug 27, 2015.

1. sharper4 Win User

How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge browser. As much as I prefer my family not go through my stuff, I don't want to see theirs after they're done using the computer either. Anyone know how to accomplish this with the new Edge browser?

:)

sharper4, Aug 27, 2015

2. edge browser keep on auto close after opening help me.

When i try to open Edge browser it continue to auto close can't even use it ..how can i fix this. thanks

darlyn shanemanalo, Aug 27, 2015
  3. System error

The malicious webpage is actually brought back up on relaunch by Edge’s own
    AutoRecover feature. You can demonstrate this feature for yourself right now if you just force-close Edge with
    Task Manager – you’ll end up right back here on restart. Other browsers give you this same option to recover the last browsing session, but other browsers also give you an option to go directly to your homepage. Not so with
    Edge – Edge doesn’t provide any way at all to bypass the last-session recovery – so whenever you force-close a browser-locking webpage with
    Task Manager, that same page gets automatically reloaded on restart and then locks up the browser once again – and so on ad infinitum. Edge gets caught up in an
    auto-recovery loop of its own making.

Forcing the recovery of webpages that are so problematic that the browser needs to be terminated with
    Task Manager doesn’t really make much sense. Of course there is a registry mod that will turn off the
    AutoRecover feature for you:

Regaining Control Over Edge - Malwarebytes Labs

But why wouldn’t that option be included in Edge’s settings?

GreginMich, Aug 27, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Click three dots(top right), select New Inprivate window and when you close the browser others will not be able to view your history.

How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge - Similar Threads - auto logoff browser

2. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?: Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmuo9/how_to_prevent_close_of_new_microsoft_edge/
  3. windows 10 auto logoff

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 auto logoff: How do I turn this feature off. Under power settings I have the screen set to turn off at 2 hours. I have used this setting forever and when I return and move the mouse it comes back on. Now all of the sudden it is logging out. Screen saver is set to none....
  4. Auto-LogOff

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-LogOff: I need a solution either for server 2016&2019 or for Windows 10. That will force a logoff after a user has been inactive for 6 hours. Some specifics; 1. I don't care about their data or if they have saved their work. They need to be logged off after 6hrs. 2. The auto...
  5. how to close browser

in Windows 10 Support
    how to close browser: Mcafee asked me to close my browser. How to do it? 126633
  6. Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot: Why does my edge browser show my previous browsing history upon rebooting my pc. Whatever tabs I had open, open again on reboot.How do I prevent this, quite annoying and definitely not safe.Thanks 120833
  7. Edge and Brave Browser - where's the session/tabs data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Brave Browser - where's the session/tabs data?: I'm having problems with these two browsers and I'm reinstalling Windows anyway and I need to get my tabs from them (neither is working right now, so I can't get into the browsers). Does anyone know where they store their session/tab data?
  8. When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes: This activity began after the April 18th 2018 update, Every time edge closes the desktop and Task Bar refreshes, and I have staggering mouse movement for 2 seconds or so. Don't know what causes this. The same thing happens in clean boot, and safe mode. I have done all the...
  9. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?: Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks. 79550
  10. Auto logoff in a timeframe.

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto logoff in a timeframe.: I know how to block out time the pc can't be used in earlier Windows versions, but I don't see how in WIN10. Is it still possible? How? Thanks. 51874