Windows 10: How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

Discus and support How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Affankhattab, May 22, 2018.

1. How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the USB drive is inserted? l tried to make a autorun.inf file but it didn't work. Thanks for your help.

:)

Affankhattab, May 22, 2018

2. Issue with recycle bin, windows defender, hard drive space, etc. Dell Support couldn't help.

We suggest that you reset the Recycle Bin folder to fix problems such as the Recycle Bin of your PC not working how it's supposed to. After the reset, Windows will automatically create a new Recycle Bin folder that will work.

To reset the Recycle Bin, follow the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command then press Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

That command will reset the Recycle Bin in the C drive. After doing so, we also suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) scan and the Deployment Image Servicing & Management (DISM) tool to repair corrupted files in the system.

Here are the steps:

• On elevated Command Prompt, type SFC /scannow, and then press
      Enter.
    • After the SFC scan has completed, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 30, 2018
  3. How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I like to inform you that Recycle Bin on the desktop is a temporary storage place for deleted files. When you delete a file or folder on your PC, it doesn't get permanently deleted—it goes to the Recycle Bin. If you ever change your mind and decide you need
    a deleted file, you can get it back through Recycle bin.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "TreeSize", are you referring to a third party disk space manager software?
    • When you say that "emptying the USBs recycle bin", what exactly are you referring to?

As of now, there is no feature in Recycle bin to empty USB drive. It can used to recover the deleted files and folders.

I recommend you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback regarding the issue in Windows Feedback app.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article as a reference and check if it helps.

Recycle Bin: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/recycle-bin-frequently-asked-questions

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
Thema:

How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

1. How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? - Similar Threads - auto run BIN

2. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?: There is recycle bin for all hard disks in my computer, which allows me to recover files from it easily. But I found if the files are in the USB drive, delete them means to delete them permanently. Because USB drives don't have recycle bin by default. I can't recovery data...
  3. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?: There is recycle bin for all hard disks in my computer, which allows me to recover files from it easily. But I found if the files are in the USB drive, delete them means to delete them permanently. Because USB drives don't have recycle bin by default. I can't recovery data...
  4. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  6. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  7. No app associated error when inserting USB in any drive

No app associated error when inserting USB in any drive: Hello Recently I have been getting an error that says no app associated when I insert a USB into any of the ports. At first it appears to load Dropbox service as if it thinks that the USB ports are associated with it but i don't know how to prevent or stop this. Any...
  8. USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to: Hi Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to. I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of deleted files if possible, can you help with a path and setting? Thanks 161288
  9. No auto USB insert

No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  10. No auto USB insert

in Windows 10 Support
    No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto execute a file when usb is inserted windows 10