Windows 10: How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

Discus and support How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Affankhattab, May 22, 2018.

1. Affankhattab Win User

How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the USB drive is inserted? l tried to make a autorun.inf file but it didn't work. Thanks for your help.

:)

Affankhattab, May 22, 2018
  2. Patricia Yu Win User

Issue with recycle bin, windows defender, hard drive space, etc. Dell Support couldn't help.

We suggest that you reset the Recycle Bin folder to fix problems such as the Recycle Bin of your PC not working how it's supposed to. After the reset, Windows will automatically create a new Recycle Bin folder that will work.

To reset the Recycle Bin, follow the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command then press Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

That command will reset the Recycle Bin in the C drive. After doing so, we also suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) scan and the Deployment Image Servicing & Management (DISM) tool to repair corrupted files in the system.

Here are the steps:

• On elevated Command Prompt, type SFC /scannow, and then press
      Enter.
    • After the SFC scan has completed, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 30, 2018
  3. Nyima Yonten Win User
    How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I like to inform you that Recycle Bin on the desktop is a temporary storage place for deleted files. When you delete a file or folder on your PC, it doesn't get permanently deleted—it goes to the Recycle Bin. If you ever change your mind and decide you need
    a deleted file, you can get it back through Recycle bin.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "TreeSize", are you referring to a third party disk space manager software?
    • When you say that "emptying the USBs recycle bin", what exactly are you referring to?

As of now, there is no feature in Recycle bin to empty USB drive. It can used to recover the deleted files and folders.

I recommend you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback regarding the issue in Windows Feedback app.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article as a reference and check if it helps.

Recycle Bin: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/recycle-bin-frequently-asked-questions

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
Thema:

How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

1. How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? - Similar Threads - auto run BIN

2. How to configure USB drives auto-play per each specific drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to configure USB drives auto-play per each specific drive?: I have configured Windows 10 to open up my USB thumb drive in Windows Explorer automatically when it's plugged in. This is very convenient. What is not convenient is when it does the same with my 3 external USB hard drives when I reboot the system. These drives are plugged...
  3. How to configure USB drives auto-play per each specific drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to configure USB drives auto-play per each specific drive?: I have configured Windows 10 to open up my USB thumb drive in Windows Explorer automatically when it's plugged in. This is very convenient. What is not convenient is when it does the same with my 3 external USB hard drives when I reboot the system. These drives are plugged...
  4. Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk: Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive. Everything worked fine and then recently: Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC" The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices"...
  5. won't boot into Windows 10 when USB flash drive is inserted

won't boot into Windows 10 when USB flash drive is inserted: I have a used Thinkpad SL510 purchased on eBay. It came with Window 7 Pro. It is an older laptop so no UEFI. I immediately did a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit. I managed to find all the drivers for it, and there are no problems in Device Manager. Windows...
  6. BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd: My Hp Notebook automatically starts a BSOD restart cycle when I insert my Seagate 3TB portable hdd. I can't even get to the boot screen, it's just a nonstop cycle. I tried safe mode, that also continued the cycle once the usb was inserted. If I take that hard drive out, and...
  7. USB insert sound not working.

USB insert sound not working.: Okay so I don't know what happened but today I had noticed that when I put in a USB driver it will be recognized but no sound will play when I do. I tried going into system sound events to see if I could fix it but it wouldn't work. Then I tried restarting and shutting down...
  8. Color of Flash Drive Insert

Color of Flash Drive Insert: I realize this has nothing to do with Win 10 but I can think of nowhere else to ask this question and I will appreciate your help. I have a USB flash drive whose insert is bright red, the first I've ever seen. I believe blue indicates it is at least a USB 2 device but have...
  9. Windows asks to format USB Drive when SD card is inserted

Windows asks to format USB Drive when SD card is inserted: I have SD card with Raspbian OS on it. When I insert the card using the card reader adapter, Windows asks me to format the E:\ drive, and it shows two different drives where it supposed to be just one (the boot with Raspbian OS on it). Recently it also shows the message:...
  10. Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd

Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd: Good evening to all. I decided to make an image of my C drive on my windows ten spare laptop,Using the free Macrium Reflect software. followed all the info on how to proceed with the software,It all went well I burnt the recovery disc as directed. Now this is where...