How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

Discus and support How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Affankhattab, May 23, 2018.

1. Affankhattab Win User

I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the USB drive is inserted? l tried to make a autorun.inf file but it didn't work. Thanks for your help.

:)

Affankhattab, May 23, 2018
  2. Patricia Yu Win User

Issue with recycle bin, windows defender, hard drive space, etc. Dell Support couldn't help.

We suggest that you reset the Recycle Bin folder to fix problems such as the Recycle Bin of your PC not working how it's supposed to. After the reset, Windows will automatically create a new Recycle Bin folder that will work.

To reset the Recycle Bin, follow the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command then press Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

That command will reset the Recycle Bin in the C drive. After doing so, we also suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) scan and the Deployment Image Servicing & Management (DISM) tool to repair corrupted files in the system.

Here are the steps:

• On elevated Command Prompt, type SFC /scannow, and then press
      Enter.
    • After the SFC scan has completed, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 30, 2018
  3. Nyima Yonten Win User
    How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I like to inform you that Recycle Bin on the desktop is a temporary storage place for deleted files. When you delete a file or folder on your PC, it doesn't get permanently deleted—it goes to the Recycle Bin. If you ever change your mind and decide you need
    a deleted file, you can get it back through Recycle bin.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "TreeSize", are you referring to a third party disk space manager software?
    • When you say that "emptying the USBs recycle bin", what exactly are you referring to?

As of now, there is no feature in Recycle bin to empty USB drive. It can used to recover the deleted files and folders.

I recommend you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback regarding the issue in Windows Feedback app.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article as a reference and check if it helps.

Recycle Bin: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/recycle-bin-frequently-asked-questions

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
Thema:

How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? - Similar Threads - auto run BIN

1. After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

in Windows 10 Support
    After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS: Hi, After the 10/9/2016 windows 10 update, some of my video games have become capped at 40 fps. Yesterday prior to the update, all games were running smoothly at high fps (I have a geforce 755m). Today, I tested it with League of Legends, CounterStrike Global Offensive,...
  2. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.: Just wanting some help as I upgraded to windows 10 today. I've copied a shortcut for Realtemp 3.7 and tried placing in both startup folders aswell as only putting it in one of them. I want Realtemp to load as soon as I get to the desktop so I can monitor CPU temps....
  3. Missing Registry keys for Auto run

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Registry keys for Auto run: I have Windows 10 operating system. For some unknown reason I have no auto run when I insert a CD/DVD into my drive or when using my USB external hard drives and memory sticks. I believe I have had something happen to my registry as I think there are keys missing from it. I...
  4. Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open: Windows 10 auto-updated on my laptop when I spent two days out of town. Now my computer is running 10 times slower! It takes 10 minutes for my apps and programs to open, and I'm constantly getting error messages about files not responding and freezing up. I'm also getting...
  5. How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10: Hey guys. What do I do if I want to keep the Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10? It has not been showing me the history ever since I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. 10102
  6. Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions: I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps? This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if...
  7. Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update: Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.' On a separate occasion, AVG performs an auto update and basically says the same thing:...
How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? solved