How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted?

Discus and support How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Affankhattab, May 22, 2018.

1. Affankhattab Win User

I have a game ROM that is in BIN format that I've set to open automatically with an emulator. How do I set it so the BIN file can auto load when the USB drive is inserted? l tried to make a autorun.inf file but it didn't work. Thanks for your help.

:)

Affankhattab, May 22, 2018
  2. Patricia Yu Win User

Issue with recycle bin, windows defender, hard drive space, etc. Dell Support couldn't help.

We suggest that you reset the Recycle Bin folder to fix problems such as the Recycle Bin of your PC not working how it's supposed to. After the reset, Windows will automatically create a new Recycle Bin folder that will work.

To reset the Recycle Bin, follow the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command then press Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

That command will reset the Recycle Bin in the C drive. After doing so, we also suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) scan and the Deployment Image Servicing & Management (DISM) tool to repair corrupted files in the system.

Here are the steps:

• On elevated Command Prompt, type SFC /scannow, and then press
      Enter.
    • After the SFC scan has completed, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 30, 2018
  3. Nyima Yonten Win User
    How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I like to inform you that Recycle Bin on the desktop is a temporary storage place for deleted files. When you delete a file or folder on your PC, it doesn't get permanently deleted—it goes to the Recycle Bin. If you ever change your mind and decide you need
    a deleted file, you can get it back through Recycle bin.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "TreeSize", are you referring to a third party disk space manager software?
    • When you say that "emptying the USBs recycle bin", what exactly are you referring to?

As of now, there is no feature in Recycle bin to empty USB drive. It can used to recover the deleted files and folders.

I recommend you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback regarding the issue in Windows Feedback app.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article as a reference and check if it helps.

Recycle Bin: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/recycle-bin-frequently-asked-questions

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
Thema:

1. How to auto run .BIN file when USB drive is inserted? - Similar Threads - auto run BIN

2. Can`t install any .msi file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9
  3. How to set a service to a specific logon account?

How to set a service to a specific logon account?: Microsoft update service starts automatically. So I wanna set the service to a specific account. Windows version: 1709, build: 16299.547....
  4. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...
  5. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...
  6. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  7. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  8. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  9. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  10. How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?

How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?: The shortcut to change virtual desktop in Windows 10 is: Ctrl + Win + ←/→ i want to bind this to my mouse side key , how to do this? my mouse is DeathAdder2013...