Windows 10: How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

Discus and support How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jitesh kumar, Mar 16, 2017.

1. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

Hello everyone,
    i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me?

How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser? [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

jitesh kumar, Mar 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Credential Manager lost web passwords

Hi Guru Kiran G

- Which passwords are you referring to?

I'm talking about Web Credentials, those saved when you select save password on Internet Explorer or Edge (when you open Credential Manager you have 2 tabs: Web Credentials and Windows Credentials)

- Are they related to a particular web browser? (I.e. Microsoft Edge or Chrome or Internet Explorer)

Yes, like I said, they are related to IE and Edge

I checked on Edge and IE and they stores passwords correctly. I made a test and passwords are saved correctly on Credentials Manager.

What wonders me is that I lost all my past passwords. I can confirm that they were saved correctly on Credentials Manager.

1 Is there a way to recover them? I'm pretty sure that they are synced via cloud using Microsoft account

Thanks,

Andrea

AndreaCesaro, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Noelram Win User
    Microsoft Edge doesn't remember secure passwords

k.herweg's answer is the solution gang.

Some may not realize that the IE Security/Trusted Sites settings are passed over to Edge.

After you put the site address in as a trusted site in IE, then Edge will then give you the checkbox to save credentials.

Noelram, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

1. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser? - Similar Threads - Auto save credentials

2. Edge Browser saving a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser saving a photo: When I am saving a photo from the web, why is it saved as .jfif instead of .jpeg? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-saving-a-photo/3a008f4e-47d2-4847-9ff5-19e21aef51eb
  3. Edge Browser saving a photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser saving a photo: When I am saving a photo from the web, why is it saved as .jfif instead of .jpeg? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-saving-a-photo/3a008f4e-47d2-4847-9ff5-19e21aef51eb
  4. Edge Browser saving a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser emulates IE -not a fan anymore: since after the recent upgrade to win10, edge browser received additional addons like lastpass. i though oh great news.. however, edge has been behaving quite like IE. page loads freeze. get popup "page unresponsive" so much so, i would have to close it and use an alternative...
  7. How To Save Windowed Edge Browser Screen Location?

in Browsers and Email
    How To Save Windowed Edge Browser Screen Location?: I'm on a Surface pro 3 with a high res screen, and like to use windowed mode for my browser. With IE I could set the window the size I wanted, and where I wanted, and close it. Then when re-launching it would come back up in the same spot, and be the same size. With Edge,...
  8. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?: Hello! I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How to I go about this? I've checked in the settings, but it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. MY IE doesn't function...
  9. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303
  10. How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge: Hi there I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses like 127.0.0.1:8000 (i.e localhost type stuff) are no longer addressable. I need these types of addresses to use the web...