Windows 10: How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

Discus and support How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We have a Windows 10 Pro machine and wonder why a standard user always need permissions from an administrator in order to sign-in? How can we... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Per Schunnesson, Aug 23, 2018.

1. How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

Hello,

We have a Windows 10 Pro machine and wonder why a standard user always need permissions from an administrator in order to sign-in? How can we avoid this annoying step? We want a standard user to sign-in without any authorization.

Thanks!

:)

Per Schunnesson, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Win does not prompt for an Admin password in a Standard account

I don't think you can do that. Windows' behaviour when you first try to access a folder for which you don't have permission is to ask if you want to grant permanent access. For a standard user the UAC prompt will ask for an admin password to do this. You can revoke the permission later by deleting the added user account from the permissions for that folder if you wish.

In this example User is a standard account and Maintenance is an administrator. Signed in as User we get...

How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in [​IMG]

3. Standard user allow to change time

Hello,

I suggest you to change the account type from Standard to Administrator and check if it works.

Here are the steps:

Login to your Admin account.

In search type User Account and hit enter.

Click on Manage another account.

Select your Standard user account and click on change the account type.

From this page select Administrator and click on Change account type.

After doing this switch user from Admin account to Standard user account and try to change the date and time.

Hope this works.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 23, 2018
  4. How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

Win7 User Admin permissions broken

Basically it's an administrative user not the root admin , I don't know what it went wrong with settings and i forogot , but the permissions for it account were messed and now it cannot delete/edit sometimes stuff that came from rar or downloader or even installs, plus cannot uninstal most of programs , it's only possible with root admin (hidden), is there a way to restore these privilegies.

Also the error points "You need administrative privilegies from Administrators/[Nickname] "
    BUT I AM THE DAMN USER !!!!

It's not my PC so i really don't want to dig it up from scratch.

The PC has RAID0 so basically im not going to go over that again with a reinstall/reformat. ... takes time.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in

1. How to avoid granting admin permission every time a standard user sign-in - Similar Threads - avoid granting admin

2. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  3. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  4. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  5. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  6. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  7. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts: Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode? much appreciated 137265
  8. How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to avoid having to sign in every time Win 10 starts: Can you tell me how to change settings so that I don't have to sign in every time Win 10 starts or wakes up from sleep mode? much appreciated 137265
  9. Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps: I Would like to know if there are any options to grant admin rights for certain apps to standard users. such as update and reinstall rights. only to specific applications....
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to avoid admin permission

2. avoid admin sing in software