Windows 10: How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007?

Discus and support How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm migrating my system to Windows 10 Pro. I'm currently using Office Outlook 2007 for my emails and I'm curious what is the best way to transfer not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ahmd, Aug 28, 2016.

1. ahmd Win User

How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007?

I'm migrating my system to Windows 10 Pro. I'm currently using Office Outlook 2007 for my emails and I'm curious what is the best way to transfer not only my mail but also all Outlook settings, accounts, layouts, etc. Is there a way to do it?

Which registry keys or folders do I need to copy? Basically how does it store its data?

PS. I know that there's (paid) software that does it for you. In this case I want to know how to do manually.

:)

2. Windows 10 Probable Access Issue - Tiles and Edge Won't Start - Verify My Identity Needed But Won't Start

I upgraded to Windows 10 last weekend. Love it so far. Set-up the Mail TILE but after that could not get back into my Outlook client e-mail. Removed the Mail TILE Outlook account and still no access. Found an article on how to set and propagate access
    rights for ALL USERS. Did that. Outlook now works, but the TILES now will not load. Edge will not start, etc..

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Jon Kreski, Aug 28, 2016
  3. MissVV Win User
    I am having a hard time setting up my outlook

I use Windows Live as my email address but since I have Outlook 2007 on my laptop I have linked the internet-based e-mail to my Outlook so that all mail goes straight to Outlook. I have been trying for the last week to set up Outlook on my phone but it
    has not worked. Since I have linked the Live.com to my Outlook I do not receive any mail into the inbox on Live.com it all goes straight to Outlook. How do I do I set up my e-mail so that it automatically goes to my Outlook on my mobile phone.

MissVV, Aug 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

The .PST or .OST? Are you planning on going with a newer version of Office? Personally I would pull the drive and use a new one for Windows 10. Then use the old drive to drag over the files you want to move back to those directories. In place upgrades of Windows 10 can cause all of your saved files to get tossed to the garbage bin literally. Migration has been an issue with Windows 10 for a while.

I personally would just save all emails back to your server in a folder, same as contacts. Setup your new install of Windows 10 for emails to not be held on the computer, but held on the server, same as contacts.

bro67, Aug 28, 2016
  5. ahmd Win User
    It's .PST and the same exact copy of Outlook 2007. I will uninstall it from the old PC when I'm done. I really don't want to pay for the new version of Office. There's nothing in it that interests me.

What I'm asking is where does Outlook 2007 store all the stuff: emails, settings, layouts, account?

6. PiKo Win User
    What I'm asking is where does Outlook 2007 store all the stuff: emails, settings, layouts, account?

As far as I know: all this stuff is in the .pst file. Just replace your new pst file (not yet used) by your old one.
    Use a 3rd party search programme to find it (I like Wise Jet Search) and search for *.pst

7. altae Win User
    Create a system image with a program that let's you extract single files out of the image. The .pst files usually resides within the system partition. This way you can deal with restoring your outlook settings later.

altae, Aug 28, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

2007 is no longer supported, so you may run into problems with getting it to run properly on Windows 10. Everything is going to be under your User Directory. If you open up the Mail shortcut in Control Panel, it will give you the info on the pst & ost. Anything further, check out slipstick.com They have a good list of utilities that you can use for fixing the pst.

Office 2013 totally changed things and caused the older version of office to have the PSt & OST not backwards compatible.

Even though you are going to try the slide over to the new, I would still back all emails and contacts back to your server that you are using for your email, just in case something goes wrong.

bro67, Aug 29, 2016
  9. ahmd Win User
    IDK, it works fine on my Windows 10. And I really don't need any frills that they added in later versions. There's really nothing new (except the money that they want you to pay for it.) I paid for it once and it works just fine.

So I was able to get to the bottom of how to transfer everything. Here it is if anyone else is interested.

I found this link:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...ad=US&fromAR=1

It turns out Outlook 2007 vomits out its data and settings all over the hard drive & registry. For my purposes I needed to save the following locations from the hard drive:

Code: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates[/quote]

and then export these registry keys:

Code: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook[/quote] one can do it with this command for automation:

Code: regedit /e "file-to-save-to.reg" "registry-key-to-export"[/quote]

Then save it all on the jump drive and move it to the new computer. Once Outlook 2007 is already installed, close it first and copy everything to the same location & import registry keys. It will install everything as it was in the old system (emails, settings, accounts, signatures, Outlook screen layout & customization) except passwords for email accounts. You will need to enter those manually.

There are additional locations in the link above for stuff that I don't use, like templates, etc. So if you're interested to take those read the MSDN doc.

ahmd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to back up all mail and settings in Outlook 2007? - Similar Threads - mail settings Outlook

2. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2007: Suddenly all my incoming emails are going to the deleted folder and NOT my inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2007/11eb6aa5-28c8-4fcb-ba87-5fbc13f35406
  3. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2007: Hey guys, I have a little big problem. I accidentally uninstalled office 2007 when I had the outlook 2007 and now it does not work, u know how to fix it? submitted by /u/Parzival-956 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8qpm4/outlook_2007/
  4. MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake: I'm hoping there is someone here with experience with MS outlook email. I use Microsoft Office 2007 outlook for my mail and made an error setting up account, when I input out going mail I put "L: [email protected]" instead of "mail.plus.net". When I try to login to my mail I...
  5. Outlook 2007

Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  6. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  7. outlook 2007 configuration settings

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007 configuration settings: Hi, This pc uses win10 pro, and outlook 2007. Recently the connection to email server failed and I'm not able to re-establish. I tried manual settings as per Setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007 to check your email - InMotion Hosting but connection to email (gmail.com) is not...
  8. outlook 2007 locking up

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007 locking up: I'm having intermittent problems with outlook 2007 locking up. Any suggestions for fix? 24458
  9. outlook 2007

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007: I have installed Win 10 from 8.1. my email in outlook 2007 is not sending, error message OX800CCC13? also cannot open address book? what has happened to all my contacts. Under Windows Mail, where are all my people contacts? Windows 10 is causing a lot of...
  10. Outlook 2007

Outlook 2007: Like a lot of other users, I've been having problems in sending emails BUT unlike most others, running SFC /scannow hasn't fixed my problem although it worked on my wife's Laptop. So I uninstalled & reinstalled a different version which contain a dll that was rejected so I...