Windows 10: How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The Taskbar is one of the most used interfaces in Windows. We all like to pin most used programs, even shortcuts with extra privileges, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 23, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 23, 2018
  2. eidairaman1, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

Thanks for your reply.

Just in case this was a result of a poor description of the problem by me, I will explain in detail.

I have Excel permanently pinned to the taskbar. When I right click the Excel tile, the context menu shows a list of Pinned items at the top and Recent items below that. I believe these are called jump lists.

When I hover over an item on the Pinned list a push pin (), overlaid with a no entry sign (), is displayed to the right of the item.

I can click on the pin to unpin it from the pinned list.

Under Windows 7, I was able to left click on an item in the pinned list and drag it up or down to a different position in the list. This drag and drop functionality has never worked for me under Windows 10. As I noted in my original post,
    the only way to resequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

Do you know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

davecope22, Aug 23, 2018
  4. How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10

Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

In Windows 7 you could drag a pinned item on a taskbar tile to move it up and down the list of pinned items.

This drag/drop functionality is not available in Windows 10 - I read somewhere that the only way to resquequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

This is a pain.

Does anyone know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

Thanks

davecope22, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10

1. How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore pinned

2. Related to taskbar pinned items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Related to taskbar pinned items.: I accidently pinned my local drive D to the right side of the taskbar but now I am unable to figure out how to remove it from there. Kindly someone help me with a solution....
  3. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  4. How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post talks about how to backup and restore taskbar toolbars in Windows 10. […] This article How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the unpinning […] This article How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to open pinned items in a new tab in Windows Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open pinned items in a new tab in Windows Taskbar: Conventionally, the internet consists of posts that prevent this behavior. But I want to design my workspace such that the pinned items will be separate from the open windows. Does anyone know how to achieve this? submitted by /u/prashanth360 [link] [comments]...
  7. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar: I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05 When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the...
  8. Taskbar pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned items: I use a couple taskbar pinned websites. Namely Facebook and Amazon. These are pinned from IE11 since Edge doesn't support. Useful and if I right click all sorts of handy shortcut. However, initially the pinned icon (or favicon) was the nice 64x64 type but over time the icons...
  9. Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to back up and restore all pinned apps on your taskbar in Windows 10. This can be handy if you do not want...
  10. Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. location of pinned start menu items

2. how to bACK UP PINNED RECENT ITEMS

3. manage recent items pinned to taskbar