Windows 10: How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

Discus and support How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, there, This is my first topic as I am new here. I registered in the forum to ask for help from you, as you can see that he has extensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zontir, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Zontir Win User

How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

Hi, there,
    This is my first topic as I am new here.

I registered in the forum to ask for help from you, as you can see that he has extensive experience in Windows. I tried to solve my problem by searching in google and in this same forum but I didn't find any solution because they all focus on something different from mine.

The problem is that I want to see the Quick Access of Windows in the navigation pane of the browser as in the following image.

https://prnt.sc/k3zhae

As you can see it is not available, I want to restore it and I can't find any option for it.

Could you help me with this?
    Thank you

:)

Zontir, Jul 8, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Backup/restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

Hi try this from the excellent Tutorials section -- do have a look.
    File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar - Backup and Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Further:
    You can use Win 10 as a desktop PC much like Win 7. The control panel remains, but is slowly migrating to Settings, and there are features like the Action Centre which are obviously different.

You can avoid:
    - the start menu - use Classic Shell (free) and you'll be much happier. (Still lets you use the Win 10 start menu)
    - universal apps (they are not exe's- different
    - Cortana

It's really not worth trying to uninstall stuff you don't use.

Appearance: this is what I've done. There is far less flexibility with Win 10, but see the Customisation section to see some things others have done.

How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access? [​IMG]

How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access? [​IMG]

Note the Win 7 Orb.

dalchina, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Scoox Win User
    Backup/restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

I'm reluctantly upgrading to W10 as my new laptop isn't supported by W7. My goal is to get W10 to work as similar as possible to W7.

Anyway, one of the things I'm finding really awkward is the new "Quick Access" links in Explorer's navigation pane, which replaces the old Links or Favorites.

With Favorites:

• I could backup my links using a script.
    • I was able to change the location of the Favorites folder using a registry hack, which was also very useful.
    • I was able to rename Favorites while keeping the target folder name unchanged, which is a very real and typical scenario
    • Ability to set custom icons
    • Relied on the familiar and simple mechanism of Explorer shortcuts, which allows easy and convenient manipulation

None of this is now possible with the new and super-duper Quick Access that Microsoft spent time and money to re-invent. Why they had to go out of their way to "fix" something that worked remarkably well is beyond me.*Sad

Long story short, I need a way to back up Quick Access links, but I can't find them anywhere on my c:\ drive. Favorites used to be stored in %UserProfile%\Links, where the heck are Quick Access links stored?

Cheers

Scoox, Jul 8, 2018
  4. rizzelet Win User

Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10  

I followed the steps in the this tutorial and was able to remove the Quick Access feature from the navigation pane of Windows Explorer - thanks for this.

However, the Quick Access feature can still be seen in the navigation pane of the save dialog explorer when trying to save a file from a web browser, for example. Do you have any tips on how to remove the Quick Access feature from this location as well?

rizzelet, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Backup or Restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access? - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Explorer

2. How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane: Hi,Currently my Quick Access is displayed in right pane when selecting the Home icon in the navigation pane. When I go into the File Explore option, Quick Access is missing. I only have in the pick list: HOME; THIS PC & ONE DRIVE PERSONNAL.How can I make the Quick Access...
  3. How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane: Hi,Currently my Quick Access is displayed in right pane when selecting the Home icon in the navigation pane. When I go into the File Explore option, Quick Access is missing. I only have in the pick list: HOME; THIS PC & ONE DRIVE PERSONNAL.How can I make the Quick Access...
  4. Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane: Everything else shows up in the navigation pane like videos and pictures, but the only thing missing is the Quick Access folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-is-missing-in-the-navigation-pane/fa12ce12-1b60-4c86-ace5-d0617d2a165a
  5. Quick Access Missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Missing from Navigation Pane: Setup a new computer and the Navigation Pane is missing the Quick Access folders. I have the quick launch up at the top along the bar but it's not listed in the Library area. This is what is missing from the machine. I've tried resetting the view panels and making a change in...
  6. How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane: As the title says I'm trying to move the quick access entry of the navigation pane to the bottom of my order but I can't find the correct registry entry to do that. No matter what order index I assign to other items on my navigation pane they never move above quick access...
  7. How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer: [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 File Explorer does not display Quick access or Favorites in the navigation pane, or you want to remove or hide them, […] This article How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer first appeared on...
  8. Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.: Hi, I have two "quick access" menu's in the navigation pane - Likely from some customization app from ages ago. How can I remove the duplicate entry? Please see attached screenshot. [img] Latest version of Windows 10. 157112
  9. How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?: Hey folks, I am currently trying to move "This PC" to the top of the navigation pane, or - alternatively - move the "Quick Access" to the very bottom. Is there any possible way? I have found (and used) ways for every other entry, but not those 2. I have even...
  10. Backup/restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/restore Explorer navigation pane Quick Access?: I'm reluctantly upgrading to W10 as my new laptop isn't supported by W7. My goal is to get W10 to work as similar as possible to W7. Anyway, one of the things I'm finding really awkward is the new "Quick Access" links in Explorer's navigation pane, which replaces the old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer quick access backup

2. explorer quick access backup

3. restore navigation pane reg

4. how to backup quick access navigation pane